Prelude vs 3.5 v6 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude vs 3.5 v6 accord

Driving home tonight I encountered a kid with a 2008 4 door v6 accord. We were at a stop light and I didnt even look at the driver because I didnt think a race would happen. Honestly I thought it was probably an old guy or something. Well the light turns green and he takes off really fast, I could honestly say that he floored it. So I knew that he would get held up at the next red light because I practically know how all the lights work, since I drive there everynight.

At the second red light Im in the right lane and he's in the left lane so I look over to see whose driving, and if they want to race. Well he doesnt look back and looks staight ahead. I was thinking if I should launch my car or not, I decided not to. The light turns green and he floors it and I go after him but he had a good jump. Mind you there are only a couple of blocks before he hits another red light.

At the third light im in the right lane still and he's in the left lane behind a car. So I figured he's one car behind we wont get to line it up, whatever. The light turns green and I take off normally and I see the jackass swerve onto the opposite side (oncoming traffic) side of the street to pass the car in-front of him, and he flys by me. I knew that there was one last red light that he would get caught at before I had to turn into my block and he was waiting at that light.

At the last light, I knew that I was gonna launch my car. I had 4 blocks from the light to my block where I would have to get into the left lane and make a left. Light turns green, I launch it and at the end of first Im ahead of him.His front was about where my door ends, so I would say about half a car. As I slam it into second he catches up a little, still not infront of me. Then I had to slow down to make the left.

All in all I would say that they are pretty decent. I know V6s really shine for their top-end power, but we didnt get to explore that region.

Right on! Nice collection of Hondas you have there

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Your 'lude, Is it stock?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
        Your 'lude, Is it stock?
        AEM cold air intake and light weight fidanza flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
          Right on! Nice collection of Hondas you have there
          Thanks hopefully one day I'll add a s2000 there.

Comment

I presume you was heading east on hillside ave? And most likely you were one of those lights by the cross island?

Comment

They aren't slouches. I absolutely LOVE the J series. It tugs, it revs, it sounds great, it is as smooth as ice, and they get great MPG.

Now consider that it was a 3600 lb auto trannied family car that not only runs on 87 octane, but probably gets better MPG than your Prelude.

And yes they do shine at speed, although the 3.5 probably does well in the low end too when you give it the wick. Even the J30 does well off the line if you aren't retarded when you drive it.

Most of the "crap" you hear is simply internet bench racers talking about its lakc of torque etc. It has been dyno proven more than once to make 90+% torque all the way from just off idle (1500-2000 RPM) to just about 6000 RPM or so. But they feel like they are top heavy because they never stop pulling. In fact the manual transmission ones feel like they want to pull 500-1000 RPM past the rev limit, because they have a dual stage IM that makes them breathe easier in the top end.

The 06-07 EX V6 auto and the 08+ EX V6 auto should prove to run within fractions of each other, simply because the J30 was underrated, and the new VCM J35 is not.

Just a tip too, don't mess with any new V6 6 speed coupes. They are actually rated closer to 290HP at the crank, based on what they are laying down at the wheels. I haven't been able to find one to try, but apparently they are very quick.
              Last edited by owequitit; 01-06-2008, 04:04 AM.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yea the 6 speed Coupe is Hondas new flagship
                They even have the HFP model now....
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  I presume you was heading east on hillside ave? And most likely you were one of those lights by the cross island?
                  Yep once you get off the cross island (southbound) and make a left on hillside your are bound to hit 4 red lights late at night.

Owequitit: I've raced my friend's J30 accord coupe, he has an intake and catback, hes on 91 octane. With my stick cb7 from a stop I pulled on him until about the end of second gear, at that point he would pass me and continue to pull on me. With my prelude, I beat him all the time, from a stop and roll.

I've raced this guy with a TL type s from a roll (I had my prelude), I was always down to first gear vtec range, and he still pulled on my all the time. these are his mods(copied from acurazine)
                  03 SSM TL Type S
                  -AEM CAI-UR Crank Pulley-UR Alternator Pulley (Waiting for installation)-XS Headers -Comptech Catback Exhaust-Thermoblock Spacers-ZEX Wet Nitrous Kit (Waiting for installation)-Neuspeed Lowering Springs-KYB GR2 Shocks-Comptech F&R SwayBars -Neuspeed Strut Bar -2 Piston Legend Calipers (Soon)-Rotora Slotted Rotors-Rotora Pads-3000K HID Fogs-Valentine V1 1.8

I didnt get a chance to race him from a stop, but my guess is that I would probably get a jump on him but then he would pass me and keep pulling.

Comment

i would said, it was a good run......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

yeah i'm really curious how quick the new 6spd accords are, but there havn't been any vids of it on youtube or anything yet.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                        yeah i'm really curious how quick the new 6spd accords are, but there havn't been any vids of it on youtube or anything yet.

Expect them to find the 13's with a good driver, stock, or perhaps with some higher performance rubber.

They put down about 250-255 WHP.

Comment

R U serious 13's? I wouldnt mind putting a down payment on a new Accord And its V6 and coupe

Comment

Originally posted by B20F22A1
                            R U serious 13's? I wouldnt mind putting a down payment on a new Accord And its V6 and coupe

The TL-S and the new Accord 6 speed have almost identical power output, identical gearing etc. The TL-S has an LSD, and the Accord doesn't, but there are TL-S owners running into the 13's stock.

They also respond well to bolt ons. 300WHP is probably quite achievable with a full compliment of basic bolt ons.

Comment

I've heard very good things about those 6 speed coupes.

Comment

Working...
                              X