No announcement yet.

cb7 vs Cop car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my little tiny town in TX we have mostly impala cop cars, but we also have 5 Charger cop cars... its kind of weird, not even sure why we would need the chargers

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
      In my little tiny town in TX we have mostly impala cop cars, but we also have 5 Charger cop cars... its kind of weird, not even sure why we would need the chargers
      Appearently US racers arent the only ppl that love speed and torque. So im guessing they wanted to soup up the charger too. But not ALL cop cars are Supercharged. It just depends really. IDK what it depends on, but it just depends.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
        Appearently US racers arent the only ppl that love speed and torque. So im guessing they wanted to soup up the charger too. But not ALL cop cars are Supercharged. It just depends really. IDK what it depends on, but it just depends.
        on money, probly how much the department has
        ]

Comment

Hardly any cop cars are SC'd. 99% of local cops and troopers are pretty much stock cars. Its the highway patrol cars out in the boonies and the highway interceptors that are beasts.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

They make the new Dodge Cop Cars in my neighborhood...pretty rough looking IMO

"For the ultimate in pursuit power, the Dodge Charger police vehicle will be available with a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that produces 340 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds" -Dodge

DEVOTE

Comment

Hmm.....on the subject of vette engines....why would ford and chevy merge to make a law enforced breed...if these crown vics are stock...then they're more than likely toting the 4.6L V8.....when I heard vette engines in crown vics...I was thrown for a loop...only the OLDER cruisers (Caprice) toted the 5.7 LT1 vette engines with only 280 hp..which is nothing to push that heavy chasis!

but on that note...I went to a speedway gas station late last night to get some gas....and I saw a state trooper ( Ohio )...and they only patrol MAJOR highways..and such...but I asked him if he could be kind enough to open his hood....so I could take a peek...because I wanted to know if those crown vics were S/C'd or not...he smirked..and he said...sure!

opened his hood...and

Visteon-eaton supercharger ..looks almost stock! ...but I guess Visteon painted the supercharger shell to blend in with the rest of the "black" parts...

he also pointed out something that made me scratch my head...he said...SOME of the cruisers are STOCK..some are Supercharged...and he said..in his precinct...or office...it goes by seniority and rank as to who gets the supercharged cruisers...Hence..he was a Sgt!

Hey, you learn something new everyday! ( just stating what I heard and seen )

but yeah, that thing whined pretty good when he left the gas station...he mashed out pretty fast! and I went to other way...( dont trust em )

NOTE: I thought they didn't come with superchargers...Im confused

people are saying none of them come with superchargers...but yet..what I seen last night , confused the shit out of me!

I wonder if its just a SPECIAL REQUEST for depts I didn't ask that..but now Im wondering!
              Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM.
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

"For the ultimate in pursuit power, the Dodge Charger police vehicle will be available with a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that produces 340 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds" -Dodge

OH!! So thats where our Tax Payin Money is going
                5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

they have those chargers around where i live on the highways....also some camaro's
                  My Members Ride Thread

Comment

the newer crown vics arenot supercharged at all. we get a few at my job and non of them are supercharged.

Comment

THe cop that popped his hood over in Garland at our place had a vette motor in there. UNless he had some sort of hybrid. All I know is that that was a quick cop car. I see quitea bit of chargers now and they are quicl. Dont try running from one. Saw a state trooper fly past me going after a 300c =D. He was on oncoming lane and 2 min later he came flying by me I was like shit....haha.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord1
                        Yup, that and the money it takes for them to fill up those beasts(most likely with premium) they have to go through alot of gas with how much cruising they do.

Comment

I did a little searching about the Dodge Chargers, since I know the local Highway Patrol is phazing out the crown vics for the Chargers. And since IMO the Chargers just look meaner then the car you see a lot of Seniors driving around town. lol. My cousin who is a Deputy Sheriff was telling me about a Driver Training Class that he and many of his fellow deputies will have to take within the next year since his Agency is also phazing out the Fords for the more powerful Dodge.

Below is just part of the article. To read more go to.. http://autos.aol.com/article/general...toCRSSaoln0020

The engines are stock, but Dodge has fitted an engine hour meter and there are external oil coolers for the engine oil, transmission fluid and power steering fluid, allowing the Charger to run at extremely high speeds for sustained periods. It also has a heavy duty cooling system and, naturally, air conditioning is standard, but only for front seat occupants. You're just going to have to sweat it out, scumbag.

The suspension is stiffer and more robust than usual and the speedometer is a certified and calibrated unit. The 18-inch steel wheels are wrapped in high-performance tires and the brakes are bigger than those fitted to the Viper, with dual piston front calipers, anti-lock brakes and three-mode ESP as standard. As a result, it's noticeably sportier to drive than the standard Charger, though it's anything but harsh and actually offers more road feel than the civilian-spec sedan.

A 250-hp 3.5-liter V-6 is the basic "economy" engine, matching the output of the Ford Interceptor's V-8, while the growly, 340-hp 5.7-liter HEMI is a $2,200 option and the one every cop wants to have. According to L.A. County Police vehicle tests, the HEMI-powered police Charger can hit 60 mph in just 6.5 seconds and can actually reach 150 mph, making it about 2 seconds and 20 mph swifter than the Ford.

It says a lot for the new Charger police car's presence that it commands such respect, even from a considerable distance, and it's good to know that agents of law enforcement now have a modern and agile vehicle to better protect us in the future. If you fancy a Dodge Charger Police car for yourself, all you need to do is join the force and convince the local mayor you need $26,575 for vital police equipment, or better yet, $28,805 for the HEMI.

If that sounds like too much work, though, there are easier ways to get a ride in the new Charger squad car. None you want to commit, however.

Comment

I Dunno About In The Statess But In Toronto The Crown Vics And Impalas Simply Have Ecu Tune Ups And Thats About It (but They Always Have Some Really High End Tires)

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Comment

well the cop car i ran just had a 4.6liter. it might even have a stock ecu put back in it. no superchargers.. although the 00-04 crown vic's in my town are supercharged, at least the undercover cars are. ive looked right at the supercharger and if i get a chance ill stop a cop and get a pic. only reason is theres alot of drag racing around here. next town over has a charger w/ the 6.1liter hemi.

and when we raced it was on the hwy for like 2miles, trying to max them out.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord1
                                Say that with the same sarcasm next time a bank robber or a murderer or some other jail-worthy individual tries running from the police. No one has sympathy for car people anyway because ricers and organized street racing has ruined the image. I, for one, am happy police have faster more modern cars now. A front wheel drive Impala just says "no, really you CAN run and not get caught cuz we cant catch up"
                                To-Do List for Today
                                Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X