cb7 vs Cop car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 vs Cop car

I know the title makes u wonder, but my friend just got a retired 94 crown victora. we went out on a 4 lane and waited at a red light. i admit he had me on take off but my accord is f22a6 w/ auto. i actually had him til i hit 115.
    someone tell me how this is possible for a nearly stock cb7 to hang w/ a cop car? he had me by a nose all the way til like 122 when i let off.

Ya, that doesn't sound right at all. Also if you hit 120ish thats means you went way farther than a quarter mile. Sounds like the crown is retired more in many other ways.

Comment

There really not that fast, low/mid 15's. According to google anyway
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

I girl I worked with told me that when they retire the cars they yank the supercharger out. Could be one reason, that and like F22HB said could have been "retired" in other ways. On the other hand those are the Z06 V8's right?

Here is the 2006 Ford "Police Crown Victoria Interceptor" Stats from their website.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...cPoliceInt.asp
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

They are supercharged? I know they have beefy trannies, thats about it.
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

A girl I worked with, her husband is a Seattle police officer and he told her that they were corvette Z06 engines supercharged (because of all the crap they put in them) and when they reached 100,00mi they were contracted out to the cab companies minus the supercharger. Don't know if it really is true.

I was doing 90 on the freeway and the damn cop nailed me in about 5sec (seriously) and he was at a standstill.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Comment

no doubt they can keep up with the majority of people on the hwy, there all rwd too right?

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

The Crown Vic, Caprice, Charger, Camaro, Mustang are. (here at least)

The Chevy Impala is not.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Comment

wait...those things are supercharged?? I knew it..no wonder why I hear a whine everytime they mash the gas!!!

I asked a cop if it was supercharged ( 99 Crown Vic )..and he said no..but when he mashed out...I heard a nice whine from it!

LIAR!!
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Those things are trick man. They are anything but stock. From what I can remember they have some sort of all aluminum V8 and suspension that would make a drifter jealous.lol. Well, last time I checked. I mean, thats like how cops didn't carry around heavy arms till they got out-gunned by bank robbers with full auto rifles and vests. Their cars can't be pushovers or people would just run everytime the lights came on.

Comment

They are not supercharged. We had a local cop pop his hood at a meet we had. They have vette motors. They do have an intake whistle when they gun it. We have a 69 camaro/fox bodies/2 vipers in the state of tx that are cop cars. Most of them have crown vics but are slowly trading out for the magnums which are no slouch at all. Then you got the impalas that just plain suck.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

there are no supercharged crown vics, you guys are crazy. whoever said there were z06 engines in cop cars is smoking some GOOD shit
                        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                          A girl I worked with, her husband is a Seattle police officer and he told her that they were corvette Z06 engines supercharged (because of all the crap they put in them) and when they reached 100,00mi they were contracted out to the cab companies minus the supercharger. Don't know if it really is true.

I was doing 90 on the freeway and the damn cop nailed me in about 5sec (seriously) and he was at a standstill.

dont they have seperate highway cars and city street cars? i know that some of there more faster cop cars stick to the highways here for the reason that its easier to catch a speeder and such.
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                            there are no supercharged crown vics, you guys are crazy. whoever said there were z06 engines in cop cars is smoking some GOOD shit
                            x2 lol the caprices had LT1s out the Corvette with cast iron heads...lol no superchargers on them...my TPI Camaro Iroc-z28 has that wine too
                            1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                            -Nava

Comment

local police crownvics are pretty much stock except for a computer tune

however the highway patrol cars are a whole different story, what they have i dont know, but i was going for a pass in my h22 accord because i saw a couple cars fly past and i nailed it and as soon as i nailed it i saw a cop behind me fly past me like nothing, that thing sounded beastly much more powefrul then the regular cop cars..

hey the camaro in my sig is 6spd!
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X