my cb7 is SLOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb7 is SLOW!!!

the other day i clocked it at 17 secs. its slow.

i raced a SI at night, and he got 3 car lengths

tonight race a 93 civic and he pulled on my by half a car.

i think my fuel filter is BADD. so im trying to figure out some things now.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Isn't that roughly the stock quarter mile time for our cars? I'm probably wrong but I always thought it was about 17. Do you have any mods? And do you maintain the car well? Poor maintinence can make a car very slow.

Comment

i'm pretty sure a cb7's stock quarter mile is 17.6.

Comment

Car and Driver posted up a 17.1 on an EX accord I think it was 90-91 though forgot. But then there is this video of a stock DX running like 16 somethin.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you have to also take in consideration that car motors get weaker as time goes. if you drive your car hard then it won't be as strong as a motor that has not been.

Comment

i got 16.5 with my stock f22a1. you guys must suck at driving. shit, ive know of people getting 16 flat with just an intake.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah you guys are correct, the stock 1/4 for our cars is average of 17 mids. even with I/H/E and other small bolt ons will only probably bring you in the high 16s at the most. thats why Im cruisin with H duce duce. high 14s baby.

Comment

have you taken it to the track?do you have a time slip to show your high 14's?
                Members Ride

Comment

you should look into doing a compression test on your F22. that'll tell you how healthy your motor is right there.

Comment

My cb-7 ran 15.9-16.2 stock all day long.
                    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                    registration is free

Comment

ok I timed me 0-60 time witha stopwatch and it was like 12 seconds with me and my friend, and about 11 seconds with just me. my cars a tank thats why its slow

My Members Ride Page

Comment

The reality check thread of the world. Our car's aren't rocketships in stock form (omg!).

A stock Civic EX will beat a stock CB. My friend's 92 Si would leave me behind anytime we played around. (before you say anything, the 92-95 Si was more or less an EX hatch with rear disc and no power windows/locks).

I doubt my car with a professional driver would crack into the 16's. Somehow I'm still semi-okay with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                          The reality check thread of the world. Our car's aren't rocketships in stock form (omg!).

A stock Civic EX will beat a stock CB. My friend's 92 Si would leave me behind anytime we played around. (before you say anything, the 92-95 Si was more or less an EX hatch with rear disc and no power windows/locks).

I doubt my car with a professional driver would crack into the 16's. Somehow I'm still semi-okay with that.
                          true that. accords were never meant to be speed demons on the road, but rather luxury vehicles (well somewhat). Without an h22, turbo, or highly modified f22, i wouldn't be expecting to run anything great on the track or speeding down the freeway at high acceleration or speed.

i own a newer accord now, and its still not that fast, f23a5, and im okay with that. It moves me from place to place fine. if i wanted something faster i would have gotten just that.
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior

I have seen EX's break into the low 16's stock.

A lot of it has to do with setup, condition and driver.

Auto/manual also makes a huge difference.

I hit 17.3 fully loaded with everything on the car, in street trim. That was auto, 210K or so, and a track temp well above 100, with bolt ons.

Had I prepped the car as most people do, I could potentially have gotten a 16.9 that day. I could probably get about a 16.5-16.7 in the winter when it cools off.

But yes, it is a severe reality check for all those who think if they put a big loud cannon on it, it runs 12's.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              I have seen EX's break into the low 16's stock.

A lot of it has to do with setup, condition and driver.

Auto/manual also makes a huge difference.

I hit 17.3 fully loaded with everything on the car, in street trim. That was auto, 210K or so, and a track temp well above 100, with bolt ons.

Had I prepped the car as most people do, I could potentially have gotten a 16.9 that day. I could probably get about a 16.5-16.7 in the winter when it cools off.

But yes, it is a severe reality check for all those who think if they put a big loud cannon on it, it runs 12's.
                              Very true Scott. There are many variables that must be taken into consideration. I also believe that, unless you have a car that will pin you against the seat, most cars won't feel blazingly fast from the driver's seat, but very quick from the passenger's seat.

I am very curious to know what my car would run in it's current setup. I still contend that my mom's EX is faster than my car without any i/h/e. Maybe I should look into seeing if I can't improve it by tuning it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X