Prelude vs SVT Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude vs SVT Lightning

So on my way home I encountered a Ford SVT Lightning pick-up. I was in my prelude and figured let me see if I could get this guy to run me. So were crusing at like 20mph and Im next to him trying to get him to punch it. So I hear the ford V8 take off and I immediatly floored it, he was pulling and I was barely able to hold some ground while in VTEC, but he was gone. So we get to a red light and Im thinking hey, are we doing this or what, I have my windows down and he has his up and its tinted. THe light turns green and he takes off regular and then floors it and once again I try to catch him but has just pulling like a mofo. I stood no chance, maybe if I launched on the green light I would have put up a better fight but I didnt wanna look like an ass launching and him not racing. I think he might have had some work done to the Lightning because I saw a couple of guages on the pillar, dont know though.

On a side note I busted up my boys Cadillac CTS from a stop and from a roll.

Yeah theres something about "390"hp that 200 cant really compete with.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

and i highly doubt it was a stock lighting.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
      ----
      02 Pontiac Firebird W68
      92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
        Sig Material

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

lightenings are mad fast and if modded can easily pull 500 horses

Comment

Is it lightning fast? Because the typical lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph -- or about 3,700 miles per second...yes pretty damn fast

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Your ludes a fat pig.... jk

But yo whats good with my run man

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                Your ludes a fat pig.... jk

But yo whats good with my run man
                Yea its a little heavier than a cb7 plus I got my box in there, but im still down for a run, whenever your ready, maybe at the next meet.

Comment

Just for the record, I never thought that I would beat him, I just wanted to see how I stack up against him.

Wheres the fun if you only run people you know that you could beat?

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                    Yea its a little heavier than a cb7 plus I got my box in there, but im still down for a run, whenever your ready, maybe at the next meet.
                    The way i see it we'll never have another NE meet

I just hang out with a few of the guys on here that arent too far. Like all the NYC crew and a couple peeps that are like a hour drive away.

Comment

damn...................

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Depends on the other half of the equation as well. Power to weight, and then at speed power to drag.

A diesel tractor has 2-3x the HP of my car and several orders of magnitude the torque, but alas, the power to weight ratio, and at speed the power to drag ratio are not in its favor.

But yes, the Lightnings are no joke.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

That and Fords "390" was usually at the wheels.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

HAHA .. YUP THATS TRUE ... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Depends on the other half of the equation as well. Power to weight, and then at speed power to drag.

A diesel tractor has 2-3x the HP of my car and several orders of magnitude the torque, but alas, the power to weight ratio, and at speed the power to drag ratio are not in its favor.

But yes, the Lightnings are no joke.
                              Lightnings have a realitively small CD at .45. Considering that Ludes and CB's are both in the .30's somewhere, that's not that much of an advantage really.

14.5 hp/lb on the ludes..... and that's if you count crank power, not wheel

12.7 hp/lb on an avg 01 or newer Lightning.... and that is at the wheels.

So yeah, basically don't fuck with Lightnings unless your power to weight is 12.7 or better, lol.

The other thing people forget to factor in is the Tq. I've recorded 1.07g's on launch in my truck, and that's flasing the converter off idle. Something about 500 lb ft of torque at 2500 rpms.........

- Rob -
                              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                              85 Toyota 4Runner
                              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                              2008 HD 1200N
                              2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                              X