This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    the G35 is not in the same class, and is not meant to compete with the STi or EVO. it has a completely different target demographic.
    who cares if they arent in the same class its still around that price range but id still prefer them. Its luxury based sure but i rather go for the more sportier feel

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      the G35 is not in the same class, and is not meant to compete with the STi or EVO. it has a completely different target demographic.
      Originally posted by h22sparkle
      who cares if they arent in the same class its still around that price range but id still prefer them. Its luxury based sure but i rather go for the more sportier feel
      Thats your opinion you want the evo or whatever. But as mentioned its pointed at a different buyer as r33 said. People have preferences yours seems to be the Evo and whatever some other people prefer a nice car to cruise around and be able to drive on a nice night into town or somethin. Not everyone in the world is a "racer" lol or however you want to put it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Thats your opinion you want the evo or whatever. But as mentioned its pointed at a different buyer as r33 said. People have preferences yours seems to be the Evo and whatever some other people prefer a nice car to cruise around and be able to drive on a nice night into town or somethin. Not everyone in the world is a "racer" lol or however you want to put it.
        and as i mentioned that the g35 is luxury its really the same in performance but what it balls down to is personal preference

Comment

Who cares about personal preference.. Why would you buy a car for 35,000 dollars that can't even outrun a CB7 that probably costs 4,000 dollars swapped. If it were about personal preference though, I'd say Subaru FTW...!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            and as i mentioned that the g35 is luxury its really the same in performance but what it balls down to is personal preference

Exactly. And some people would rather have the luxury over the all out performance. That is why they appeal to a different demographic.

The G35 appeals to the group of people (demographic) that prefers good luxury and style, with a decent amount of power and handling.

The EVO/STi appeal to the group of people (demographic) that would rather have all out performance at the sacrifice of luxury and prestige.

That is why both cars are successful.

You would fit into the STi/EVO demographic, while I would fit into the G35/TL/3 series/C-class demographic. Not because of the "prestige" but because I like cars that are fun to drive, reasonably fast, yet still pull back to quiet and smooth on the highway.

That is why both cars sell well.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
              damn, my coworker is such a fu*kin retard, so I showed up to his workplace and hes freakin drivin a 99 Infiniti Q45t not a g35. dip shit doesnt know his cars. so it looks like Ill be eating this guy since he just bought is a month ago and its bone stock. maybe Ill wager some big money on this rich kid. . jus stay tune in the nex few days for the vid of it
              Wow, so far like 10 ppl posted after this and noboy has noticed that he's no longer supposed to be racing a g35...

btw this really shows how little your boy knows cars. Hah had a kid like that at work (not there anymore O.o) who had an auto eclipse rs (the slowest one) thot he was it and I ate that thing up over and over
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                Wow, so far like 10 ppl posted after this and noboy has noticed that he's no longer supposed to be racing a g35...

btw this really shows how little your boy knows cars. Hah had a kid like that at work (not there anymore O.o) who had an auto eclipse rs (the slowest one) thot he was it and I ate that thing up over and over

Yeah just noticed that.

The 99 Q45t was quite slow. Not a ton of power, and very heavy. But I love the way they look, and they would certainly be a good cruiser.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

certainly a nice car to cruise in. In this case the topic is a race go ahead and give us some results already!
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

lol, I was waiting for someont to notice the revice part of my thread, but yeah Ill be getting the videos in on friday evening after our meet, that guy should show up their to get owned. unless he manages to hook up nitrous by then

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                      Who cares about personal preference.. Why would you buy a car for 35,000 dollars that can't even outrun a CB7 that probably costs 4,000 dollars swapped. If it were about personal preference though, I'd say Subaru FTW...!
                      lol because you can spend less on a CRX and be faster then the swapped Accord.

Speed isn't everything.

Comment

I know you're not racing a G35 anymore, but as far as how they'd match up with a swapped Accord...I drove one a few times (the auto sedan) and IMO they don't feel much faster than an H22 Accord. My friend has a 6spd coupe though and I haven't gone for a ride in it yet, but I'd imagine it would be a lot faster. A 14 sec CB7 and a 14 sec G35 are totally different animals...the CB7 would prob. jump ahead in 1st and 2nd but the G35 would creep back at the top end.

As far as the EVO/STi/G35 comparo, if it's all about speed, to me the EVO/STi are not worth it. I'd rather get an old DSM or EJ20 swap a 1st gen 2.5 RS. I've been in EVOs and STis and quite frankly outside of the performance, which can be done for much cheaper than $30K, they don't offer much else for the price point. The G35 is beautiful, fast, and luxurious, and a a definite bargain used for what it offers. The interior is kind of cheap but nowhere near something like a Lancer.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X