This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90fourdoor View Post
    Bottom end sounds good it just the top end is noisy, also I have to get rid of the gas thats in there I think that has somthing to do with the knok sensor.
    what grade of gas are you running? anything cheap like an off brand gas(walmart or something of the sort)?

Comment

Bottom end sounds good it just the top end is noisy, also I have to get rid of the gas thats in there I think that has somthing to do with the knok sensor.

Def sounds like the knock sensor!

Here is a little info on how to bypass the knock sensor...not sure if this will help:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1181854

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        what grade of gas are you running? anything cheap like an off brand gas(walmart or something of the sort)?
        Its not cheap but its old, and I have mixed some 93 in there to try and help but no luck yet.

Def sounds like the knock sensor!

Here is a little info on how to bypass the knock sensor...not sure if this will help:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1181854
        Im going to try that just need to get by a radio shack while they are open. I had a friend that did this to his d16 but didnt know exactly what he had done.

You going to be in o-town this weekend?
        Jeff

Comment

Its not cheap but its old, and I have mixed some 93 in there to try and help but no luck yet.

Im going to try that just need to get by a radio shack while they are open. I had a friend that did this to his d16 but didnt know exactly what he had done.

You going to be in o-town this weekend?
          Nah not doing O-town this weekend....prolly wont be there til the meet weekend

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
            Nah not doing O-town this weekend....prolly wont be there til the meet weekend
            ok well im going to try the link you posted and keep you guys posted on it so if anyone needs to use the idea. and if it works then i just have to fix the damn noisy top end
            Jeff

Comment

ok well im going to try the link you posted and keep you guys posted on it so if anyone needs to use the idea. and if it works then i just have to fix the damn noisy top end
              ok so you adjusted your valves right....what weight oil are you using? You sure the timing belt has the right tension...if that is too tight that makes a noise as well....not really a valve ticking noise...but it makes a noise!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                dont try to do anything big man. if you have already started then try to finish it. but if you still got your F22a in then keep that in and bring your tale
                Actually I just got a breakthrough in the project, somebody just totalled a 'lude. So I can build a spare block and leave the existing one in. I'm gonna need to follow somebody though, so anybody from the 757 hit me up.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

ok so you adjusted your valves right....what weight oil are you using? You sure the timing belt has the right tension...if that is too tight that makes a noise as well....not really a valve ticking noise...but it makes a noise!
                  yes valves are adjusted after re doing the timing belt job last night. much better and less vibration. still loud on the top end.

running 10-30

t-belt when too tight is more of a whining noise.

picked up the part from radioshack today going to put it on tomorrow
                  Jeff

Comment

yes valves are adjusted after re doing the timing belt job last night. much better and less vibration. still loud on the top end.

running 10-30

the knock sensor bypass wont get rid of the noise either....I know you knew that though....so what you suppose it is....

maybe thicker oil will quiet it down tad bit....I used to run Castrol Oil 20-50W in my old Accord

Comment

running 10-30

Was the timing belt off before? It's only like $30 for a compression tester, and you can find out if that noise and knock are from bent valves, I don't know what else it could be, something in the valvetrain would almost have to be worn out enough to be visible with the valve cover off.
                      Bypassing the knock sensor will stop the CEL if you've got a bad sensor, but it won't fix the problem a good knock sensor would be warning you about...and the ECU retards timing to protect an engine that's knocking.
                      If things were running right, it wouldn't sound bad, you know.
                      I just don't want to hear another H23 horror story, haha.
                      Good Luck.
                      Last edited by lucid; 02-27-2009, 10:07 PM.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

im trying ot get rid of the old gas which was in the car when the motor blew last year, had just filled the tank up that day on the way to work and on the way home it blew. so was almost a full tank
                        Jeff

Comment

the knock sensor bypass wont get rid of the noise either....I know you knew that though....so what you suppose it is....

maybe thicker oil will quiet it down tad bit....I used to run Castrol Oil 20-50W in my old Accord
                          im going to do an oil change prob in the next week or 2
                          Jeff

Comment

well it looks like Ill be there but im not sure now if ill have the cb with me or not. I was going to put the car on the road next week but It might have to be put on hold for a while still, My other car.(my daily driver needs some work done) so its going in the shop this week. Ill most likey be bringing that down with me instead.
                            Dont ever buy anything from OBX. I just got my full cat back from them the other day and when I went to install it the axle back half was messed up, the muffler brackets were welded on backwards. so I called them up and got a refund for some of it. so I took the muffler to work and welded the brakets on the right way and when i got home i went to put it on the car and the muffler sits in the wrong place.
                            Sorry for the lil rant.
                            Its just me

Comment

so far so good, i changed my oil, changed the o2 sensor, also cleaned the egr, hopefully this fixes my mpg, anyways im still looking forward for the meet, as of right now im still going, unless there is a family emergency i should still make it

Comment

quick fix didnt work lol, so i finished off that tank of old stuff running new tank of 93 and still getting knock cel. gonna drive me crazy lol. also got some body work done but not on the car.
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X