set up a race with a 05 cobalt SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set up a race with a 05 cobalt SS

yeah so last night i set up a race with a guy i ran into with a cobalt SS for those who dont know i am now driving a 92 accord ex with a h22 Type S

Tonight I run into the guy who i had talked to about his Cobalt SS and decided we were gonna run tonight and get a good judge of our cars

Cobolt SS supercharged with something like 205 HP

and my H22 swapped acord at somewhere between 200 and 220(guy says the swap is out of a type S prelude and it is converted from OBD2 to OBD1 some I am inclined to believe him)

OK so he says he knows where we can run. turns out to be a subdivision that is being built all the roads are done but the houses are still being built. so his buddy does the whole pinks thing with point, point, nod,nod GO! anyways I drop from 2500 RPM feathering the clutch trying to get it to go instead of spin while the guy in the cobalt is just sitting there spinning tires as well but i get out of the hole first putting a 1/2 car on him then off we go through first into 2nd where i pull another car but then as im hitting 70MPH getting ready to shift I hit a nasty dip in the road sending me airborn all 4 tires and here i am pegging the rev limiter like 3 times before touching back down and catching grip again the cobalt pulled half a car when that happened and I let off maintaining control when touching back down which put him exactly a car ahead of me when we finished we left the place and headed back to town where we got the viem from everyones angle it was a damn good race and wild as F#@& when i went airborn it had to have bounced me like 2 feet off the ground. and what i learned from this loss is that i need better suspension lol

I would think what you learned would be "don't race on normal roads"!

The Cobalt SS is a nice car... should be a good race for an h22 swapped CB7 (especially a Type S, if that really is what you have).

You should take it to a track though... timeslips, guaranteed flat roads, and no loss of license for racing if you're caught! You were airborne... if you landed wrong, you could've plowed right into that Cobalt. At best, both cars would've been lost. At worst, both lives would've been lost.

Comment

yeah i much prefer track to street but the problem is there isnt a 1/4 mile drag strip withing 4 hours of me so we try to sanction our racing as best as possible

Comment

Yeah man same thing happened to me while racing a civic! Hit a dip, and my car started to fish tale! kinda scary at 85 mph.
        5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

I raced one from 110kmh till god knows and got like 4 cars on him till I let off but im boostin lol!

WaC!

Comment

Ive been wanting to race one for so long...
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I tried to race one last year.... but I was in my stock DX. I didn't stand a chance

Comment

I just need to hit the lottery so i can open a local drag strip here near nashville

Comment

I've raced a stock cobalt 4dr and beat him a couple times. SS on the other hand, haven't run one and wouldn't win(until I boost that is)

Get your car dynoed so you know what you are really pushing !
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

yeah when i get my license im going up to mason dixon line theres a strip up there. ill def post my slip tho.
                    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                    Disregard females, acquire currency
                    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

i hope this thread doesnt end up like the last cb7 and ss one did . any way you shoul go agen

Comment

I plan on running him again in the near furure on the interstate when there is no traffic and what not. As for the last Accord vs cobalt SS well I am inclined to believe any street racing story since I wasnt there and dont know how it went down as for my race ill say this with 2 good drivers cobalt SS will take a CB7 with bolt ons and what not since i was running an H22 swap and only had a car on him when I hit the dip and went airborn they are quick and definatly pull hard when the supercharger kicks in. For the reply about dynoing it i would love to i just have to find one near me which is between nashville and chattanooga

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
                          yeah so last night i set up a race with a guy i ran into with a cobalt SS for those who dont know i am now driving a 92 accord ex with a h22 Type S

Tonight I run into the guy who i had talked to about his Cobalt SS and decided we were gonna run tonight and get a good judge of our cars

Cobolt SS supercharged with something like 205 HP

and my H22 swapped acord at somewhere between 200 and 220(guy says the swap is out of a type S prelude and it is converted from OBD2 to OBD1 some I am inclined to believe him)

OK so he says he knows where we can run. turns out to be a subdivision that is being built all the roads are done but the houses are still being built. so his buddy does the whole pinks thing with point, point, nod,nod GO! anyways I drop from 2500 RPM feathering the clutch trying to get it to go instead of spin while the guy in the cobalt is just sitting there spinning tires as well but i get out of the hole first putting a 1/2 car on him then off we go through first into 2nd where i pull another car but then as im hitting 70MPH getting ready to shift I hit a nasty dip in the road sending me airborn all 4 tires and here i am pegging the rev limiter like 3 times before touching back down and catching grip again the cobalt pulled half a car when that happened and I let off maintaining control when touching back down which put him exactly a car ahead of me when we finished we left the place and headed back to town where we got the viem from everyones angle it was a damn good race and wild as F#@& when i went airborn it had to have bounced me like 2 feet off the ground. and what i learned from this loss is that i need better suspension lol

sounds liek the fastr n thr curious movie tokyo, cept no one crashed and got the girl
                          knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Trick youre freakin crazy gettin her airborne but what can I say...lol..
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

haha save it for when you come back to the sunshine state..
                              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                              ....................My New Baby
                              SOLD TO
                              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
                              X