Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-Atlantic CB7 Meet #3 (details & sign up)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
    Is this a relatively big parking lot? Because if it is we can probably get some crazy driving in the lot and then go on that highway.

And Steve, when do you think this'll be over? Driving 5 hours afterwards'll suck. lol.
    1. we're probably just gonna get some still shots in the parking lot.... i'm not trying to get kicked out of the place or anything. but maybe we can find some place better for that later on in the day.

2. well there is no real 'set' end for the meet, everyone can leave whenever they want. so it's really up to you. but usually the meets last about 4 or 5 hours before anyone starts to really get tired and head out.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
      List of things we were trying to get done before show and didn't:

* Black out chrome trim around windows

* Dual CRX Si front seats

* Pioneer speakers all around, some sort of subs

...look at that. lol

I'd really like to see what those CRX seats look like and feel like in the cb7. Hope it's all done for the meet
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

well as far as weather goes, they're calling for scattered thunderstorms every day for the next week... including saturday. i'm not sure how accurate this is yet, because it's still only thursday. BUT, scattered thunderstorms aren't too bad... and usually nothing even happens. my guess is that it'll be partly cloudy for the most of that day. if we do happen to get a little rain, there are plenty of places to go and wait until it blows over.

here's the WALDORF, MD WEATHER for those of you who want to stay updated.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
          well as far as weather goes, they're calling for scattered thunderstorms every day for the next week... including saturday. i'm not sure how accurate this is yet, because it's still only thursday. BUT, scattered thunderstorms aren't too bad... and usually nothing even happens when they call for them.

here's the WALDORF, MD WEATHER for those of you who want to stay updated.
          If it rains we'll have to find a parking garage or something?

we need a plan b for this just in case

In case of plan b, I still like the idea of meeting up on the parking lot in front of hecth's
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

well i don't know of any parking garages in the immediate area... so we'd probably just wait it out inside of the mall and grab a bite to eat or something. like i said, if it does rain, i'm sure it won't be for long... and the sun usually evaporates it all off the ground within an hour afterwards (as hot as it's been lately).

Comment

yeah that's true.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

also, if the day looks pretty clear and it seems like it's not going to rain... i was thinkin of this new plan. we could meet up at the mall (HECT's) and wait for the arrival of everyone... maybe grab some food... and THEN we get on the rt. 301 i've been talking about for some video shots of us rolling. we continue on 301 for about 10 minutes, and then we turn right onto this nice twisty road ( ) which leads us to the community college i used to attend. that's a much better spot for the picture taking and all of the parking lots will be empty this time of year.

but we'll have to see how it turns out with the weather... because if it looks like it's gonna rain at all, we'll stay close to the mall for the shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                  also, if the day looks pretty clear and it seems like it's not going to rain... i was thinkin of this new plan. we could meet up at the mall (HECT's) and wait for the arrival of everyone... maybe grab some food... and THEN we get on the rt. 301 i've been talking about for some video shots of us rolling. we continue on 301 for about 10 minutes, and then we turn right onto this nice twisty road ( ) which leads us to the community college i used to attend. that's a much better spot for the picture taking and all of the parking lots will be empty this time of year.

but we'll have to see how it turns out with the weather... because if it looks like it's gonna rain at all, we'll stay close to the mall for the shelter.
                  Sounds like a badass plan Steve!
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

Steve...you are the plan mastermind.

pwrusr, no, what I meant is that I was trying to get those things done and now have no time to do it. See, me and my grandpa were supposed to get to work on them and see what needed to be done...but then his one friend has been building a drag car for the NHRA or something and needed something done RIGHT NOW...so it's been on the back burner. Maybe tomorrow I'll rip out my drivers seat and slip my CRX seat in there and snap a pic. It'll show you how it'll fit. I already did it just to see how the demensions are. They're actually perfect. The seat is the same width, just more bolstered. It's the same height. It's only different because it's a very tad bit lower than stock. We're talking not noticible. But lemme tell you...it looks sooooo much better seeing a REAL seat in my car. I loved seeing the "hole in the headrest" action going down. But unfortunately they won't be in. But when they are in I'll get you pics. I'll try to snap a ghetto rigged one tomorrow for ya though. I love CRX seats.

+ '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

that sounds good

reason I asked to have a seat in it is my drivers seat is a tad bit too close the peddles, seat needs to come back about 2 inches and it also needs more thigh support. infact the thigh support alone would make long trips much more bareable. As the seats are now my knees will cramp up after a hour or so of driving
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

The CRX Si seats are funny. They're comfortable...but they're not. However if support is what you seek...you're set. If they aren't saggy...if they're still in good condition...you have enough side bolstering to drift the car and stay set and you also have good lower thigh bolstering because of the design. However, the lower thigh area is usually saggy because of getting in and out of the car you always lean on it. Keep in mind the CRX Si seats are made by Recaro...so they are a racing seat. They feel kinda like the new Civic Si or RSX seats...sorta kinda. However, I'm not completely sure about this...but in the EF style Civic hatch they had seats that were similar to the CRX ones...but I think they were less side bolstered and may be higher. Those may be better for you...
                        + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Thanks for the info, but I've sat in CRX seats once... very nice. I'd like to see what the prelude seats feel like (92-96 lude). from what I hear they are pretty much a direct fit.
                          if you'd like to continue the convo keep it in PM. I don't think ATX wants us to go too far
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

No PMs.... Talk about it at the meet!

The cool thing is that even if it rains and we have to hang out inside the mall away from our cars, we can still talk about cars. It would be like a live-action cb7tuner.com!

I remember sitting in the pizza place (or whatever it was) at the second MD meet. blazen_accord found us in there, and we talked for 15 minutes or so while we ate. I had more fun talking to him there than I did outside looking at his car! (his car was fun too, but I guess one-on-one is more fun at times)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              No PMs.... Talk about it at the meet!
                              hmm, forgot that I'll be meeting him in person in a few days

yeah dever it'll be awsome to finally meet the people behind the cars! I mean all I know is what the cars look like. Maybe a finger or toe here or there.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

well guys... looks like the junkyard i was talkin' about goin' to will be closed on the day of the meet (sunday).

hmmm...

not much i can do about that. but we'll still have plenty of fun... i just wouldn't worry about bringing that extra money for parts and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X