Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year-End Missouri Meet

Alright, time to get this together.

So far those interested include myself, ryandavis33, H311RA151N, and tampa. Since we're all from the "Four State Region" we're looking to do a meet in Joplin, MO. A lot, a place to eat, and some roads to cruise are things were gonna need. Since I'm in Joplin, I'll source those.

WHEN: Sunday, December 16th.
    WHERE: Joplin, MO Steak-N-Shake. 3115 Hammons Blvd.
    http://www.steaknshake.com/locations...hammons-joplin
    TIME: 11:00 AM

Weather may also play a factor in dates so let's keep that in mind.

If anyone from the surrounding KS, OK, AR, or MO areas wants to come, feel free. Post up guys.
    Last edited by MikeW; 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Awesome, Im glad to see you got this up! I figured your the best person to handle it.

As far as those dates every one of them will work for me. Im going to try to bring both my CBs and as of now I think thats a good possibility.

Comment

Unless more people chime in, we won't need a big lot or a place with big tables, lol. The main Joplin exit has an olive Garden, outback, Denny's, Waffle House, Cheddar's and...I think that's about it. Not sure what kind of food everyone wants but I imagine we want to keep it cheap. That same exit also has some lots. I still need to look around and do my homework. I also can't promise awesome twisty roads either, lol. Joplin doesn't have too much in that department but I'll see what I can do.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

depends how big it is i might come.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Orly?

Comment

I am down for the beginning of December...

I will try to bring both of my CBs

I also have a few friends north of here that have CBs but are not on the forum, I will try to rally them into going

So How many ppl are counted in right now?
            '91 EX 280,000 || '90 LX 330,000
            _____(me)__________(wife)___

Comment

4, including you. Doesn't necessarily have to be CB7s but any Honda. I'll be there in my 6G so it's only fair, lol.

Comment

I'm only available on thursdays and fridays so maybe if we had a friday night meet I would be in with my cb

Comment

Ya didn't look at the dates guess I don't get to come

Comment

Yea i can only do weekends. I have to work friday nights. plus joplin is a pretty far drive for me i want to spend at least a day there.

are we gonna decide on a date yet? all those dates work for me as any weekend does. but i need to plan accordingly for my paychecks
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Tampa and my gf can both for sure get 12/16 off because its far enough away. I think that the 16th is far enough away that most people wont have plans that far in advance and will hopefully be able to come.

As far as a parking lot I think a parking lot is a parking lot to most of us so thats entirely up to Mike. Just as long as we dont get fucked with or told to leave.

Mike W if you want to put a poll up for cheap places to eat I think that would work well and get the ball rolling.

If anyone has any objections just say something because all Im trying to do is help Mike get this thing started.

We need it simi-said in stone so people can for sure say "yes im going" or "no I wont be there" that way we can compose a list and know how many people to expect.

Comment

I will be driving up to Minneapolis MN for the Trailer Park Boys Tour the 14th and I will be driving back that night. So I should be back early morning to mid day the 15th.

I have two front row tickets to the show so its definitely a must.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                          Ya didn't look at the dates guess I don't get to come
                          Where you at?

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                          Yea i can only do weekends. I have to work friday nights. plus joplin is a pretty far drive for me i want to spend at least a day there.

are we gonna decide on a date yet? all those dates work for me as any weekend does. but i need to plan accordingly for my paychecks
                          No...you don't. Lol. So far I like the 16th.

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          Tampa and my gf can both for sure get 12/16 off because its far enough away. I think that the 16th is far enough away that most people wont have plans that far in advance and will hopefully be able to come.

As far as a parking lot I think a parking lot is a parking lot to most of us so thats entirely up to Mike. Just as long as we dont get fucked with or told to leave.

Mike W if you want to put a poll up for cheap places to eat I think that would work well and get the ball rolling.

If anyone has any objections just say something because all Im trying to do is help Mike get this thing started.

We need it simi-said in stone so people can for sure say "yes im going" or "no I wont be there" that way we can compose a list and know how many people to expect.
                          As said, and I'll change the OP, I like the 16th. So, unless otherwise opposed, let's go with that. I'll think about a poll.

As for food, the places I mentioned (Olive Garden, Cheddar's, Jim Bobs, Steak n shake, Outback, Bob Evans, Denny's, Waffle House, Rib Crib, Applebees) are all within a mile or two of the highway. Of course there's always McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Sonic, Hardees..no Burger King or Arby's.

The 16th gives me a month to scout lots and routes to cruise. Do we want twisty, slow, back roads or straight, open highway-types?

Do we wanna meet, eat, then cruise or meet, cruise, then eat?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            Where you at?

No...you don't. Lol. So far I like the 16th.

As said, and I'll change the OP, I like the 16th. So, unless otherwise opposed, let's go with that. I'll think about a poll.

As for food, the places I mentioned (Olive Garden, Cheddar's, Jim Bobs, Steak n shake, Outback, Bob Evans, Denny's, Waffle House, Rib Crib, Applebees) are all within a mile or two of the highway. Of course there's always McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Sonic, Hardees..no Burger King or Arby's.

The 16th gives me a month to scout lots and routes to cruise. Do we want twisty, slow, back roads or straight, open highway-types?

Do we wanna meet, eat, then cruise or meet, cruise, then eat?

Ok cool. The 16th, Steak n Shake, meet cruise then eat, and twisty roads sounds good to me.

And Ryan, you dont want to spend a day in Joplin. Unless you are gambling (which is actually in OK) Joplin sucks IMO. Just like every other town in MO for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Ok cool. The 16th, Steak n Shake, meet cruise then eat, and twisty roads sounds good to me.

And Ryan, you dont want to spend a day in Joplin. Unless you are gambling (which is actually in OK) Joplin sucks IMO. Just like every other town in MO for the most part.
                              I agree 100% with H311RA151N's plan.

what i meant by a day is i dont want to drive an hour talk and eat for an hour or 2 then drive home. i want it to be worth my while. maybe eat talk about about cb's, get some beer (maybe) and hang out, swap stories, parts, etc. you know. what ever people do at meets. i just dont want it to be a quick thing. 100 miles is WAY out of the way for me and im sure it is for other people so maybe we should plan more stuff or...is it good?

EDIT: I think we should set the 16th as that could not be a more perfect date for me. i will have just got paid
                              Last edited by RyanD; 11-18-2012, 05:53 AM.
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                              X