Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double kill... 350Z & 1G Eclipse GS turbo (And I am a TOTAL idiot...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double kill... 350Z & 1G Eclipse GS turbo (And I am a TOTAL idiot...)

Ok, good news is I killed 2 fast cars today... one of them deserved is soooo much! The bad news is that I am a TOTAL moron for doing it when and where I did

The Cast:
    BRAND SPANKING NEW Nissan 350Z (temp tag was still in the rear view window)

1G or 2G Mistubishi Eclipse GS (dunno if it came turbo stock, but this guy had a loud BOV) I'm not sure which year exactly, but it wasn't the bubbly, rounded type. Definitely an older one.

Me. 1992 CB7, JDM H22 swap. 2.5" exhaust. AEM CAI (3"). UR Crank pulley. Stock everything else (that matters in this situation)

The situation:

I was going to my mom's house today around 12:30 in the afternoon. Memorial day, so cops are out, and people are stupid. There I am on Rt295 (major highway) minding my own business when this new 350Z pulls in front of me and flashes his 4-ways and took off... I HATE that Especially when it's raining VERY lightly (as in slippery as hell roads) and there is a decent amount of traffic...

Anyway, behind me was the older Eclipse (for the record, this guy was cool as hell, unlike the douchebag in the Z). When the Z hit the 4-ways and took off, I dropped to 3rd (already going about 60) and followed. Caught him really qucik. He changed lanes, put his 4's on again, and tried it a second time... It was pissing me off, so I just weaved a little through traffic, caught him, got next to him for a sec, then blew him away. Hearing VTEC in 4th gear is what kinda snapped me out of it and made me slow down (5200 rpm in 4th... figure it out)... This time, MY 4-ways went on

By this time, the Z was long gone, but I was welcomed with a PSSHHHH next to me... The Eclipse had followed me in my idiotic rocketing through traffic, and wanted some. So I took him out easily enough as well! The Eclipse was a GS, as I saw later, so he may have added a turbo. I don't believe they came stock with them... Unless I'm wrong (or he had the "BOV sound maker" thing )

Anyway, the Eclipse guy came up on my right and gave me a nod later on. He was a cool guy. The Z was long gone, and good riddance! I hope I made him feel sorry for shelling out 30 grand for a car that can't even beat an old Accord!

Now, I know I'm gonna hear it. And I deserve it. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Racing on the highway ANYTIME is dangerous... Racing in traffic is far worse... Doing it in the rain is insane. My temper flared for a second, and I lost all sense. I apologize, cuz doing stupid shit like that could get someone killed... It could've been one of you guys, or someone you care about.
    Last edited by deevergote; 05-31-2004, 08:12 PM.

well i think its time to invest in a h22a and a manual cb7...hehe

Comment

well i think its time to invest in a h22a and a manual cb7...hehe

Comment

A lot of GST and GSX owners like to be "sleepers" and peel of the last letter. Some quick ID's for the cars:

The GSX and GST came with a line of gray at the bottom of the whole car. much like our rocker panel covers are not painted, the turbocharged 2G DSM's have gray paint along the lower level. This doesn't apply to all the years of the 2G DSM, the earlier model 2G's were all painted. The newer 2G turbocharged DSM's exhibited this line of gray.

The other one, is if there is a stock exhaust on, the GS and RS 2G DSM's had a single exhaust tip, and the turbocharged models had a dual tip. However, I did see one POS where a GS owner had welded on a dual tip. This applies to 1G and 2G DSM's.

Comment

Cool. If I ever see that Eclipse again (and recognize it... it looked pretty stock) I'll have to check out the back. I saw the GS when he passed, but I didn't look at the exhaust. I didn't notice 2 tips though. I'm thinking maybe it's a GS with an added turbo kit or something... Did the GS have the 4G63 in it? I know there was a NA 4G63 that came in some of the Eclipses.

Comment

yup that z should of eaten you for breakfast but he sounds like a ricer so he probally coudnt drive... mabye he was trying double clutch hahaha. still though nice, i wonder what made a z come up to a stock looking accord and want to race? something aint right there.
            1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

good shit. and yea maybe that z shoulda killed you, but it didnt... good for you, a car is only as fast as its driver. apparently youre a better driver and you didnt even initiate the run.

Comment

haha was this in M-Town? hahahaha... nice. there are a lot of snotty people in M-Town.

Comment

Nah, it was near Exit 30... So more Lawnside area... The guy was probably goin to M-town though. I got off on Rt 70, and he kept goin... The Eclipse joined me on 70 though. The passenger waved at me when they passed... Again, really cool guys

Comment

nice kill mike glad to see your putting that motor to use
                    cb7 sold
                    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Good Kill against the eclipse, but the Z owner=BAD DRIVER, those are faster than us, even w/the H22a swap and boltons. i know people say a kills a kill, but a true kill is against a good driver
                      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Yeah, it's got 283hp and runs the 1/4 in 14 flat... Better than the NSX, isn't it?

Anyway, that guy was DEFINITELY a ba d driver... and DEFINITELY a douchebag. It's a real kill when the bad driver deserves to get humiliated

Comment

it was probably a 1st gen GS Turbo that u raced...they do exist, a past friend of mine had one. You can only see the "GS" from a far until u get right up on the car and are able to look under the "GS"
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I know you like to race but just try and practice a bit more on the shifting . Act like your in a situation like its a matter of life or death. That will help you shift alot quicker make sure you use the clutch too lol

Comment

WTF? Where the hell did that come from, Mike? My shifting is fine, always has been... That's why I can kill from a roll.

It's my launch from a stop that's bad. I'm too conservative. I don't think I give my cheap-ass tires enough credit!

Comment

Working...
                              X