X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90fourdoor View Post
    Idk bout getting a room its a sunday and going to have to work monday
    True....I might need to take off Monday...or whats your plan Jeff....just leave early and hit the highway at a decent hour?

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    dag yo. this is so freakin close. i got 2 or 3 more paychecks before then and ill have bills paid and the car right. this is gonna be hot yo.

Dam Brown...what you trying to buy now....the car is tight like it is!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Hard to say right now bc things are slow and Im lucky to get 30 hrs a week at a full time job and get paid every 2 weeks. Might be able to take a day not sure yet can afford it if taxes come in lol. Im going to have to bust my ass this weekend with the car.
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
        Dam Brown...what you trying to buy now....the car is tight like it is!
        i gotta have something to keep up. just I/H/E aint gonna do it.

Comment

i gotta have something to keep up. just I/H/E aint gonna do it.

Its the driver man.....those mods dont mean a thing if you cant drive the beast.....lol

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

Originally posted by 90fourdoor View Post
            Hard to say right now bc things are slow and Im lucky to get 30 hrs a week at a full time job and get paid every 2 weeks. Might be able to take a day not sure yet can afford it if taxes come in lol. Im going to have to bust my ass this weekend with the car.

Aight cool....hey let me know in advance what the deal is and we all can just come back at the same time then....dont want to leave nobody hanging and have to do that drive by themselves!

Comment

Its the driver man.....those mods dont mean a thing if you cant drive the beast.....lol
              lmao. oh i can drive it man. trust that. but skills aint gonna mean nothing with 150hp compared to 300. lol.

Comment

lmao. oh i can drive it man. trust that. but skills aint gonna mean nothing with 150hp compared to 300. lol.

Why Horsepower Doesn't Matter!

For the last century, horsepower has been used to describe the power output of the internal combustion engine. The horsepower unit was created by James Watt in the 18th century. Its origin is based from how much power a horse could lift in foot pounds, 33,000 ft-lbs to be exact in one minute. The unit is derived from torque, which is the true measurement of the engine physical power production.

What is strange about the units of horsepower is that it has no physical meaning. Its an arbitrary unit that has no real significance in describing the characteristic of the engine. For those that are curious to calculate horsepower:

Horsepower=(rpm/5252)*torque

From this equation you can see that horsepower is nothing more than a contrived unit that is based purely from torque and rpm. You'll notice the number 5252 in the equation, this represents the point at which every dyno graph must intersect horsepower and torque. Its a mathematical relationship, both strange and interesting since horsepower is a function of torque and rpm.

There has been much confusion and rumors across the internet about gaining more horsepower. In essence, gaining more horsepower is gaining torque. If you are after "peak" horsepower, you are interesting in carrying the torque curve as high in the rpm range without falling as possible. You can see from the equation that as the rpm's increase, and the torque remains the same you get a higher horsepower number.

What physically is happening is that the engine is able to produce enough torque to overcome frictional forces through the air, tires, etc. As you are able to keep the torque from falling off on the top end, you are able to maintain a steady torque curve that will "pull" the car through the mph you are trying to reach. So people who are after "peak" horsepower really want to extend their torque curves as far towards redline as possible, without letting the torque fall off. Check out some dyno graphs and see what I mean. Horsepower doesn’t describe the true nature of how the engine performs, its the torque curve.

From a tuners perspective, I dont tune off of the horsepower curves. The physical relevance towards the engine performance is arbitrary, since the torque is truly what is effected by the fuel, timing, breathing, etc of the engine. The horsepower is merely a concocted unit of measure, showing no true characteristics of the engine power output. A good tuner will only make changes from the torque curves, see what increase/decrease the curves show from the changes. So next time you are thinking horsepower, think "what would I want my torque curve to be"?
                Last edited by 90-JDMCB7; 02-10-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

and thats what ive been telling alot of people. well let me put all of wat was said so shadow can understand...............if you have a guy wit alot of muscles he will lose in a foot race to a guy thats slim and can run without having to power or hold all that mass
                  underground Society 757

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Soul View Post
                    and thats what ive been telling alot of people. well let me put all of wat was said so shadow can understand...............if you have a guy wit alot of muscles he will lose in a foot race to a guy thats slim and can run without having to power or hold all that mass
                    Very well put Black Soul......

Comment

thanks i just love science lol
                      underground Society 757

Comment

have any of you heard of this mod for your car
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-T...1%7C240%3A1318
                        check it out and let me know if it will give you any gains
                        underground Society 757

Comment

I have heard it dont work good at all...I think it was Hiran_CE1 on here that tried that on his Accord Wagon...and he didnt notice any more power.

Comment

Why Horsepower Doesn't Matter!

For the last century, horsepower has been used to describe the power output of the internal combustion engine. The horsepower unit was created by James Watt in the 18th century. Its origin is based from how much power a horse could lift in foot pounds, 33,000 ft-lbs to be exact in one minute. The unit is derived from torque, which is the true measurement of the engine physical power production.

What is strange about the units of horsepower is that it has no physical meaning. Its an arbitrary unit that has no real significance in describing the characteristic of the engine. For those that are curious to calculate horsepower:

Horsepower=(rpm/5252)*torque

From this equation you can see that horsepower is nothing more than a contrived unit that is based purely from torque and rpm. You'll notice the number 5252 in the equation, this represents the point at which every dyno graph must intersect horsepower and torque. Its a mathematical relationship, both strange and interesting since horsepower is a function of torque and rpm.

There has been much confusion and rumors across the internet about gaining more horsepower. In essence, gaining more horsepower is gaining torque. If you are after "peak" horsepower, you are interesting in carrying the torque curve as high in the rpm range without falling as possible. You can see from the equation that as the rpm's increase, and the torque remains the same you get a higher horsepower number.

What physically is happening is that the engine is able to produce enough torque to overcome frictional forces through the air, tires, etc. As you are able to keep the torque from falling off on the top end, you are able to maintain a steady torque curve that will "pull" the car through the mph you are trying to reach. So people who are after "peak" horsepower really want to extend their torque curves as far towards redline as possible, without letting the torque fall off. Check out some dyno graphs and see what I mean. Horsepower doesn’t describe the true nature of how the engine performs, its the torque curve.

From a tuners perspective, I dont tune off of the horsepower curves. The physical relevance towards the engine performance is arbitrary, since the torque is truly what is effected by the fuel, timing, breathing, etc of the engine. The horsepower is merely a concocted unit of measure, showing no true characteristics of the engine power output. A good tuner will only make changes from the torque curves, see what increase/decrease the curves show from the changes. So next time you are thinking horsepower, think "what would I want my torque curve to be"?

i stopped at "century".

Comment

you shouldnt even look at that rice crap. lol.

Comment

garbage!

ya dont use that. It is liking hooking a lil fan up, doesn't even have the pressure prob to make it to the intake manifold.
                                so you would feel no change.

like most ricers tho, its mental.

as far as this meet, I might be coming up on some new goodies.
                                and since it is such a deal, then this is going to have to wait for sure.
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X