My car vs. Audi A4 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car vs. Audi A4 2.8

Well, Wed. nite I was on my way to Richmond, and as usual I took Hwy.91..I was coming off Alex Fraser bridge when this guy in an older Audi A4 (Bone stock, 1st gen I believe?) came up beside me, gave me the look and just punched it (I'm thinking he hated my tow hook and thought I'm a ricer, which I am )

When he started going, I was going about 90km/h in 3rd gear..I didn't feel like dropping to 2nd gear, so I just put the pedal to the floor and see how it goes...Mind you, I am running my stock F tranny, and the gears are just TOO long!!! At 90km/h I was at around 3500RPM, and it took me a while to reach 4800..As I was climbing up, I saw the Audi was starting to leave me behind...He was about a car length away from me when I hit VTEC, and after that, all hell broke loose

By the time I redline my 3rd (7400ish RPM), I was going 170km/h, and the A4 was now a car length behind me...He was still trying though, and I wasn't about to give up...And plus we were on a part of the highway where it's just long, straight and flat So I shifted up, and started going again...In 4th gear, at 180km/h, I was JUST hitting VTEC at 5000RPM By the time I hit 6500RPM, my speedo was buried past 220km/h, and the Audi was ummm....gone So that was it for me, I eased off and went back down to the speed limit..Few seconds later the guy with the A4 drove by and gave me the finger LOL what an ass!!! I just laughed at him

Moral of the story? The F tranny is not much fun at all when it comes to accelerating Granted, you can't beat the top speed haha but dropping out of VTEC is not fun, and to be honest, with these gear ratios, below 3000RPM, the H just doesn't pull as strong as the old F..Right not I find myself never using the 5th gear anymore on the highway, because at 90-100km/h, 5th is @ 2400RPM, and the engine just won't pull when I need it...And you guys saw how fast I can go in 3rd and 4th gear, to use the 5th I'd literally need a runway! And especially on 3rd and 4th gear pull, unless I redline the previous gear, I'd have to wait FOREVER to hit VTEC haha it's really not fun

But nevertheless, I was a happy man that night hehe I get to beat an old A4 and test out my 3rd and 4th gear pull at the same time Scary, but fun Anyone wanna donate me an M2B4 or T2W4 transmission?

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Yo, bro. You do not have a speed limit over there?

Comment

Speed limit? What's that? Us Indo ppl look at the road condition, not speed limits!!!

But yeah, speed limit is 90km/h that highway is okay though, it's in between farm lands, there's nothing there, and if there is, you'd see it, 'coz it's just straight and flat

Comment

I'll donate you that tranny if you donate me your car...lol...j/k man, but seriously good kill

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Hebat sungguh mesin engkau Ronald!

I need manual trans, my auto is, erm, slow, judging by the rate i chase the Caldinas here.

ps: im munching on a bowl of bakso. want some? :P

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Good kill ronald or as you stated ricer..
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

try to chase the latest RS4 bro

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                So that was it for me, I eased off and went back down to the speed limit..Few seconds later the guy with the A4 drove by and gave me the finger LOL what an ass!!! I just laughed at him
                When i was reading the beginning of the part where he drove by you, I thought he was going to give you a lol. What an idiot he was.

Nice Audi kill. Makes you realize how well transmissions are matched to motors though right?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Haha yea, the guy wasn't a good sport at all And yeah, definitely need a shorter tranny though...But I guess everything has pros and cons..WIth this tranny, cruising on the highways is just fun..5th gear, 3000rpm, I'm going about 120km/h, 4000rpm, I'm only at 160 km/h, so it's really fun...My friend has a 4th gen coupe with H22 mated with H23 tranny, and his 5th gear is REALLY short compared to mine...120km/h he's already close to 4000rpm, so cruising on the highway isn't exactly pleasant...Gotta sacrifice comfort for performance tho eh? hehe..

Ronald

Comment

nice!!!!!!!!!!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

rofl omg.. ronald.. thats fucking halarious!! that was my friend.. he phoned me after that telling me how a accord like mine owned him lol.. i thought he was talking about ekoo and shit.. but now i kno its you!! ahahaha .. buddy justs likes to speed.. and give shots to ne thing with a exhaust lol..

nice win bro!

1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                      2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                      3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

kau bisa buat perhitungan sama pak fandi......
                        but it nice kill story...i`m using same setup like u.F tranny!hehehe
                        Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Nice kill
                          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Working...
                          X