My CB VS. 3000gt SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB VS. 3000gt SL

like who wouldn't think about this, a 93 accord smoke a 3000gt. its all true.

93 accord
    2.2l
    stock with 105 octane

VS.

96 3000gt
    3.0 v6
    stock

i was behind him on the light, and wasnt thinking about racing him. then we all took off and i went around him, flooring it. then i hear his motor rooorring. but he had no chance. he dodged 2 cars and couldn't keep up. im doing 90 already. so i shut down cus i get a car length on him. so i look in my rear view mirror and couldn't see his lights. then i hear VROOOOOOOMMM! he does a ricer fly by. looks like he was really pissed, cus he was driving very dangerously. so i pulled off so i dont get into anything. but i was pretty good run.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

what are your mods ??? by the looks of it you have a f22 engine hmm sounds good but i heard that a 3000GT stock is pretty fast

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

so ur running 105 octane in ur f22a?
      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
        so ur running 105 octane in ur f22a?
        where did that come from?

and it says he runs 93 in his sig.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i dont think theres an increase in HP if you put better gas in it i mean it sounds like a good race but i think he would of beaten you in a straight way but good kil though

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

3000gt stock isn't that fast my uncle beat one in his neon,now the twinturbo ones are a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
              like who wouldn't think about this, a 93 accord smoke a 3000gt. its all true.

93 accord
              2.2l
              stock with 105 octane

VS.

96 3000gt
              3.0 v6
              stock

i was behind him on the light, and wasnt thinking about racing him. then we all took off and i went around him, flooring it. then i hear his motor rooorring. but he had no chance. he dodged 2 cars and couldn't keep up. im doing 90 already. so i shut down cus i get a car length on him. so i look in my rear view mirror and couldn't see his lights. then i hear VROOOOOOOMMM! he does a ricer fly by. looks like he was really pissed, cus he was driving very dangerously. so i pulled off so i dont get into anything. but i was pretty good run.

thas were it came from
              Members Ride

Comment

Sorry, BS Even a stock SOHC 3kgt puts out 220hp the DOHC is putting 260hp. Even badly tuned with a ricer driver is gonna pwn our cb's stock. Shit the vr4 could be running on 4 cylinders and still pwn a stock cb.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                  thas were it came from
                  o, lol.

yea, i didnt even bother to read his mods because when i read the title i knew it was bs.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                    Sorry, BS Even a stock SOHC 3kgt puts out 220hp the DOHC is putting 260hp. Even badly tuned with a ricer driver is gonna pwn our cb's stock. Shit the vr4 could be running on 4 cylinders and still pwn a stock cb.
                    Sohc puts out 220hp goddamn thats alot I think you got it switched around man

Comment

My homeboy in his Maxima schooled an NA 3000GT. LOL those things are slow. He schooled it with 4 people in his car thast pretty damn bad and his shit is an auto with CAI, Greddy SP, and 18s lol

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

In my old oz rally lancer I killed a 3kGT on the highway but my oz wasn't stock really! Even my cb killed one as well so I believe tha guy he could have drive mod over him.
                        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Some of you KIDS need to get your facts straight BEFORE you call BS...

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/U...carreviewspecs

SOHC 3000GT had 161HP. Not 220...

The DOHC had 218-222HP. Depending on year.

The VR-4 had somewhere between 300-320HP depending on year. This car weighs in at damn near 4,000 lbs because of all the shit they put on it.

The base curb weight of the lightest coupe is 3200lbs. That is about 300 pounds or more HEAVIER than the CB7. It also puts the power to weight ratio in the ballpark of the CB7.

Since power to weight is the main factor determining speed, then it would seem the story is possible after all.

What if it was an auto? Did anybody bother to consider that?

When you factor in things like maintenance (or lack thereof), tires wheels (if he had rims), stereo equipment, or many of the other things he may have added to car, it is not only possible, it is BELIEVABLE. Especially if the kid was a bad driver.

Just because there is a high performance halo model, does not mean that the base model is fast. This is the case with many sports cars.

Stock V6 Mustangs and Camaros come to mind, as well as base Eclipses, Talons and Lasers, older model base Preludes etc.

You guys that just assume that it can't be done are neglecting reality.

To the original poster: You are wasting your money on 105 octane fuel. Unless you have something special done to the car, you may as well just throw money out the window.

The base car is calibrated to run on 87 octane year round without difficulty. Nothing short of substantial modification/tuning, is going to change that.

I have seen some special conditions (extremely high heat ETC) where they run a little better on 91 octane, but anything above that is a waste.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well said... i was about to point out how fuggin heavy those things are... ive been behind the wheel of a 96 vr4 and you can feel how much power is being robbed at WOT because theyre pushing 4000 pounds...

still, on a stock f22a1... im calling bs
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

I call..............

Good Kill

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
                              .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
                              .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

Working...
                              X