is this an ODOT regulation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this an ODOT regulation???

ok ohio peeps, help a bro out. i was told that it is ODOT regulation that if i have my battery in my trunk, i have to have the kill switch on the outside of the car. is any of this true?????
    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Wow, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've seen it as a reg at the track, but I don't know about the street and ODOT's site is a friggin nightmare. I say call the local highway patrol post and ask a trooper. Or go for it and don't worry, what are the chances you're actually going to have someone check? Has Chilli started inspections down there?

Comment

Ask the guy who told you to look it up on the state website.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        Wow, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've seen it as a reg at the track, but I don't know about the street and ODOT's site is a friggin nightmare. I say call the local highway patrol post and ask a trooper. Or go for it and don't worry, what are the chances you're actually going to have someone check? Has Chilli started inspections down there?
        no but he told me that if i get caught, my car will get towed. i dont want that to happen. reason me asking.
        OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

I've been looking, and I can't find anything about it on ODOT's site. If it worries you that much, call them and ask. They'll know where to aim you at least.

Comment

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/bmv.asp
            wat?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it.

If you've pissed off a cop enough that he's gonna go searching through yer car for obscure technical stuff like that, you've already got bigger problems than worrying about your car being towed.

Seriously, if a cop is looking around your car for an excuse to impound it because of something else you've done but he wasn't able to catch you doing it, or he knows you did something but he cant prove you did it, then he WILL find an excuse to impound it if he wants to. Or if he cant find an excuse, he will create an excuse.

It's as simple as finding a recently smashed headlight (by a clumsy nightstick if necessary) and he can impound your car as an unsafe vehicle.
              Last edited by Rfugitt; 06-22-2008, 10:53 PM.

Mods so far:
              2.25 inch Cat Back, Cold Air Intake / Prefilter / AEM Bypass, Engine Ground Kit, 92 Vigor Rear Sway Bar, H&R Sport Springs / Tokico Struts, BMW "Bottlecap" Wheels, Integra Front Lip, 3G Prelude Seats, SE-i Armrest / Cupholders, OEM Spoiler, Sunroof and Window Visors, 87 Accord Side Moulding, Tinted Windows / Tailights / Side-markers / Turn Signals, Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

i know for the track here you must have that, i just helped my friend do that in his 240 the other night.

Comment

I will def agree you have made your self a new friend . I did some looking around and could not really find anything other than that you might want to concider what sanctioning body you are trying to make the kit fit the most there some some that do not allow the use of cars with relcoated batterys in them so check with the scca etc so that if you go to a meet that is at
                  say national trail or at a autocross you will be able to run and not have to sit .
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

ya for street cars i dont think that it matters but I do know that in certain race classes you do. from what I understand is its incase something happens to the driver or what nots you can kill it from outside the vehicle
                    Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
                    "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
                    93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
                    02 Avalanche

Comment

Find it hard to believe, they are pulling your string I think. Hell, some Chryslers have the battery in the driver front wheel-well area stock.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                        Find it hard to believe, they are pulling your string I think. Hell, some Chryslers have the battery in the driver front wheel-well area stock.
                        cisco is correct I do not remenber witch one it is , but there are also not only the street legal car to have the batt in a screwed up place the lambo puts them in the left rear fender well you have to remove the wheel and the inner fender ro get to it .
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

tell me about it. Those are a bitch to change. But all i heard for having a battery in the trunk is that you have to have it inside of a box secured down to the trunk.

Comment

My wifes 2000 Sebring Convertable has the battery down there ... gotta take off that wheel and remove the liner to access the battery and cable ends for removal. Too much stuff mounted above it to even see it from under the hood but it does have jumper cable access points under the hood.

Mods so far:
                            2.25 inch Cat Back, Cold Air Intake / Prefilter / AEM Bypass, Engine Ground Kit, 92 Vigor Rear Sway Bar, H&R Sport Springs / Tokico Struts, BMW "Bottlecap" Wheels, Integra Front Lip, 3G Prelude Seats, SE-i Armrest / Cupholders, OEM Spoiler, Sunroof and Window Visors, 87 Accord Side Moulding, Tinted Windows / Tailights / Side-markers / Turn Signals, Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

Working...
                            X