This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
    no, they just did the alignment. they had to take my aftermarket steering wheel off and put it on straighter so i guess that costed me $40 dollars more. i wouldnt be mad about it if the car wasnt pulling to the left. its like WTF. i guess its not that bad, i paid $100 for the rack to be put on, and $100 for the alignment. $200 bucks all together aint all that bad.
    So does your car drive straight now? I'm confused.

The math does add up and they did not rip you off. $40 for steering wheel correction due to bad install (that is why they had to reclock it). $60 for alignment (which is cheaper than average). $100 for rack & pinion install, that's a deal, basically 1.5 hrs worth of labor charge. If they took longer than that, you got a deal.

Honestly, whoever installed your steering wheel is to blame for an extra $40 expense.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

How everyone been lately? What's new?

I've just been busy with random crap and working on some cars, as usual. Thanksgiving holiday break coming and a lot of family events for the rest of the year for me.

Comment

Well, we got scott's exhaust bolted up! and next week we're puttin mine on!!! If we can find the time i want to try and straighten out my front end aswell

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
          Well, we got scott's exhaust bolted up! and next week we're puttin mine on!!! If we can find the time i want to try and straighten out my front end aswell
          What exhaust system was installed on Scott's? Was it that header, cat. converter and catback exhaust package?

What exhaust setup are you installing Nate?

Comment

great news guys! my tranny finally took a shit! lol, it barely shifts now and grinds and shakes and all kinds of terrible stuff. i can drive it like a manual now but i have to let off the gas to shift. lol. its pretty bad. sooo, im definately getting my swap done now. once i get paid ill be paying some fines and getting a tranny, then the check after that will be for my motor. ill let you guys know when its all done!

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

hey guys. i made a thread with a few questions about motor mounts. check it out please and give me some answers. I'd really like to hear from you cisco since you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area. please.

Comment

hey guys. i made a thread with a few questions about motor mounts. check it out please and give me some answers. I'd really like to hear from you cisco since you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area. please.
                Why even make a thread, just PM me or post on here goofball.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Why even make a thread, just PM me or post on here goofball.
                  i wanted to get a variety of opinions from other members on the forum also. experiences, opinions, suggestions, etc. i think the esp mount kit sounds like a good idea. i just wanted to get your .02 cents also because you give good advice and have plenty of experience in this area. thank you sir.

Comment

Not to mention I have ESP motor mounts in my car, the 3 main ones. I have poly inserts on the front dogbone. Works fantastic.

They know even offer different powder coat colors, so you can get your favorite color....PINK!!

What motor you finalize on swapping in? You've changed your mind so many times, it's crazy. Also, I assume you sticking with auto tranny, what type? I definitely do NOT suggest you reinstalling your abused original F22ax auto tranny. God only knows that thing is crying mercy.

Comment

Kevin, I suggest whatever auto tranny replacement you get, to use Honda ATF in it and change it every 20-25K miles with how you drive it.

Normal people only need to change it every 30K miles.

Comment

Anyone in need of IM gasket replacement or in that area with other work, get this. It is reuseable and provides cooler intake temps. A definite win-win.

I know some of you are diving into your motors somewhat, so consider.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145320

Comment

what motor and tranny am i getting you ask? its a secret. mwahhahaha. you will see my friend. hint: non vtec dual cam- so that narrows it down, however, it might not be as obvious as you would think. the tranny will not be the f22a auto tranny, it will be auto though. and yes ill use honda ATF.

p.s. normal people drive too slow. lmao.

Comment

Anyone in need of IM gasket replacement or in that area with other work, get this. It is reuseable and provides cooler intake temps. A definite win-win.

I know some of you are diving into your motors somewhat, so consider.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145320
                            oh and im getting one of these toofor my motor. i put it on the list as soon as i saw it.

Comment

what motor and tranny am i getting you ask? its a secret. mwahhahaha. you will see my friend. hint: non vtec dual cam- so that narrows it down, however, it might not be as obvious as you would think. the tranny will not be the f22a auto tranny, it will be auto though. and yes ill use honda ATF.

p.s. normal people drive too slow. lmao.
                              H23 or JDM F22B DOHC auto I'm thinking....wonder if they have different gearing and final drive. I'm not sure on the JDM F22B A/T stats.

Comment

H23 or JDM F22B DOHC auto I'm thinking....wonder if they have different gearing and final drive. I'm not sure on the JDM F22B A/T stats.
                                not what im getting but yes they do have diff. gearing.

Comment

Working...
                                X