This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I can't say I DIDN'T consider an SRT-4

Still, I've always had the "Accord" mentality. Sure, Civics are lighter. They have a better aftermarket. They are more efficient, cheaper, and possibly more popular... especially with younger people. Still, I've always felt that the Accord is just... better. It's a nicer car. It's more luxurious. It's heavier, so it rides like a bigger car.

Along those same lines, I'd rather have a Legacy than an Impreza. I'd rather have an Accord than a Civic. Galant over a Lancer.

IMO, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the company, Mazda did it right. The Miata is a little turd of a car, but it's a little roadster... it is what it is, and it does what it is supposed to do. The Protege/3 is the economy car (and while they made their performance counterparts, they didn't make flagships of them). The RX* has always been the RWD rotary sportscar, totally different than the Miata, and catering to a different crowd. The 6 is a good mid-level car, and they have a mazdaspeed version of that as well (not a converted little shitty, but a souped up version of the "better" car.) The only part where I feel Mazda slipped is the high-end. The 929 was boring. The Millenia was even more boring. But as far as making their performance "little shitty", they didn't make it out to be their crowning achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      the ITR is "just and Integra"

It just happens to do Nurburgring in 8:45 :-)
      That's the same mentality as h22sparkle though... Just because it's fast doesn't mean it's a better car... it just means it's faster. It's closed minded to say a car is better based on limited criteria.

And yeah, it's an elitist statement... and honestly, I'm not 100% of that train of thought either. I'm just defending that standpoint for the sake of the argument

It just bothers me that people consider souped up turds to be "good" cars because they're fast. Agreed, they're not all made equal (like my Metro example... doesn't compare to the STi in any way). But still, when someone says "My STi is better than your Cadillac because it runs a 12.7" is just stupid... the owner of the Caddy doesn't give a damn about how fast his car is, most likely!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        That's the same mentality as h22sparkle though... Just because it's fast doesn't mean it's a better car... it just means it's faster. It's closed minded to say a car is better based on limited criteria.
        You did not just compare me to sparkle...

AND THE ITR IS NOT A SUPPED UP TERD. YOU'RE A SUPPED UP TERD!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          It just bothers me that people consider souped up turds to be "good" cars because they're fast. Agreed, they're not all made equal (like my Metro example... doesn't compare to the STi in any way). But still, when someone says "My STi is better than your Cadillac because it runs a 12.7" is just stupid... the owner of the Caddy doesn't give a damn about how fast his car is, most likely!
          Here we go again.

Good is a relative term. If you only have the mindset of you want a high performance car, obviously the one that puts up the best speed/handling/braking numbers would be a good car.

If you're only concerned about the aesthetics of a car, you don't care what it does performance wise, only how it looks.

If you're into luxury cars...does the fact it can do 0-60 in anything matter? Have you seen all the rich people with Bentleys? They consider them "good" cars when there's so many cars that would do better from a performance standpoint and arguably look better.

Someone who wants a track car is going to look at power to weight and suspension handling to determine a "good" car. That's where cars like the ITR, Lotus Elise/Exige and Miata are big. But yet someone who cares more about daily comfort and daily driveability wouldn't want a car like that.

Obviously most car guys have egos. The way to be the best in most eyes is to be the fastest, so obviously that's what people will care about the most. Now, if you were trying to reach that small goal, wouldn't you want the car with the least weight and the ability to hold the most power?

Let me ask you this Mike...if Honda released the 99-00 Si in turbo form and it made 270 hp, came with a Recaro interior, D2 suspension and cost 26K in today's dollar...you wouldn't be the least bit interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
            OMG SOMEONE I CAN ACTUALLY AGREE WITH!!! <3

I still think 75 percent of stock turbocharged cars are absolute junk though

The only non-turbo car I would consider to turbo, would be a BMW.

lol funny thing too, they're comin' out with twinturbos for the new BMW3 series. 300hp stock from what i saw from their commercial haha

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              Here we go again.

Good is a relative term. If you only have the mindset of you want a high performance car, obviously the one that puts up the best speed/handling/braking numbers would be a good car.

If you're only concerned about the aesthetics of a car, you don't care what it does performance wise, only how it looks.

If you're into luxury cars...does the fact it can do 0-60 in anything matter? Have you seen all the rich people with Bentleys? They consider them "good" cars when there's so many cars that would do better from a performance standpoint and arguably look better.

Someone who wants a track car is going to look at power to weight and suspension handling to determine a "good" car. That's where cars like the ITR, Lotus Elise/Exige and Miata are big. But yet someone who cares more about daily comfort and daily driveability wouldn't want a car like that.

Obviously most car guys have egos. The way to be the best in most eyes is to be the fastest, so obviously that's what people will care about the most. Now, if you were trying to reach that small goal, wouldn't you want the car with the least weight and the ability to hold the most power?

Let me ask you this Mike...if Honda released the 99-00 Si in turbo form and it made 270 hp, came with a Recaro interior, D2 suspension and cost 26K in today's dollar...you wouldn't be the least bit interested?

I would be interested, sure... but I'd be more interested if it were an Accord

Comment

w.e sparkle has..is the best...you cant sway him

he was bashing srt 4's and evo's jus last month..then realized his accord wasnt the shit...and shipped it off with its problems to gloryaccordy..who thankfully is a good owner and is doing it right...srt 4 is veeerrry overrated..sure its turbo...pretty fast..not impressed with its suspension at all.aftermarket parts are really expensive..interior is cheap...its a quick car..but overall its jus bleh

Comment

It's a crappy car with an updated appearance and a nice motor (which came from a Mexican market Stratus, BTW)

It IS fast. It has LOTS of potential to be faster... but in 5 years, there won't be a single one worth $5000. Half of them will be scrap. They are made for people who want to go fast, and don't want to pay for that ability in a quality car. The SRT-4 is the closest thing to my hypothetical Turbo Metro

Comment

Festiva with a B6T FTMFW!
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ive driven a modded SRT4 more times than i can remember. ive also had a boosted cb7 as a daily driver. ive beaten on both more time than i can remember... hate to say it, but id take the SRT over my cb any day

im not going to sit here and gloat about the SRT, its not the best car ever and i think it does have a little too much of a cult following, but all in all, i dont think this forum gives it enough credit, simply because its not an accord....

my best friend/ second set of hands under the hood owns an 04 SRT, ive worked on it quite a few times... when you look at the cars objectively, theyre faster than necessary right out of the box. with a wastegate and a boost controller, you can safely and reliably make them fast as hell... aftermarket support is only costly if you go directly through mopar... think about it... the dodge guys have plenty of forums for aftermarket support just like this one... and lord knows we dont all buy brand new factory name performance parts at full face value... all and all, i think about 1500-2000 bucks in mods have been put into this one, nothing crazy special, and it dyno'ed at about 350 hp with some nasty boost leaks... im sure you could make one far faster for less by picking up a wet-shot and upping the boost... i guess what im trying to say, is cost wise, its about the same expense as the guys making over 300whp with a turbo set up in a cb have had to incur.

i personally think the handling/suspension is great... ive driven one before and after the Neuspeed treatment... in my experience, everything (minus the charge pipes) is very easy to work on... i still think my cb's engine bay was alot easier to work on. and the interior is pretty much the same as any dodge... theyre all carbon copies of each other anyhow ...ive grown to stop expecting anything else from domestic companies...

all in all, i think theyre very smart investments, id take one in a second if the oppurtunity presented itself.
                      Last edited by bresk8r87; 05-02-2007, 07:12 PM.
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

i hate the suspension on them

after driving an sti i guess i got spoiled..but the srt4 couldve been so much better...idk..the interior is just ugh..idk i feel like if i bought one..i could do better

its like....dating the school slut..sure shes gonna put out...but after while it gets boring..that was probably the worst analogy ever..but jus dodges are wack to me...the interior is shit..especially the neons..my cb7's interior is far superior than it....srt4 IS quick dont get me wrong...fun to drive..just as an ALL around car..and as a daily driver..i jus feel theres better options

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          You did not just compare me to sparkle...

AND THE ITR IS NOT A SUPPED UP TERD. YOU'RE A SUPPED UP TERD!
                          ahahahhaa. that's a MAJOR diss.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

wow...i didnt mean to cause all this catastrophy with my kill story....ok...srt's are bad...i give that up... just dont come knockn on my door thinkin that your a bad ass....

updated 3/7/2009=best ET to date: 14.2 (no NOS)

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                              i hate the suspension on them

after driving an sti i guess i got spoiled..but the srt4 couldve been so much better...idk..the interior is just ugh..idk i feel like if i bought one..i could do better

its like....dating the school slut..sure shes gonna put out...but after while it gets boring..that was probably the worst analogy ever..but jus dodges are wack to me...the interior is shit..especially the neons..my cb7's interior is far superior than it....srt4 IS quick dont get me wrong...fun to drive..just as an ALL around car..and as a daily driver..i jus feel theres better options
                              heh, very true....scooby> dodge. and my cb7 interior is still years ahead of what dodge has been able to come up with, and it's 14 years old...thats really saying something

i guess if they had an SRT 4 that was what the STI is to the WRX, there would be more of a comparison, i can only imagine the possibilities... looks like thats what dodge is doing with the SRT4 Caliber... i believe the car and driver test had it quoted at around 300 hp/ 260tq when it debuts this fall... now if only such awesome performance wasnt being put into another 'cute ute' econobox
                              1993 CB7
                              2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                                w.e sparkle has..is the best...you cant sway him

he was bashing srt 4's and evo's jus last month..then realized his accord wasnt the shit...and shipped it off with its problems to gloryaccordy..who thankfully is a good owner and is doing it right...srt 4 is veeerrry overrated..sure its turbo...pretty fast..not impressed with its suspension at all.aftermarket parts are really expensive..interior is cheap...its a quick car..but overall its jus bleh

Actually my accord was and still is the shit. Everything ive done to it byfar with literally minor to no problems at all. Thankfully a good owner pffft riiight. The main reason why he brought it from me was because he knew i kept up with it and all the maintenance. Which is more than i can say for your car. Then why are you selling yours......... so before you condtradict yourself by making this an arguement you cant seem to just let shit go. Its always nice to have a fan but just because i didnt sign your autograph book you still wont keep my name out your mouth.

Your gonna keep talkin until you catch a virginia-tech from afar. Actually its the evo thats overr-rated its the srt-4 thats under-rated. Noone likes them its whatever though. I just like the power you can push out of them considering the fact that theres no real tuning involved. Im pretty impressed how the srt4's present themselves thusfar. Aftermarket parts really arent that expensive its not what ya know its who ya know. 2,000 isnt all that much to do low 11's on a stock block with reliability than any honda or boosted accord ever will. With the evo think again your gonna spend more than that + more with tuning. I actually love the srt4's

Comment

Working...
                                X