my 1st kill with my '90 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 1st kill with my '90 accord

mods: dropped suspension and short ram intake.

i was driving down W. Patric St. in Frederick and i see this integra sitting at the light(i think a '94 or '95.) i always notic DCs b/c they look cool to me. but as i get closer i notice a muffler on this one. i was thinking "he either has just a fart can or an acutal exhaust. who cares. ill try him out." as i pull up to the light another cb7 pulls up in the third lane(three land street. im in the middle lane. the DC in the left lane and the cb7 in the right lane.) me and the guy in the integra make eye contact and nod to each other. they guy in the cb7 looks at me and jerks his car.(i laugh in my head. lmao)

i see the cb7 jerk his car(im figuring he has an auto and instead of putting it in nuetral and revving, he left it in drive and gased it a lil bit.)

light turns green and the cb7 gets left behind. the integra had me by a fender length until he misshifted and i pulled on him by 2 doors. i raced him til i hit 50mph then slowed down. i figured i got my point across and won. lol. plus the speed limit on W. Patric St. is 45. lol. me and the DC get to the next light and give each other the thumbs up and the other cb7 just shamefully pulls down the next street. lol. i felt so good. i beat a freakin integra
    Last edited by Shadow1; 02-01-2007, 02:07 PM.

is the owner of the other cb7 on here???
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

nice win...wish other honda/acura enthusiasts around my area were as friendly as that when it comes to a race. most guys seem to take it as a mortal insult when they get beaten, and then they're just trying to run you off the road the rest of the way. good driving, 'specially with a close to stock cb.
      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
        nice win...wish other honda/acura enthusiasts around my area were as friendly as that when it comes to a race. most guys seem to take it as a mortal insult when they get beaten, and then they're just trying to run you off the road the rest of the way. good driving, 'specially with a close to stock cb.

thanx man. its an auto at that. i thought about putting it in 1st but i was trying not to be noticed all that much. 5-0 alwasy tryin to pull someone over. lmao.

i dont think the owner of that cb7 is on here. i dont see very many cb7tuners around maryland. or at least if there is then ive never seen them post anything about the meets i set up

Comment

yeah, the cb7 auto isnt pretty or smooth, but it will do for racing. my last accord was an auto lx 90 with the f22a1 and I could more or less keep up with my buddy's 92 f22a6 standard. really the only thing keeping him ahead was marginally better power, and the fact he's a good standard driver. i love my new 5spd with the f22a4, but the auto was a respectable contender...i have a healthy respect, lol.

and same for me in my area, we have 3 cb7tuners in brampton, ontario on this site, but considering how many cb7's there are around, thats not too many. shame really

Comment

yeah. i have a f22a1 in my car. but the 1st gear is freakin fast man. lol. but it revvs up too quick. by the time i get to enjoy the accleration i have to swtich gears. but i love my auto tho. too much traffic around MD to deal with a stick IMO.

around here there are plenty of cb7s that are modded but none of them are part of cb7tuner for some reason. maybe they dont have interent access or something. oh well .

Comment

[QUOTE=Shadow1]but i love my auto tho. too much traffic around MD to deal with a stick IMO. [QUOTE]

yeah, some days i miss my auto....driving in downtown Toronto can be brutal.... and i wished i had it still yesterday (8 hours of in town driving) but in a perfect world we should have both. that'd be sweet

Comment

true. but if you think about it the newer cars with the auto/manual shifter are crappy. takes the "sporty" feel out of shifting. ive driven one before and if you dont shift it at the right point then it shifts it for you. bastard. lol

Comment

yeah, i hate most new cars...lol

now they have these autos that are more responsive and get better gas mileage then the manual version....but its like the Lexus parkitself thingie....just taking the joy out of driving and skill and making it another automated chore....I like knowing how to parallel park dammit! lol

and as much as the CB auto is clunky, there's an art to driving it that makes it more fun than the comparable Toyota Camry which shifts smoothly but boringly....Honda Forever!

Comment

thats the way to look at it homie. lol

i dont think id ever give up on honda. they come out with too many new things that i want. they came out with the RSX and since then ive wanted one for so long. lol. but it would be a mismatch to my cb7.

ive always thought about that. what car would look good sitting next to my cb7. dont know tho

Comment

S2K FTW!, lol, but an NSX would be nice.

As much as I just bashed Lexus, one of my top picks for an auto second car would be like a 95-96 Lexus LS400......V8 4 liter baby! Air suspension and a 12 speaker Nakamichi system with sub.....Get inside one of those puppies thats 10+ years old and has 150K+ and its still a nicer more refined ride than many of the brand new luxury vehicles....and its got that boxy mercedes style look to it that I can't get enough of....on the other hand, a nice gunmetal grey G35x would be nice parked next to the ol' Honda.....but yeah, Honda still rules, even if Toyota has really picked up the pace lately

Comment

Working...
                      X