Raced an H22 Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced an H22 Civic

So I was bringing my girl to school today and we stopped at McDonalds before and I was driving in the parking lot and hear a guy yell "nice car" to me. So I looked and saw this guys cb7. It was nice he had just had it painted and bodywork done so it was nice, mostly stock. Anyway I parked my car and went to talk to the dude with the cb7 the first thing he asked me was "you have an h22 right?" A little confused I was like "yeah", but in my head I was wondering how the hell did he know that. I had my car listed for sale a while back, and I live in a fairly small part of town, so I guess he saw it there.
    Anyway I told him about this site because he has all these plans for his car, and then he pointed to his buddies Civic hatch beside us and said that it had an h22. Now I know that a hatch with an h22 is a pretty quick car, and I found that out. I was leaving McDonalds on my way up to the highway and who do I see following me, yup buddy with the Civic followed by the dude with the cb7. They followed me up to the highway, and as soon as we were on it...it was on! I was in 2nd just waiting for the Civic to get beside me. We were rolling at about 30 and then we both went WOT. He pulled on me, he has lsd, so he pulled on me by about 1/2 a car and we were pretty much equal through 2nd and then I supersonic shifted into 3rd. I hit my rev limiter in 3rd which is set at 8200rpm, and then slowed down coming upon some traffic, he had pulled on me by about a car...maybe a little more. I was kinda happy that I after the initial 1/2 he gained on me that I was right there with him most of the way. Anyway, it was a long highway, but there was too much traffic to do anything, he wanted too, but I dont race with other cars around. It was a fun race, he won, but thats what you get with an h22 in a Civic. Nice little sleeper car it was.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

I guess an H22 in a civic is pretty neat

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
      It was a fun race, he won..

we need to setup a good J32 V6 swap

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=71732
      DEVOTE

Comment

lil cars like del sol, and the eg6's and crx's
        with oUR 2.2 liters can b pretty deadly in them cars they weigh next to nothing. compared to the cb7, but MOZZ do u have a lsd TRANNY?? and if not do u think u wouldve pulled on him havin that LSD tranny
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

1. EK or EG chassis? If it was in an EG a bit hard to believe unless friend cant drive.
          2. I dont think the LSD trans helped much. It shines a lot more at a dig adn wet weather.
          3. What trans are you running?
          4. Good job.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No I still think that if I had an lsd he still would have pulled on me and I know that if the race lasted a little longer he would have had me more than a car length because these are 13 cars (usually), so I know that they are fast. It was an EG chassis and my tranny is the m2a4 but it has been completely rebuilt, new synchros, lightened flywheel and a stage 3 Bully clutch...all in preperation for the turbo.

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              No I still think that if I had an lsd he still would have pulled on me and I know that if the race lasted a little longer he would have had me more than a car length because these are 13 cars (usually), so I know that they are fast. It was an EG chassis and my tranny is the m2a4 but it has been completely rebuilt, new synchros, lightened flywheel and a stage 3 Bully clutch...all in preperation for the turbo.
              LSD only comes into play at launch and in turns...

And at speed, drag takes over weight... so this story's believable; after about 60-70MPH it's pretty much an equal race

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

EG H22 can go mid to low 13's depending whats done to it, is'nt LSD mainly for Auto-X
                CB7
                Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
                Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
                Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

Wow thats a good race buddy...yeah any civic thats running that type of setup would be hard to beat...remember it boils down to " horsepower to weight ratio ".
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

i LOVE THIS site
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                      Wow thats a good race buddy...yeah any civic thats running that type of setup would be hard to beat...remember it boils down to " horsepower to weight ratio ".
                      Yeah the h22 in a eg or ek is a nice swap. Way more torque and a little more hp than the normal b series you see in a Civic when swapped. It would be nice if I could reduce my cars weight by 100lbs. Right now with full interior and audio it weighed in at a whopping 3300lbs with 2 people in the car. So without the other person lets say just with me it weighed 3100lbs. Still heavy as fuck, but I have to have my system, so it hard finding ways to reduce weight. I want to keep the back seats too. Anyway yes it was very much a weight difference that won that race. Thanks for the comploments even though I lost...

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                      X