fastest street accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fastest street accord

Ive been told that a stripped CB7 with a built H23 stick can not break 12's with drags all motor. True or False

false, but it would take alot of $$$$ to do it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
      false, but it would take alot of $$$$ to do it
      Agreed...
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

seriously? it wouldnt be worth it

Comment

what the weight of a DX stripped out ?

Comment

id say around 2550-2600 mabye now if you got an h22 you would have a better chance

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

^lol seriously
              say a H22 with a LSD tranny and stripped accord ; thats what ? what a Fully Loaded EK would run ?

Comment

the lightest you can have is 1800ish pounds at the track. the accord stripped is 1000 over that. A CF hood Trunk and Fenders would knock about 500 off i suppose

Comment

Are you asking a question, or making a point?
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                    the lightest you can have is 1800ish pounds at the track. the accord stripped is 1000 over that. A CF hood Trunk and Fenders would knock about 500 off i suppose

I think you're thinking WAY TOO OPTIMISTIC for a hood, trunk and fenders to weigh 500lbs lmao...
                    I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

By Bisi's calculations, a 2600lb CB7 with the motor that is currently in his drag Insight would be capable of about 11.3. Of course, that's a full race motor, built and operated by someone who understands every aspect of it.

Kentucky_accord managed to get his car down to some rediculous weight... like 1800lbs or something. Granted, the car was totally unsafe to drive. I believe 2point6 weighs in at about 2500lbs. Check out the weight reduction sticky to get an idea of what some of the removable parts weigh. It's not a complete list yet (I should add it to the wiki for easier modification) but it's a start!

According to a crude 1/4 mile calculator, a 2500lb car with 250whp would run about 12.5. Depending on various conditions (altitude, atmosphere, tires, traction, gearing, and most importantly, the driver) it could be within a second of that. 250whp with a fully built H23 is most certainly doable. 2500lbs with a CB7 is also fairly easy to achieve. Pull your AC, Power steering, Cruise control, all seats but the driver's seat (a lighter driver's seat would be good too... those seats are heavy!), and ditch anything in your trunk and you're going to be damn close.

And yeah... CF hood saves about 20lbs. CF fenders are nearly impossible to find, and most of the ones out there are steel with a CF overlay. 5lbs tops. Fenders aren't heavy. The CF trunk isn't much lighter than the stock one either. It'll help, but start by removing EVERYTHING you can deal without first. That's free (it can make you a profit if you sell it!)

Comment

Really if your want to go fast all motor cheap forget about the cb7. Do what my friend did and strip down a crx, put a h22 in it with good drag radials and you have 12's...he did this cheap and its extremely effective

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7

lol,, a hood and trunk with fenders at most weigh oem factory,65 lbs all together. you ever puicked up a 35 lb dumbell well that weighs way more than a bulky hood and or trunk,, and you ever taken your fenders off? they only weigh like 3 lbs if that... lol with all those replaced with c/f you probly save at most 38 lbs,, how do i know i work for a living at a body shop i see them come and go..
                          also think about factory sway bars vs bigger,, you don't need cornering on a drag strip.. look at the weight reduction diy,,, seriously... and an h22 with a good cam and exhaust will help alot.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

cf hood trunk and fenders WILL NOT knock off 500 lol.

itll help, but not that much
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

By Bisi's calculations, a 2600lb CB7 with the motor that is currently in his drag Insight would be capable of about 11.3. Of course, that's a full race motor, built and operated by someone who understands every aspect of it.

Kentucky_accord managed to get his car down to some rediculous weight... like 1800lbs or something. Granted, the car was totally unsafe to drive. I believe 2point6 weighs in at about 2500lbs. Check out the weight reduction sticky to get an idea of what some of the removable parts weigh. It's not a complete list yet (I should add it to the wiki for easier modification) but it's a start!

According to a crude 1/4 mile calculator, a 2500lb car with 250whp would run about 12.5. Depending on various conditions (altitude, atmosphere, tires, traction, gearing, and most importantly, the driver) it could be within a second of that. 250whp with a fully built H23 is most certainly doable. 2500lbs with a CB7 is also fairly easy to achieve. Pull your AC, Power steering, Cruise control, all seats but the driver's seat (a lighter driver's seat would be good too... those seats are heavy!), and ditch anything in your trunk and you're going to be damn close.

And yeah... CF hood saves about 20lbs. CF fenders are nearly impossible to find, and most of the ones out there are steel with a CF overlay. 5lbs tops. Fenders aren't heavy. The CF trunk isn't much lighter than the stock one either. It'll help, but start by removing EVERYTHING you can deal without first. That's free (it can make you a profit if you sell it!)
                              You're right in this one. Throw everything away or sell it!

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                              My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Working...
                              X