An Si on the fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Si on the fly

Was heading over to a friend's. For those of you familiar with the Houston area, here's how it began:

After turning under I-45 North onto Rankin, I noticed a 2000 Si hatch in my rear view at the corner of Kuykendahl (pronounced kirk-n-doll for some ungodly reason) while we were at the light. I thought, "oh! i still think they look like a$$ though. but that's neat."
    So, when my turn comes up to make a right on to Kuykendahl I accidentally chirp the wheels. Uh oh! I shot my eyes up into my rear view and didn't see the Si anymore but my ears heard him coming up fast at my right rear fender!! Still being in second I punched it and started pulling away but not by much. My eyes reluctantly looked into the rear view again and saw a sign of hope: part of the Si's rear end and tire. With that I kept it in 2nd until 7000. Now I know that's not where the powerband is but when I found it quick enough I shifted into 3rd. RPM's stayed at 4200 and we pulled away from the Si hard.
    Crap, car up ahead! The Si is trying to pull up. I throw the Cord fast into the right lane and still keeping the lead. The car's past now and the Si shoots into the left lane still behind me by a car 1/2. Oh man, we're at 90!!! I hear the Si coming up and so is 7000! Good timing, shift to 4th and keep her in the powerband. This time I'm not pulling away as much, but I'm keeping the Si at bay. Another car ahead. I cross over in front of him and open it up again. He gets over in the right lane as soon as it's clear. He tries to catch up but it isn't happening today. We're at 105 and I think it was time to stop the insanity so I pull back into the right lane in front of him and ease the brakes in. He slows down and then turns left. At the sight of that, I let out a sigh of relief. "Whew, I'm glad that's over. Whoa! What the hell did I just pull up behind?!!!!" I see 3 pairs of eyes staring out at me from behind tinted windows. They were watching the whole thing and smiling.

It's a black 2002 Cobra...damn.

wow you really know how to tell a story, you must of done very well in english class. LOL
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by midnightaccord
      wow you really know how to tell a story, you must of done very well in english class. LOL
      I never cared until I was already out of school. Go figure. If there weren't any cars in the way that day, that Si would have probably walked on me.

Comment

Civic Hatchback Year

It was most likey either the 2002 or 2003 model. 2000 was just what had been stuck in my head right at the adrenaline rush and until you said something. I stand corrected fizz.

Comment

well nice race

Comment

Originally posted by midnightaccord
            I almost felt like I was there...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
              I almost felt like I was there...
              HAHAH, that what i was saying, kinda like one of those eye opening things, the "story" gets better and you read faster.

nice one though.

^sold

Comment

good kill
                R.I.PNOW

Comment

Working...
                X