Next MWCC meet, gauging interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next MWCC meet, gauging interest

Hey guys, the recent local meet was a huge success in my eyes. The weather held out for us, the location was excellent, and we had a lot of fun. I'm definately more interested in the local scene rather than driving 600-1200 miles to do something we can do basically in our own back yard.

I know Cisco was wanting to get out to a drag strip and I think I heard a few others interested in something like that. When I got home the night of the meet , which was like 9 PM compared to the wee hours of the morning after driving many hours non stop for the other meets, the local guys expressed great interest in going to the drag strip in Morocco this month.

We've got some fast cars and some not so fast cars wanting to go, and the location is good for a lot of the people in MWCC. Morocco is located about halfway between Danville and Chicago, maybe a bit closer to Chicago. It's Southeast of Chicago prolly an hour or so.

The date we picked out locally is Saturday, October 28th. Basically a month from the last meet. I dunno if this is enough time for you guys to recooperate or not, or if you'll be busy so that's why I'm making this thread.

I'll be making this trip regardless of whether or not any MWCC members are in attendance...so don't be afraid of showing up and nobody is there. There will be 5-10 locals with me, about the same number of people that showed up to the recent 9/30 meet. If the same people that showed up to the meet showed up to Morocco we'd easily have 15-20 people.

The drag strip's website is www.us41dragway.com and the hours on Saturday are 10-4pm but I believe they race until about 10 PM.

People Attending:

1: Jim (N1ghtM0nkey) '91 CRX
    2: Charlie (meeker7148) '85 200SX
    3: Todd (local) '88 Mustang GT
    4: Jay (local) '88 MX-6 GT
    5: Danny (local) '02 SRT-4
    6: David (accord91lx) '91 Accord
    7: Jonathan (whitejm) '00 Accord
    8:
    9:
    10:

Post up if you're coming. Don't have to be MWCC to come.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-10-2006, 09:58 PM.

I'm interested, I'll let you know for sure as it gets closer. As of now though, count me in, I'll try my best to keep it open that weekend.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Count me in for now, if a problem arises I'll let you know.

Comment

im really intrested in going, but i dont think i will be able to take that day off

maybe if it was a week or 2 later i would DEF be down to go, this is about a week too short notice for me, my car is slow as hell but i would love to get to a meet before winter comes!

i'll keep you guys posted though, but since i already have the 14th(oct)off and just had sept 23rd off the boss hasnt been happy with me taking off so much work....

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

Im in. Keep me posted. I'm enjoying these more local meets more than the long ass drives of the others.
          Seattle Silver crew #5
          Member of the Midwest Car Club.
          ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

bumps fuse cuause i'm fcken toasted, this shit is alsit fuckne at theot

p alredt

Comment

Heh, anyways...

Come on, who else is down? It's only like 2 weeks away and my car got smashed to pieces...but I'm still going. Who knows I might have another by then.

Comment

I may have been recruited to do some work on my sister's boyfriend's car. It's side money I can put back towards my projects, so I don't think I'll be able to unless plans change.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Okay scratch that, still on for the 28th. I talked some sense into the local guys.
                  Last edited by N1ghtM0nkey; 10-18-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X