CB vs '06 Corolla XR5!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB vs '06 Corolla XR5!!!

wow, my friend drop by my job all excited telling me, "you won't blv what i'm driving today!!!". i was expecting some sick ass car.... but end up walking to a Corolla...

he's sitting there telling me how it's fast and all that and i'm STILL sitting there lol

so i say, hell, take me for a ride to see how it really is :eybrow:

i was AMAZED!!! that things VVT-I kicks in just as fucking hard as VTEC at 7k rpms and pulls to freaking 9k!!!

so he brings me back to my car and we decide to ride out.... but apparently, he went the same direction i was going to, lol

we decide to make a fun pull from the light (yes my auto 4dr CB against an '06 2dr SIX SPEED corolla, )

surprisingly we were neck to neck dead even on 1st, 2nd was about the same till VVT-I kicked in and he pulled a lil on me (my front bumper was by his door) but boy let me tell you, once he hit third( i was still a lil over halfway on 2nd ) and VVT-I kicked he damn sure did pull like 2 cars on me and still pulling hard!!! lmao

not a happy race story for my CB but had to share this one, lol

ps. still not happy about it!!! lol

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
    (yes my auto 4dr CB against an '06 2dr SIX SPEED corolla, )
    XRS corolla is a sweet car, sucks that they discontinued it. but i think you miscounted the # of doors, iirc there hasnt been a 2 dr since the 80s...and vvti kicks in at 6k
    FA1

Comment

whoops, it probably was,

but i could've sworn i felt it kick in at 7k....

My Ride thread
      Flickr
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Yeah the XRS are cool cars. They have good HP but still lacks torque. The close opponent of it would be the Integra GSR. I like everything on it except that their engine bay does not have enough space to scoot on , like changing if light bulbs is such a pain.. maybe it's just I have fat hands lol..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

...my boy has one. I rode in it. QUICK ASS FUCK WITH THREE PEOPLE IN TEH CAR. ask cali racer and 90exaccord.
          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

they sure are, i was happy i was kept up with it as much as i did

they sure still do lack some torque, but nothing a short ass geared 6-speed tranny can't take care of huh, lol

My Ride thread
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
              ...my boy has one. I rode in it. QUICK ASS FUCK WITH THREE PEOPLE IN TEH CAR. ask cali racer and 90exaccord.
              lol i remember that nite, FuncOvrForm said we was gonna ride in his xrs and when he showed me it i said "thats a cute car" its lowered with a exhaust, i remember thinking "what the hell is this guy thinking with this car". after i rode in it, lets just say i found a new respect for the xrs's only! i was completely shocked and amazed!
              Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
              -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer
                lol i remember that nite, FuncOvrForm said we was gonna ride in his xrs and when he showed me it i said "thats a cute car" its lowered with a exhaust, i remember thinking "what the hell is this guy thinking with this car". after i rode in it, lets just say i found a new respect for the xrs's only! i was completely shocked and amazed!

same here man

My Ride thread
                Flickr

Comment

Its not VVT-i but VVTL-i, difference is lift. The XRS got discontinued because well not a lot of marketing went on with them, it wasn't well known. The two door variant of the Corolla XRS would be the Celica GT-S if you see it that way. The 2zz-ge engine also went into the Matrix XRS as well as the Lotus Elise (specially tuned). They are quick cars and the engine was built and designed to compete against the DOHC VTEC engines (B18c).

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                    Yeah the XRS are cool cars. They have good HP but still lacks torque. The close opponent of it would be the Integra GSR. I like everything on it except that their engine bay does not have enough space to scoot on , like changing if light bulbs is such a pain.. maybe it's just I have fat hands lol..
                    Engine bay spacing was pretty decent when compared to other cars I've worked on. The driver side headlamp was a bish to get at but thats because of the battery placement the passenger side was nearly empty.

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                    whoops, it probably was,

but i could've sworn i felt it kick in at 7k....
                    Lift engagement at 6200 all the way to 8200 redline.

Comment

wait your h22 swapped accord couldnt take a vvti corolla? thats sad. i know if my cusin raced mike (01 celica gts 6spd vvtl-i vs 92 accord coupe 5spd h22a) they would be neck to neck. if my cusin cant take a 5.0 mustang an mike can, than there is a problem with your h22 if you have one. cant really tell from the sig.

EDIT: My bad, didnt know you had a f22b dohc instead of h22. well that explains all. time to go h22 and leave him behind.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

dam..sound nice......
                        but hard to find????????

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                          dam..sound nice......
                          but hard to find????????
                          If your talking about the amount of Corolla XRS built its around 6.8k.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                            If your talking about the amount of Corolla XRS built its around 6.8k.
                            maybe it would be harder to find when it get older???

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                              maybe it would be harder to find when it get older???
                              Possibly, not a lot of people are aware of the Corolla XRS so its potential are unknown to the mass. If it is something like the Integra Type R where its value are kept better than its counterparts RS/GS/LS/SE and many tuners know of it it might make it harder to find or cost more later one.

Comment

Working...
                              X