The Monte Carlo In Front of Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Monte Carlo In Front of Me

Haven't seen the sun in a week and the rain soaked streets haven't been too accommodating. So, I've been taking it easy driving from office to office.

Yesterday was just another day spent wiggling through the "waterways" to get to work. I was coming up to the Harwin light, headin' south on Fondren, when from behind me busting up the puddles on my right, a Monte Carlo SS squealed its way to a stop in the lane next to me.

Great!! Why does it always have to be the bigger guys?! I can tell he's overly anxious, due to the fact he keeps inching his way up and into MY LANE even. He's up to something. Little John or one of his homies is blaring and shaking things up from the MC. I turn down S.O.D. just so I can hear the F22 for what's coming up. What the hell, let's see how long before I lose sight of him.

Green! He peels out and jumps right in front of me into my lane from the get go and I bring it as best as the I4 can. We're pushing south down Fondren hard. He's definitely trying to leave me, but I'm keeping him close. It's feeling good, but only in my head. Hands and fingers are tingling with the adrenaline rush and a slight numbness is creeping into them. We're barreling down the 35mph street at 80.

He's taking every open spot up ahead, keeping me looking at his SS badge and plate. He makes a bad decision by moving to the far right lane, just as a car switches lanes in the one he just left. I take it and gain the upperhand for once. I wasted no time and dropped her into 3rd and pulled up. Now I'm in front and he's playing catch up for the next 1/2 mile.

There's a quick reprieve at the next light. My nerves and blood are given only a minute to calm and flow back into the right places. Lights turn green and I launch the CB7 hitting 60 in 2nd! The Monte finds my rear and is still playing chase until what came up ahead. Brakes were applied, gears were shifting down fast because the boys in blue were just 50 yards up ahead and looking in his rear view. The SS passed me up to my left and saw smokey just in time.

We pull up to the light: he in the far left & me in the far right. I give him a little honk and smile; he gives back a smile and the old "hang ten" sign and we go our separate ways.

As I'm pulling away, headin' down the frontage road of 59 south I hear someone layin' on the horn. Maybe it's for us and maybe not but I sure do wish this rain would stop. My grass is getting too tall.
    Last edited by Dr.Occa; 06-27-2004, 10:11 PM.

Good kill . He probably wasted a ton of gas tryin to catch up lol. becareful though i hate that shit the people up ahead see you and they figure okay imma get into his lane i need some money.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      Good kill . He probably wasted a ton of gas tryin to catch up lol. becareful though i hate that shit the people up ahead see you and they figure okay imma get into his lane i need some money.
      Right! Right! Yea H town gettin soaked from what I hear up here. Good Kill by the way, and watch out for dem rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley
        Right! Right! Yea H town gettin soaked from what I hear up here. Good Kill by the way, and watch out for dem rollers.
        No, I hear ya. This guy was looking for an easy bag yesterday. I just had to try and disappoint him and by golly, gee willickers I did.

I thought it was letting up by the way the weather reports were yesterday. Looks like they had to disappoint too.

Comment

good kill
          R.I.PNOW

Comment

Working...
          X