Solo II or Road Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo II or Road Racing?

Just curious if anyone has done any road racing or SCCA Solo II racing with their CB7? I know they would not be the best car for Solo II, but I think they could do pretty well or at least be fun for some road racing, especially with the right suspension setup and an H22.

I ask because I have thought about building mine for something more along those line (while still being a good daily driver). The closest road race track is MAM just outside Omaha, NE. They do a number of track days that some of my other car buddies have been attending. And the way I want to build my car will lend itself better to road racing than 1/4. Besides, the road racing would provide a nice opportunity to wind a H22 out (when the swap gets done).

Anyway, just looking for some input. Especially since I want to get the most out of the Neuspeed race springs, Neuspeed/Koni SP3's, and ST front and rear sway bars that I am planning on. That and the custom Wilwood front brake setup and some good wheels and tires and I should have a nice road car and I would like to use it some for that.

Input?????
    Eric91Z
    eric91z@globalccs.net
    '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

With the right tuning a CB7 can handle pretty well. I added some H&R Sport springs and some KYB AGX shocks, and there was a remarkable difference (especially with the stiffest setting on the AGXs...) The only other things I have are some upgraded brakes and a cheap front strut bar (rear is still uninstalled). I would imagine some more upgrades would really make it a beast! Like anti-sway bars, better strut bars, weight reduction, and possibly some downforce producing aero parts (for road racing anyway.)

I know there are a few autocrossers on here, and at least one strictly road race car. I haven't done either yet myself, but I would love to get into it!

Comment

PMed ya...
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
      X