ex v.s. lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ex v.s. lx

any of you ex(f22a6) ever race a lx(f22a1) before or the otherway around. I would like to know if a lx can beat a ex. what the mods and stuff like that.

depends on driver,and mods.kind of an odd question.i have an ex (a4).stock to stock with same drivers the ex would win,it has a little more aggreisve cam,and i think like 10 more horses,also has the great honda 4-2-1 header.but i could race a viper and win if the other driver sucked.

Comment

well i just got a 92 lx coupe and it my first manaul car so I haven't race yet and I can't for a while. I want to know if a lx can even out with a ex. I got people I'm going to run against and I want to know my chances cause if a lx can't beat a ex if both the driver where good and it's only have I/E/H. I'll have to cheat J/K

Comment

well you have a 2 door so you got wieght on your side already.but if he has a manual tranny he got you beat with his engine/tranny.unless your a better driver.but manual to auto,sedan to coupe,kinda evens out (if stock) but i give my better odds to the stick only because i have had both and my stick just seems quicker because i can shift when i know its time ti make a shift ya feel me.but ya only way to find out truly is to race and as always the better man will preveal.good luck.

Comment

Coupes are heavier than sedans.

1990 DX Coupe = 2738 lbs.
          1990 DX sedan = 2733 lbs.

I know 5lbs doesn't make a difference, but it just goes to show that there is no weight savings in a coupe!

*edit*
          Ok I just looked at 93 models... It seems that the Coupe is like 40 lbs lighter than the sedan in that case... This is according to Edmunds. So I geuss in some situations that's true!
          Last edited by deevergote; 05-20-2004, 02:08 PM.

Comment

i was talkig about the 92-93 model years!because thats what he has the 92.

Comment

Yeah, I had originally thought all the coupes were heavier. I swear I saw that before... Ah well!

Comment

The ex also weighs a lot more than the lx though. I beat some modded cb7's back when my car was stock so it just depends on the driver.

Comment

well i have a 91 accord lx 4 sedan auto i raced poo1side /maple and he has a 92 ex manual i beet him buy about 5 6 cars

mods on my car
                  8mm tayler wires ,ngk park plugs
                  short ram intake
                  down pipe catback 2 1/4 piping and some cam work done and its an auto with 195 60 15 tires
                  so i dont know just say an lx can beet an ex depending by driver

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

yes and i can tell you thats because your a better driver than he is by far.more experiance but to beat him buy that much, someones gotta teach him to race before he ruins his new car.your car also looks like its in far better shape troy,i havent seen them in person but your is a lot cleaner looking than maples.and i bet your engine is in a lot better condtion than hi too.nice kill though.

Comment

Maple's car is actually pretty good, knowing what he paid for it. Hell, it has the same mileage as cpmike's car had, and it's in better condition. Maple paid half as much as Mikey did.

Comment

never said it wasnt a good deal.but i know hpaccord takes care of his car really well,his engine is not beat,its well maintained,and he know howto race.it makes a huge difference how well maintained the engine is when going to the drag strip,and hpaccords engine is very well kept.hehas not had the problems that maples had,anyways maple probably did get a good deal but if he got beat by that much car lengths than theres something wrong,lol.

Comment

True. Guaranteed maple's engine isn't perfect... And I forget if he had driven stick before now. If he's new, then he's definitely got some things to learn. Hell, I've been driving stick for 3 years and I still have a ton to learn!

Comment

ya i have masterd double clutching,i know i'll need it when my syncros go.lol but ya i love stick and i am always learning new things.

Comment

I have a 93 EX 4dr, the highest performing stock USDM CB7, with a cone intake filter, and I unarguably beat a 90 DX sedan. Granted, he was dropped about 3" and I have no idea what kind of stereo he might have had, but I think our launches were the same. I NEED a new clutch though, the 1-2 shift is eating my whole drivetrain...

But yea, the A6+5spd pretty much owns all in the F domain. My next mods are prob. gonna be a regrind and a better clutch, along with a drop and some other stuff...

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X