Big National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big National Meet

I was talking over with shannon (girl from cb7tuners down in TX) and we're hoping to make a huge turnout for next year. this would be the national meet, where everyone as far out to come to tx for like 2 days and chill out. what do you say guys?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

sounds good to me but i think it should be a little more centralized.... although tx would bring out a lot of west coast guys....

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

only cental location i can think of is St. Louis, MO

texas would be better for me though, since dallas is already 5 hrs away

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Wow!!!! I dunno If there will be many people willing to make that drive with their 250+ miles in their cars ... I doubt this would happen here in cali we tried to do a Nor/So-cal meet for this summer and it didn't happened, and that was only a 3 or 5 hour drive imagine 24+ hour drive but if it does I'm down I have family over Texas I can stay with them .... kep us post it about this!

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33

i like the sound of st. louis thats prtty good for me and it is centralized but hey wherever it is we need more peopel though for sure
          My 93 Accord Ex
          Myspace

Comment

The problem with having a "centralized" meet, is that the majority of the U.S. population is along the east and west coast shorlines. by having a meet in the middle of the country, you are actually "decentralizing" the meet.

The best way to do it, would to have a giant east coast meet, and a giant west coast meet.

Either way though, you will never get enough people to show up.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

The only way that we could have a national meet would be through video-conferencing, even with that we might have a problem with the time difference.

Comment

Everyone go buy a webcam and lets make a meet haha. Anyway I agree. If we are going to have anything major we will have to do it in sections...There is NO way you are going to get a shit load of tuners together in one location. And if you did you would need a pretty big spot to host it in...Its easier just to get Central, East, West together...One example is the Import Alliance meet in nashville. LIke 300 or so cars and we need a venue about that big. That was more of the east coast and such. But yea...its not a good idea someone did it before and its pointless. Its easier to do it in sections so people dont have to drive as far.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33

Dont forget Kansas City, MO and KS and Wichita, KS. Less crime then STL and there are a couple active members in the KC metro area and ICT.. I can't think of too many semi-active STL members off the top of my head..

Someone, I think Phempa, figured the center of the USA a while ago in a thread similar to this on that I created. The center of the Lower 48 is just northwest of Salina, KS (central Kansas right off I-70)..

Texas is a little far south for a national meet. You gotta think about the NE and NW people.. That is one hell of a drive.. Later

Comment

We've had this discussed once before i believe....the idea was pretty much shut down, kinda like this one. Too many ppl to get in one place at one time, and coastal ppl will have to drive 100s of miles, if not even a day or 2. Gas, hotel, food...its just too much to ask out of most ppl. Not to mention theyd have to take off like 3 or 4 days from work. I think Regional is about the best we can get. MAYBE a WestSideUSA and EastSideUSA, but not Full-on National. Id like to have a huge meet with like 100 cb7's...thatd be sweet pics.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I know this is more of an extreme example, but for me(a NW person)

Seattle,WA to Dallas,TX

Total Est. Time: 31 hours, 40 minutes(non-stop)

Total Est. Distance: 2203.69 miles (that is al ot of gas)

It would be a fun drive though.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

"non-stop" could/would you do that?

Lets assume you stopped and slept, somewhere other than your car, thatd cost ya. If not a hotel, youd have to find someone to meet up with and stay at their place. Once you got to the meet, how long would you stay? IMO, if we have a National meet, it should be a weekend thing, not just one day. Plus time/money back. Thats a grand total of like 5 days. Even if planned right(around your days off), could you afford that kind of trip?

Could 75% of cb7t members afford it as well?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Im not trying to be a wet blanket, or discourage a meet, but of the 1000s of members, probably only 25%-33% of them would make the trip. Granted, thats better than no one, but if we do it, why not do it big?

Comment

I would definitely not drive that non-stop. Way to risky. I just posted that just as a reference as to some of the travel times/mileage some of us members would be looking at.

I do agree with the east/west coast meets, they would be more likely to happen than a huge meet.

You are right about the time/money that would be involved in this. I think it might strain some people, plus we would also have to take into consideration breakdowns and what not.

Like posted before, good idea but don't think it would happen.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

If we did WestSideUSA and EastSideUSA, we'd spilt it down the middle, and pick a central location on each side that way. But if we seperate the states into 1/4's, we could do a NW/SW/NE/SE thing. Unfortunatley putting us central guys on the corners of 4 diff meets. Unless we did a central/top-to-bottom meet. Canada to mexico, ohio valley to rockies...thatd be do-able...

Comment

Working...
                              X