X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2011 Ontario Meet Spring Meet: Gather for Japan

Official 2011 Ontario Mega Spring Meet : Gather For Japan

Updated Thursday, April 28th, 2011 --- APPROX. 10:08 PM EST

Before we even start talking about our meet, I would like to take this time to re-inform you of the tragedy that has happened and is continuing to happen in Japan. I would like to do some type of raffle to help support the cause. Please bring in some parts you don't need or just have laying around and put them in the raffle. Raffle prices will be $2 each and you may win some cool things! ALL proceeds will be going straight the Canadian Red Cross to help the relief and recovery efforts in Japan.

Raffle will only happen if twenty or more members are confirm they are coming.

***YOU YES YOU, I know there are MANY older local CB7Tuner members that have "disappeared" over the years and are lurking the forums. Some of them are still driving Accord's and other new people we don't even know! And there are many other members in the Southern Ontario (London and below), Ottawa area, Quebec, Eastern Provinces, even some in the Prairies that should come down for this meet. NEW YORK AND OTHER CLOSE STATES THAT MEANS YOU TOO! I would like each of us if we see a modded CB* Accord to try and tell them about the CB7Tuner community if possible. Lets bring them back boys. ***

The Basic Information:
    Date: Saturday, May 7th, 2011
    Time: 10:00 or 10AM Till Whenever
    Overall Theme: Gather for Japan
    Locations: (Lets go over this to confirm first)

Primary Meet Location: Grenadier Cafe & Tea House, 200 Parkside Dr, High Park, Toronto, Ontario, M6R 2Z3 (Parkside Drive & The Queensway)

Secondary Meet Location: Scarborough Town Center, 300 Borough Drive, Scarborough, Ontario (McCowan Road & 401)

* Nearest major intersection.

Pictures from a similar 2007 meet with over 40 confirmed people on the original thread!: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76207

The Details:
    (See 2007 meet picture thread for visual view of Humber Bay Park East and Scarborough Town Center, and some in between.)
    (These timings are guidelines only, timings may change due to weather and other circumstances)
    1) 10AM: Meet at High Park.
    2) 12PM: Setup BBQ and have lunch!
    3) Whenever High Park "JDM Style" photoshoot with Sakura "Cherry Blossom" trees.

4) 3:30PM: Cruise to Scarborough Town Center along the Gardiner Expressway, Don Valley Parkway, and 401.
    5) 4:00PM: Arrive at Scarborough Town Center and proceed to the Northwest intersection along Progress Avenue near Best Buy.

The Guys & Gals Attending:
    1. CB7Nub
    2. King James (Possibly)
    3. busak87
    4. Dobermann
    5. Monza
    6. SPAC3MAN
    7. honda_mike
    8. 90blackcoupe
    9. lokuputha
    10. AMAN1
    11. Pandemic (Possibly)
    12. jas_r34
    13. Charlie
    14. PLAYGIRL
    15. kosheen1
    16. FizzupTK
    17. 92CB7EX-R
    18. Sunny_TK
    19. Simon
    20. LS-VTEC
    21. 98JDMCL

The Cruise Route:

1) Humber Bay Park East - CANCELLED
    2) High Park
    3) Scarborough Town Center

The Notes:
    RVSP ASAP below if you plan to come along or not, bring your friends and their rides too! Try to keep it Accordingly done. (Means no 5 Integra's and 5 Civic's, 1 or 2 is fine only if needed. This is an ACCORD meet.) If you have any suggestions or comments please note them below.

IF YOU ARE A GOOD PHOTO/VIDEOGRAPHER OR KNOW SOME ONE WHO IS TRY TO GET THEM TO COME IF POSSIBLE.

ALSO LETS TRY TO GET A MINI BARBECUE GOING FOR HUMBER BAY, WE JUST NEED A PERMIT. THEN SOMEONE CAN BRING IN A MINI BARBECUE THEN WE COULD BRING IN RANDOM BURGERS OR SAUSAGES AND BUNS.

CRUISES ARE CRUISES, WE "CRUISE". THIS IS NOT A RACE. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY THE RIDE. DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO GO 80 KPH ON THE HIGHWAY. YOU GET THE POINT.

DO NOT ATTRACT POLICE ATTENTION AND DO NOT STUPID STUNTS THAT ENDANGER YOU AND THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU

The Final Motivation:
    What's to lose? We'll all have a great time, doing what we love to do and being with the people who do the same. Meet new acquaintances and revisit your old buddies.
    Do it for your friends, do it for the community, do it for Japan...

Listen to this song and lurk these pictures at the same time for massive ideas and epicness: * Kleenex not included.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76207
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 04-28-2011, 10:14 PM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Heres my thoughts

The raffle is a good idea but only if we have ALOT of people come out....and its been my experience that, that isnt likely to happen....10-15 people seems to be the norm

And you gotta realize that by keeping this an accord only meet you are ostracizing a large portion of the OG ontario people.....I get why you say keep it cb related, as this is a cb site....but I know of a number old school members who have moved on from the chassis (and likely the site) but would probably be down for a meet.

Either way seems like all is in order so should be a fun time for those who attend.....Im not gonna commit as Im not gonna take time off of work but if Im not working I might make an appearance....even if I do drive an x8 now

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Sounds like an awesome idea!!!

I agree with what james says though...the raffle is a wicked idea (I have some parts in mind for it) but if we dont get enough people to make it to the meet, its kinda not worth it.

Also, I say the meet is open to ANY cb7tuner!! OG members or new members...Cressida's and jag's are welcome

Josh, you've done an amazing job planning this out we just need to keep "advertising" it to other members and let everyone know about it. Im booking it off work today so I will be able to come...Im also gonna put the link in my sig so that others can see it and hopefully make it out

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Yeah James why didn't I think of that.
        Good idea! We can do only if more than 10 people commit to showing up, I'd say that's enough realistically.

For the whole chassis thing yeah one or two other chassis are fine, like one BMW, two Jag. two BB6, 1 EJ, etc. What I mean't is I wouldn't like 10 EG's showing up, not that I'd hate it.

Personally I'd get all types of import cars to come, but you guys wanted CB only kind of meet so that's what I suggested.

Thanks Chris!
        Putting the thread link in your signature will be a huge help.
        Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

You know I'm in.

Comment

I'll be there, sounds like a good time

MRT - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172713

1993 Accord Ex

Comment

Im in =)

Comment

I'm down, only if i don't have to work, all I got for the raffle is a couple of random intake pipes thats it lol, and i'll see if I can get another local CB to ride down never met her, but meh i'll give it a shot lol

New heart and soul H22A4
                Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

im in

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                  4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                  yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                  1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                  1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
                    Cressida's and jag's are welcome
                    Let's not forget Forresters.

Comment

*Forester.
                      Current:

Past:

Comment

This 1927 Ford model T single seater belongs to a buddy of mine that could possibly come down with me that day!

New heart and soul H22A4

Comment

I say bring it! Model T's are a classic, but the pink... I dunno what you other guys think.
                          You guys want it with us or no?
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

I no the pink is a WTF kind of color for that car, but thats how he got it and i think pics with cherry blossoms would look SICK!!!! lol

New heart and soul H22A4

Comment

Well in that case, it matching with cherry blossoms yeah that would be kinda sick.
                              Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                              X