F22A1 vs D16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 vs D16

So i finished 2 and 1/2 weeks ago replacing my Main Relay on my Cb. Test drove it and GAH it felt good to drive it again...cuz its been about 2 months not driving it, and that's a long ass time too. So i holla at my cuz who has a green Ej, D16 with i/h/e. Asked him 'lets go cruisin'
    ...This is my cousin's ride..who i admit, has pretty good taste
    ..and of course my ride..who really needs myself a paint job soon.

All i have is my SRI lol, found a good spot to drag (with double yellow lines). I got on the wrong side of the road and we lined up. He honked 3 times, both our wheels are spinnin', finally a grip and i jumped half a car in front of him when i shifted to 2nd. As we kept goin' in 2nd gear i shifted to 3rd and then i swear i hear his blowoff when he shifted to 3rd..and i was like WTF!? But still i kept goin WOT in 3rd. Now his nose is to my rear and up ahead about 200 ft. was another street along with a stop sign. I let off the gas, braked and got behind my cuz and was like OMG! Did i just whoop a civic with i/h/e?? In my mind, i was celebrating hahaha yay and fock yea! haha. But shit lol i knew he felt pissed or whatever. Haha i didn't want to rub it in his face hahaha...this is one reason why i dont wanna tune up my NEW EJ just like my cousinss'. Tahaha if I were to soup it up..i'd just do motor swap first. Both of us were manual btw, but lol im still "siked" (however you spell that word). But after the race, we got to a lot and i asked him if he boosted his Ej or something. No. He said it was just his clutch. He skerrd me for a sec haha
    Last edited by Djmoua; 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

OMGZ a d16 with I/H/E is so FAST how didz you beats it!

Good kill though

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

why are people so proud to beat civics?

do you know the specs of a d16?

w.e good race anyway

Comment

Depending on the model it's in, a D series Civic can make for an interesting race. As my car sat at the time, it was tough keeping up with my friends Si hatch when he had it.

Comment

ii mean i know it can be a good race but..idk why everyone thinks beating a civic is like the greatest..not really aiming at the O.P..just in general

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Depending on the model it's in, a D series Civic can make for an interesting race. As my car sat at the time, it was tough keeping up with my friends Si hatch when he had it.
            don't SI come with B16. making his power out put about the same as yours.

Comment

not the EG SIs,

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
                don't SI come with B16. making his power out put about the same as yours.
                The 99-00 Si had a B16. The 92-95 Si had a D16z6.

The D16z6 was 125/106, but at 2500 lbs and a tranny geared for acceleration. At the time he had I/H/E.

At the time I just had my stock F22a1 with 125/137 and I was at ~2900 lbs. I didn't have H/E at the time. I did have trouble keeping up back then.

The 99-00 Si was actually not THAT much faster than the EG Si...I wanna say maybe a 10th or two to 60 and then about that in the quarter. The extra weight was the downfall.

Comment

I know D16a1 (like in 86-89 Integras) have no balls, I haven't raced my dad's car but I know stock to stock it would be no contest and further between in a race.

Is it me, or would it seem that a good healthy F22 5spd should beat it by more than this race?
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The SI in the US didnt get a B16 until 99-00 like people mentioned. Overseas in Japan was a different story.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      The SI in the US didnt get a B16 until 99-00 like people mentioned. Overseas in Japan was a different story.
                      Yeah those lucky bastards got the b16 in 88 EF's..

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by erok515
                        Yeah those lucky bastards got the b16 in 88 EF's..
                        HAHA...
                        its ok, like you guys say it has in the newer version...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                          why are people so proud to beat civics?

do you know the specs of a d16?

w.e good race anyway

well ya he is my cuz...and just about the I/H/E were about it...everything else was stock. And haha this was my first race against a civic. I'd always think all civics are fast. But This race made me think otherwise.

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Good race buddy the civic looks hot and clean...
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                              well ya he is my cuz...and just about the I/H/E were about it...everything else was stock. And haha this was my first race against a civic. I'd always think all civics are fast. But This race made me think otherwise.
                              Most civics are slow.

But the fast ones are usually really fast

Comment

Working...
                              X