X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at least they'll be easier to spot now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

In my town we now have 6 or 7 chargers. the thing with the chargers and y they are so popular with the cops is their smart valve system, just cruisin they only use for cylinders but when they need it they put their foot to ther floor to uise all 8. theres also rumors of the Charger that is hardcore built but i dont think its true cuz our state is in so much debt.

Comment

i was told that the police cars also get an enlarged gas tank...

around here in springfield, Mo they have a bunch of brand new impalas and several crown vics... the surrounding counties all have at least one suv on the force...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
          A front wheel drive Impala just says "no, really you CAN run and not get caught cuz we cant catch up"

X2...lol...I have always wondered why they stopped making the RWD Impalas..to bring out that SLOW version of it! it dont even look like a impala..it looks like a revamped Lumina ...LMAO
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

few years back when they were doing stings on street racers on our local highways, Ive seen a black dodge viper police cruiser, it was kind of undercover exept for the crash guard in the front, the spot light, and ofcourse the uniformed officer in the driver seat.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              at least they'll be easier to spot now.
              It doesnt matter youll still get caught anyway aint nothing outrunnin a radio or a helicopter if your really unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                It doesnt matter youll still get caught anyway aint nothing outrunnin a radio or a helicopter if your really unlucky.
                I dont think he was talking about outrunning the cops just spotting them...

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Only a complete retard would ever run from the cops. Plus, I hardly ever speed, much less race.

I meant, if I'm ever speeding on the highway, they'll be easier to spot down the road since theyre so huge and not many of them around driving.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Undercovers are a bitch though. Those are harder to spot but the state troopers and such are easy. The undercovers blend in so well now its not even funny. Damn grey/silver looking chargers. The only give away is basically debadged and the rims.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Say that with the same sarcasm next time a bank robber or a murderer or some other jail-worthy individual tries running from the police. No one has sympathy for car people anyway because ricers and organized street racing has ruined the image. I, for one, am happy police have faster more modern cars now. A front wheel drive Impala just says "no, really you CAN run and not get caught cuz we cant catch up"
                      Yeah true. I have seen Vette Police cars and Camaros. Come on now, do the police really need a Vette or Camaro?? Dont think so.
                      5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

Need? No. But think about money for a second. Lets say theres a guy thats doing about 100 down the highway, not necessarily running from anything. This guy sees a Crown Vic or a fwd Impala and thinks "shit" and floors it, thinking hes got a chance of outrunning said vehicles. He runs, they give chase, the cops going to call for backup, so theres another cruiser or two in the fray. What if, say, someone crashed. Happens all the time in police chases. Cop car flies into a pole, knocking it down, somehow cutting power to a whole city block or killing the cop inside or something equally devastating. How much is all that gonna cost? How bout whatever running man hits at the end of the chase? Lets instead say he sees a black Corvette with a white hood, white doors and a light bar on top just looking freaking menacing. Lights up, guy thinks "shit, I cant outrun a Vette.."

Sure, its not the most common scenario, but its part of a bigger picture than "go spend money on cushions for the jail cells cuz Im sore from last night when I had a few too many to drink and got taken in for drunk in public"
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Need? No. But think about money for a second. Lets say theres a guy thats doing about 100 down the highway, not necessarily running from anything. This guy sees a Crown Vic or a fwd Impala and thinks "shit" and floors it, thinking hes got a chance of outrunning said vehicles. He runs, they give chase, the cops going to call for backup, so theres another cruiser or two in the fray. What if, say, someone crashed. Happens all the time in police chases. Cop car flies into a pole, knocking it down, somehow cutting power to a whole city block or killing the cop inside or something equally devastating. How much is all that gonna cost? How bout whatever running man hits at the end of the chase? Lets instead say he sees a black Corvette with a white hood, white doors and a light bar on top just looking freaking menacing. Lights up, guy thinks "shit, I cant outrun a Vette.."

Sure, its not the most common scenario, but its part of a bigger picture than "go spend money on cushions for the jail cells cuz Im sore from last night when I had a few too many to drink and got taken in for drunk in public"

True, just from the brain's preceptions...from SIGHT..and reasoning....will make you judge your actions!

Crown vic Cruiser VS Vette Cruiser...

Crown Vic...Heavy..not that fast ..takes a while to catch up to a modded car ( boosted ) "IF" it can catch up!

Vette Cruiser ..fiberglass..LIGHT..more than likely a Z06...toting 400hp and has mad trq..

the smart person would pull over for BOTH..to avoid additional charges

the bullheaded person would more than likely run from the Crown Vic..and stop for the Vette!

the Idiot person would more than likely run from BOTH...thinking his car can outrun ANYTHING..
                          Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-09-2007, 11:17 AM.
                          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Its just that mysterious mind-set like hmm I wonder if I can outrun him that will get people caught. I remember someone telling me some shit about this dude who had 10,000 in motorwork done to his mustand who was transporting some weed then tried to outrun the cop did then later on got caught filling up at a gasstation. heh like I said aint nothing outrunnin a radio. You should see the all black charger interceptors they look like 1 big giant ass beetle in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              Its just that mysterious mind-set like hmm I wonder if I can outrun him that will get people caught. I remember someone telling me some shit about this dude who had 10,000 in motorwork done to his mustand who was transporting some weed then tried to outrun the cop did then later on got caught filling up at a gasstation. heh like I said aint nothing outrunnin a radio. You should see the all black charger interceptors they look like 1 big giant ass beetle in the dirt

thats why after you run from the cops you gotta park your car in a mysterious empty parking garage and lock it and leave it and then put your coat on walking down the street and get your friend in his neon green eclipse with wayyy to much NOS to pick u up.
                              ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                                thats why after you run from the cops you gotta park your car in a mysterious empty parking garage and lock it and leave it and then put your coat on walking down the street and get your friend in his neon green eclipse with wayyy to much NOS to pick u up.
                                sounds like i did once, sorta. ran from a cop who was harrassing me alot. lost him on my way to work. parked in a empty kmart w/ a broken backdoor. walked a block to work and hooped in the delivery car and passed the cop on my first delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X