Eclipse spyder gt V6 VS H22 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse spyder gt V6 VS H22 Accord

Never thought I would be posting in here cause I never race, but here's my story.

The Eclipse was behind me as we turned onto a 4 lane road by the airport after the red light. I wasn't really trying to race the guy or anything. But I see him in my rear view and he takes off pretty hard trying to pass me in the outside lane. So I am in 2nd gear at that point and floor it hitting vtec, then 3rd, 4th, to speeds above 100mph. All this time his is still behind me not gaining any ground on me, and not loosing much either. After that we had to slow down cause of another light up ahead and traffic.

You could say, maybe he wasn't trying to race or whatever, but believe me, he was doing all he could to pass me but he could not. It was the convertable GT V6, same model as the current one on Mitsubishi's web site. More horses and torque than the H22 but that car is amost 1000lbs heavier.

So I claim a kill

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
    Never thought I would be posting in here cause I never race, but here's my story.

The Eclipse was behind me as we turned onto a 4 lane road by the airport after the red light. I wasn't really trying to race the guy or anything. But I see him in my rear view and he takes off pretty hard trying to pass me in the outside lane. So I am in 2nd gear at that point and floor it hitting vtec, then 3rd, 4th, to speeds above 100mph. All this time his is still behind me not gaining any ground on me, and not loosing much either. After that we had to slow down cause of another light up ahead and traffic.

You could say, maybe he wasn't trying to race or whatever, but believe me, he was doing all he could to pass me but he could not. It was the convertable GT V6, same model as the current one on Mitsubishi's web site. More horses and torque than the H22 but that car is amost 1000lbs heavier.

So I claim a kill
    They aren't too bad, but they aren't that fast either IMO.

I had one that tried to play with 06 on a hill one day. No go for him. He quit rather quickly.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Kinda off topic but, i wish mitsu brought the FTO over, that would of been a bad ass US eclipse, but yeah, those cars as i have read from there spec sheets are heavy.
      www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

damn kane nice kill

man there are always cops around the airport, surprised you didn't get caught
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
          damn kane nice kill

x2
          Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Originally posted by dwnhillCB791
            x2
            hey tony, is that gmr on your sig man, we went up there with my buddy in the rsx. its pretty tight, we were just cruising up there and back down,

my friend drove his stock accord up there and got pulled over which sucked, but fun nonetheless
            Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              They aren't too bad, but they aren't that fast either IMO.

I had one that tried to play with 06 on a hill one day. No go for him. He quit rather quickly.

I couldn't find any 1/4 mile stats on Mit's website. I'm kinda curious though.

Originally posted by blackcb7
              damn kane nice kill
              Thanks lol
              Yeah, well I drive that route every day to work and back, and cops aren't usually stopped looking for speeders. Although a couple times I've seen one hiding out at night on Haven ave next to the airport runways.

My swap thread

Comment

Did a search and found this...

0-60 mph 6.95 seconds
                1/4 mile 14.93 seconds at 98.00 mph

Which would appear to be a little faster than a stock H22 swaped accord.....

Makes me feel even better

My swap thread

Comment

yeah assholes tend to do that. They know that the accord isnt fast but once you keep up with them or pass them they go wtf thats not supposed to happen . So the slow down and wait for you to slowdown and then theyll speed up like its all gravey and once you dont even put any throttle on it they wait until they get like 8 cars ahead and then throw the hazards on i had glorryaccordy trying to get on this evo until he did a ricer flyby with a naturally born evo 06 lancer. Not my car we both laughed at him

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                    Did a search and found this...

0-60 mph 6.95 seconds
                    1/4 mile 14.93 seconds at 98.00 mph

Which would appear to be a little faster than a stock H22 swaped accord.....

Makes me feel even better
                    I'm pretty sure a stock H22 CB would run a good 14.7 or so...

He was probably gayomatic as well... anyways props on the kill

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                    X