I need some help in Central Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help in Central Ohio

I need to change out the half shafts and lower ball joints in my baby (91 LX coupe) but the friggin' spline nut on the passenger side is on so tight it snapped the knuckle off my 1/2 inch breaker bar (didn't get to try the driver's side, it might be the same). I've soaked it in wd40, pb blaster, hit it with mapp gas, everything I can think of short of taking it to a garage.

What I'm hoping is that I can use this as an opportunity to meet a couple of fellow cb7 lovers who'd be willing to lend me a hand with fixing it. I'm kinda strapped for cash right now, but I do have a 93 SE with a leather interior that I'm parting out. (Some of the parts are spoken for, pass. airbag, glove box, parking brake cable and bracket) and I'm planning on keeping the cam, ecu and front lip. I can still drive it (it's not my daily driver), and I'm not trying to get out of doing my own work, but we're having a baby on Tuesday (c-section) and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it. I was hoping to have it together for the meet at National Trails. I'll still drive it if I go, I just won't make any passes with it (not that my stock block is going to be amazing or anything, but it'd be fun!)

If anyone around Columbus has some spare time and wants to make some kind of deal, please, please, please let me know how much you would be willing to do and what it would take to get you to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

you have been pmed
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I appreciate the living shit out of it and can't believe I didn't think about doing it that way. It's funny how frustration clouds the thought process.

Comment

Working...
      X