Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer is coming (mid-atlantic meet #5 planning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer is coming (mid-atlantic meet #5 planning)

Summer is coming, guys (and ladies), and so is the end of the school year for those of us still there (graduation and commissioning 15 May, holla!) I'm thinking we should kick it off right by getting a meet together.
    I'm thinking sometime late May and somewhere in NoVa, I've already got a couple locations in mind for NoVa.

Any thoughts?
    '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
    '01 330i (now the wife's)
    next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
    It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

sounds good to me.. noVA has been mentioned before.. we haven't really had a meet there ever. what were the specific locations you had in mind? as far as when the meet would be held though.. i think we should shoot for sometime in june. everyone's schedules will be a bit cluttered in may... i know mine will.

*edit: i've re-titled the thread a bit to be more specific about planning for a meet*

Comment

Number one spot I was thinking is the "new" Dulles Town Center mall....it's got a huge parking lot that's usually got a lot of open space, plus some great spots for big group photos, plus some decent roads nearby for video. I can think of one parking area that's got two high birms around it, would make for a great large group photo. It's about 20 -30 minutes west of the DC beltway. there's also a closed-down Best that has a big open lot right nearby.

Other options could be Fair Oaks mall parking lot, again, big lots with room, plus good areas for video.

Hmm....those are the two places I can think of right now. Once I get home after commissioning, though, I'll recon the area and try to find some other alternatives. Anyone else that knows the area should chime in if they have any really good ideas.

June sounds great, and You're right, it probably will be less hectic for most people.

I really want to get this together, seeing as how I missed the last one due to being in Florida.

Comment

this should be very cool if it all works out
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

those sound like some good locations... let us know which one you think is best. as long as the place is easy to find, has a parking area that will make for good picture shooting (and that we won't get kicked out of), and there are some good highways and streets nearby for video (which you said you found). also think about cheap places to eat around the area.. because its always good to have that.

once a location is set, we can start thinking about setting up an exact time/date/schedule.

Comment

what town are you looking at having it so i can see how long the drive is ...i def plan to come cause i had a blast at the lat md meet i went to

Comment

Originally posted by blkhonda1991
              what town are you looking at having it so i can see how long the drive is ...i def plan to come cause i had a blast at the lat md meet i went to
              i'm not sure yet, we're still waiting on a reply back from NOVAccord who is scouting some locations... but definitely somewhere in northern virginia probably. so technically it won't be a "MD meet".. but more of a Mid-Atlantic Meet.. its still gonna be fun either way though

Comment

Right now it's looking to be in the Ashburn/Sterling area

Comment

Originally posted by NOVAccord
                  Right now it's looking to be in the Ashburn/Sterling area
                  where specifically? i mean, what type of place would we be meeting at in that area? any ideas?

Comment

Location, Location, Location

Alright, so the best looking spot is going to be in the parking lot of Dulles Town Ceter mall. Lots of room, plus local roads and highways, and a good selection of restaurants.
                    It's located on the southeast side of the junction of VA routes 7 and 28.

For directions, Dulles Town Center on Mapquest

If the link doesn't work for You, search Mapquest for Dulles Town Center in zipcode 20166.

Now all we need is a date.....

Comment

that location looks perfect. i thought it was going to be deep in VA and feared it would be too far for the NE guys who want to come join... but thats actually ~2 hours farther north from the MD meet #4 that everyone came to

as far as WHERE at this location we're meeting - is this a mall or like a plaza of stores? we might also need a backup meeting spot... incase we get kicked out of the parking lot for any reason. have you thought about that? also, remember about picture taking.. we don't want a bunch of buildings and other people's cars in the background. also, what i thought would be cool is if we could all do something other than standing around in the parking lot the whole time.. are there any relatively cheap & fun activities to do near there (arcade, etc.)? if anything, we should plan on somewhere to eat as a group this time. when i went to the CT meet.. everyone kept leaving in small clusters of people to get food.. and it was bad for organizing the picture taking and just overall trying to meet people.

as far as a date.. probably sometime in early june after school lets out. how about saturday, june 11th or saturay, June 18th?

Comment

so whats the deal with this meet location NOVAccord? have you read my reply ^?

Comment

If it was sometime in early June instead it'd be better for those of us still in high school. lol.

But keep the thread updated...
                          + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

ok.. well i haven't heard from you in awhile since my last post NOVAccord... and i've thought of a new idea for a meet, which can be seen here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...449#post241449

maybe we can use your location next time. i just think this will be more fun.. and possibly more organized since everyone from the NE knows the area pretty well from previous meets. its close to you too.. so maybe you can come out.

Comment

Working...
                            X