Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

late night run h22 type s -vs- mid 90s monte carlo V6 (FUNNY STORY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late night run h22 type s -vs- mid 90s monte carlo V6 (FUNNY STORY)

yeah so i got off work a little late the other night and started home, well anyways when i pull up to the light to turn down the main drag there is a monte carlo in the straight lane while im in the turn lane. the light turns green and i make my turn and i notice a set of head lights turn behind me and since i knew i was the only one in the turn lane i figured it was the monte carlo so they pull up beside me at the next light less than an 1/8th of a mile down the drag and there are two guys in it so the passenger starts hollering at me so i turn down my radio (2 10s on 1000 watts) well anywho these guys want to race they claim there isnt an import in town that can take their monte carlo (v6 nothing on it other than rims) now i know i am not the fastest import in town there are a few supra TTs and some other boosted cars and a couple of civics with H22s havent run any of them but by all means they should be faster for now. anyways back to the story i say alright whatever lets run and see so light turns and i spin a little in first and they get a car ahead and i finally catch and go hit 2nd and shoot a car 1/2 ahead in second hit 3rd and continue to pull hard till i shut down like 6 cars ahead. they pull back up and i pull into the car wash where they follow me they then procceed to try to get me to sale my car lol best offer was only $2k and their monte carlo though lol and im not quite ready to sale this one but anywho i just thought it was funny how they tried to buy my car like that after i smoked them lol

haha they wanted to buy your car, that's hilarious, was the monte carlo nice at least? Or was it all old and rusted

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

If it was a newer SS, I can say that the engine in those is actually damn good... Capable of hanging with a normal H22'd CB7, potentially. But if you have a Type-S, you'd have the advantage. Non-supercharged, the 3800 isn't that impressive in stock form.

Comment

lol 2k.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it was a clean car it was the body style before the latestest ones you know the ones that are all rounded out and it wasnt an SS ... I have run an SS and maybe took him by a car he was right there the whole time but it was also from a 65 MPH roll ... anywho back to the one at hand yeah they wanted to buy my car lol but no i am planning the engine build once the house plans go through ... working on a 1st time buyers loan with a 30 year fixed rate at 5.4% if that goes through this summer the H22 will be getting a well deserved build and hopefully be hitting 300 ponnies N/A and revving to 9K

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            lol 2k.
            i'll give him 1500 im a lowballer rofl
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

get a 15 yr plan better, its a little more and half the time it will work out better

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              UPDATED NEW PICS!!!

Comment

Ew... the rounded style? The Lumina with a new name? Ugh! That car is trash! They never even made an SS for that one, it was so pathetic. I hate the newer ones, but that one is even worse. My grandmother wanted to give me hers before she passed... I thought about it, but I turned it down. Glad I did!

As for the SS modes... if they're stock, they're quick off the line if they can get traction, but they run out of breath up high. Nothing some airflow mods can't fix, though! Those engines respond VERY well to mods. The 3800 is one of the best V6 engines GM ever made.

Comment

OT: why is your power steering bracket still there?
                  OS^e
                  1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

lol makes a great hooking point for pulling the engine lol

I plan on pulling the motor one more time so i left it there ... after the build it will be gone along with the a/c bracket that is still on there too anywho i cant wait to start on it ...

as for the 15 year plan we are thinking about that as well if the 30 year doesnt go through we will be shooting for the 15 year with a slightly higher interest rate but we wont know anything until tomorrow or maybe even as late as next week

Comment

good stuff

I-SR 6

Comment

looks like we need to set a race between tricked and koney dawg !!

tricked = cb7 h22 type-s
                        koney dawg = eg h22

i would like to see that race...

who do you think will win ????

Originally posted by Devergote
                        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Nice kill. 2k. hahahhaa.

I don't know, civics are soo light. Only 20 hp less but an eg hatch could be down at like 2200 lbs I believe.
                          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

1) pull the eng & put a f back in it.
                            2) sell it and get the mony.
                            3) buy another cb.
                            4) put the eng in it
                            5) bob's yer uncle

Comment

yeah do what ^^^ said.

they'll think their all fast and then whoops, they're just a bunch of ricers.
                              my 91 cb7
                              Originally posted by 4doorfury
                              I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Working...
                              X