Raced a Friend Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced a Friend Civic Si

My friend wanted me to race him tonight so we did..it was a pretty good race and he nearly had me..
    1995 Civic Si Jdm d16z6 vtec motor he just got the swapped last week also along with that he got i/h/e and a high flow cat.
    My car is a 1997 acura integra ls with just intake and no vtec...

Nice run buddy...yeah LS got the torque...i mean horsepower great but torque thats the main ingredient in winning a race.
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I raced a hatch with same swap and ls like your with my f22 a month ago and beat them both pretty bad. I must say the b18's are harder to pull on though.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
        Nice run buddy...yeah LS got the torque...i mean horsepower great but torque thats the main ingredient in winning a race.
        Blasphemy.

the CONCEPT of torque is what wins races (afterall, horsepower is torque), but the peak torque number a car makes does not mean anything, its where it uses its torque, and how effectively it multiplies what it has.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

a-mutherfucking-men!

well said eric.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Jun_ii
            My friend wanted me to race him tonight so we did..it was a pretty good race and he nearly had me..
            1995 Civic Si Jdm d16z6 vtec motor he just got the swapped last week also along with that he got i/h/e and a high flow cat.
            My car is a 1997 acura integra ls with just intake and no vtec...
            Cool.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

did you mention who won?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

good race

Comment

wait... a Civic SI with a d16z6, i dont know much about civics, is that right?

arent the d16 the "economy" engine, and why is it in an SI.

please tell me im wrong.
                  www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Engines
                    All CX, DX, Value Package, and LX models used the D16Y7. The HX had the D16Y5 and the EX had the D16Y8. The Si used the B16A2. This model could go very fast, but speed decreased as the models were updated.

got it from wiki

unless the z6 is something i never heard of, y would he put a d instead of a b?
                    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

The EG in the US never got a B16A. That was overseas it still got the D series motor. I highlighted that because there is no such thing as a "JDM d16z6.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        The EG in the US never got a B16A. That was overseas it still got the D series motor. I highlighted that because there is no such thing as a "JDM d16z6.

x2 the d16's were the Vtec motors on the 92-95 civic and continue on from the 96-00 there is the d15 for the 92-95 dx,lx motors. since USDM did not get the B16 transplant the si hatches here are either VX CX or SI. VX and CX are the D15 motors which is the economy engine while the SI had the 1.6 SOHC Vtec motor the newer D16 series is the D16y8 from 99-00 civics. ALSO transmission there were LSD factory installed for EDM and Aussies.
                        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                          Engines
                          All CX, DX, Value Package, and LX models used the D16Y7. The HX had the D16Y5 and the EX had the D16Y8. The Si used the B16A2. This model could go very fast, but speed decreased as the models were updated.

got it from wiki

unless the z6 is something i never heard of, y would he put a d instead of a b?

the B series started comming to the US in the FORM OF THE DEL SOL first Honda in the USDM market to get a DOHC Vtec motor excluding the Integras from 94 and up started getting the DOHC as well. as stated above on your findings the y8 and y7 are from later model CIVICS 96-00 D16z6 is from the earlier civic 92-95 and the CRX had a D16 but it was non vtec. I can go on and on but
                          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                          X