90 Accord LX Coupe vs. 93 Accord EX Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Accord LX Coupe vs. 93 Accord EX Sedan

This is pretty stupid so don't flame me(racing on wet day). Anyways, just thought I'd share a story of two stock CB7s racing.

Alright me and a bunch of my cousins and friends were heading to my other cousin's house. It's about 12am and we're heading down I85 towards Lexington. I have a stock 90 Accord LX coupe that's stick, and my cousin has a 93 Accord EX sedan that's auto. My speedometer wasn't working so I don't know the exact speed I was going.

Both cars were filled(4 in each car total), my car felt unstable as hell(probably due to too much weight) and his alignment was off. Anyways, we were cruising around 85mph and he just took off; so I chased him and we lined up. It was around a 70mph roll. 3 honks and we're off. I started in fourth gear, and notice that he immediately starts pulling me, but as I get into the higher rpms, I start gaining on him and pass him. We let off around 110mph(according to him).

We line up again, this time around 60mph and I start in third. When we take off, it's about neck and neck and I start pulling away from him...we let off around 100mph. I had him all the way.

Next, and last one, we're cruising around 90mph and take off from their. He puts about 2 car lengths on me before I could catch up and pass him. We took it all the way to 120mph and he stayed pretty close to me.

I've always underestimated 4spd Accords until that day. Both of our cars aren't running 100%, but I'm sure they're not too far off. What really surprised me is how much the gear ratios on my car sucked even though it was a 5-spd. Out of the three races, two of them he was able to get a jump on me because I couldn't stay in my power band(the races he got the jump, I was around 4200-4500rpms, and the car didnt start pulling until around 5000).
    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

never underestamate the auto. lol. we dont have to worry about a clutch when at highway speeds

i stomp on it and my jumps into the power band. but then it tops off around like 5000rpms i think

Comment

if you were doin 70 you could have still dropped it to 3rd and probally would have took him right away haha

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
      New people click here

Comment

i raced my friends 91 ex 5 speed with my 93 ex 5 speed. all i have is a swap and i beat him pretty badly.

Comment

i like how you say all you have is a swap haha

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
          New people click here

Comment

some of the fastest drag cars use auto tranny's...they transfer torque way better than any clutch
            DEVOTE

Comment

My Mom's 90 EX with an autobox actually feels stronger than my 90 LX with i/h/e and a 5 speed. I haven't figured out why.

I do find it pretty funny that I've banged rev limiter in the auto though. I was in D2 with the Sport mode engaged, and I just floored it, and it didn't shift and just hit the fuel cut.

I won't do that again, but the mere fact it did that was actually pretty impressive. It will pull to redline in the first 2 gears with a good throttle application.

Comment

if we ever meet, ill race you. auto kills sometimes.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  never underestamate the auto. lol. we dont have to worry about a clutch when at highway speeds

i stomp on it and my jumps into the power band. but then it tops off around like 5000rpms i think

Amen brother I sec. that statement...
                  Last edited by accordtypeR; 02-01-2007, 10:07 PM.
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                    This is pretty stupid so don't flame me(racing on wet day). Anyways, just thought I'd share a story of two stock CB7s racing.

Alright me and a bunch of my cousins and friends were heading to my other cousin's house. It's about 12am and we're heading down I85 towards Lexington. I have a stock 90 Accord LX coupe that's stick, and my cousin has a 93 Accord EX sedan that's auto. My speedometer wasn't working so I don't know the exact speed I was going.

Both cars were filled(4 in each car total), my car felt unstable as hell(probably due to too much weight) and his alignment was off. Anyways, we were cruising around 85mph and he just took off; so I chased him and we lined up. It was around a 70mph roll. 3 honks and we're off. I started in fourth gear, and notice that he immediately starts pulling me, but as I get into the higher rpms, I start gaining on him and pass him. We let off around 110mph(according to him).

We line up again, this time around 60mph and I start in third. When we take off, it's about neck and neck and I start pulling away from him...we let off around 100mph. I had him all the way.

Next, and last one, we're cruising around 90mph and take off from their. He puts about 2 car lengths on me before I could catch up and pass him. We took it all the way to 120mph and he stayed pretty close to me.

I've always underestimated 4spd Accords until that day. Both of our cars aren't running 100%, but I'm sure they're not too far off. What really surprised me is how much the gear ratios on my car sucked even though it was a 5-spd. Out of the three races, two of them he was able to get a jump on me because I couldn't stay in my power band(the races he got the jump, I was around 4200-4500rpms, and the car didnt start pulling until around 5000).

good race however be careful racing in wet weather..She might hydroplane..Its not a good feeling cause it happened to me and my cb...
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
                      if you were doin 70 you could have still dropped it to 3rd and probally would have took him right away haha
                      X2 Mos def.

Comment

Working...
                      X