first "race"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first "race"

so i finally got the CB into its 1st street race and i have to admit, it was fun as hell. i raced my frind in his 86 or 88 i think monte carlo ss. as hard as it is to bleieve, i was on him the entire time. i finally started to pull on him in 4th gear but we decided to let off cause we were doin 80 in a 35(taylorsville road for people that live in louisville) so i could have beat hime it not for the spped and fear of cops.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
    my members page
    my myspace
    my car domain

nice run. didnt know our cars pull in 4th gear.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

not much as a pull as my 4th gear i guess got to speed faster then his did
      my members page
      my myspace
      my car domain

Comment

ha... ha..... Thats great man..... Take him 2 the track and kick his ass....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

i want to casue he was all like "im gunna smoke that accord" then when it came to it he had a big as smile on his face when he looked over and saw me rite next to him. it was one of the most fun things ever.lol
          my members page
          my myspace
          my car domain

Comment

wow mang congrats on the win but you gotta be careful
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

305 are

Comment

ya i do gotta b careful and 305's are pretty much crap in a car that weighs 2 tons lol
                my members page
                my myspace
                my car domain

Comment

why were you in 4th doing 80?3rd redlines at 90ish

ILBB
                  People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                  The world needs to be reset.

Comment

idk auto 1st of all and i wasnt manual shiftin with it
                    my members page
                    my myspace
                    my car domain

Comment

Originally posted by 92Lxsleeper
                      idk auto 1st of all and i wasnt manual shiftin with it
                      take it from someone that has auto tranny power shfting is the way to go.....

My Old Baby
                      SOLD TO

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                        take it from someone that has auto tranny power shfting is the way to go.....
                        that's been track proven to not be any faster at all..it still uses the same first, second, third, and 4th gears, and it shifts faster if you just let it shift itself.

also, the 305's were meant to meet new smog limitations. those motors weren't meant for power at all. super weak. a newer TBI 305 only had 170hp.

Comment

180 hp I believe

My Members Ride Page

Comment

[QUOTE=mondojackal]that's been track proven to not be any faster at all..it still uses the same first, second, third, and 4th gears, and it shifts faster if you just let it shift itself.

I know but its very hard to miss a gear...

My Old Baby
                            SOLD TO

Comment

Originally posted by 92Lxsleeper
                              so i finally got the CB into its 1st street race and i have to admit, it was fun as hell. i raced my frind in his 86 or 88 i think monte carlo ss. as hard as it is to bleieve, i was on him the entire time. i finally started to pull on him in 4th gear but we decided to let off cause we were doin 80 in a 35(taylorsville road for people that live in louisville) so i could have beat hime it not for the spped and fear of cops.
                              is his car modded at all or rebuilt at all? because if it is i highly doubt that you could keep up with it

in the 80's they put new smog laws in and toned down all v8's mostly by using cams that are not agressive at all. so if it is stock you should be pulling on it.

i wouldnt be messing with muscle cars though if i were you cause i know for a fact they would shred a cb unless modded h22 turbo'ed or a fun in a bottle

my dad has an 84 monte carlo SS and 350 block with 305 heads and it would rip apart my cb7 right now
                              lol at least 300+ hp pulling all of the way to around 7+k if pushed with stock internals

either way me being a fan of both muscle cars and tuners, if i were you i would stay away from them unless ur running 250+ hp cause otherwise all you will be seeing is a cloud from the dust they left you

Comment

Working...
                              X