Whats going ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going ON

i went to E-town today for the Fall Nationals and i ran like s#@# i can't figure it out. I can't get out of the 15's!! A stock h22 accord should be in the mid to high 14's. Not to mention my tires suck and my reaction time was .160 with a 2.3 60ft.. heres a pic of my best time with a few others.

"Know Your Rank"

I know the feeling... how's your clutch? My clutch was crap, and that kept me at a flat 15 at best.

Comment

What was your tire pressure set at, how is the track prep there, did you mes up on anything? Either something is wrong with your ride or the track prep is shitty bro!
      99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Bad clutch, weak tires, shifting at the wrong points, running rich (which you most likely are with a P13)... all negatives.

Comment

yea, I know exactly how you feel. The first time I ever went to the track I was in the 16's. Like everbody else was saying, theres so many variables when it come to running those times. How many time have you been to the track with it? If its your first than theres defintly room for improvement because you get a feel of what your car do or what it can't do. Friday night when I went to the track for the second time my I dropped substantially, running a 15.7.

But like you were saying, I don't feel like thats what my car should be running from seeing other people's times. If your bone stock or pretty close to it. A decent I/H/E shouldn't hurt.

Comment

its your guy's stock ecus that are holding you back, true story.

i run a 15.2. f22 power bitches.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Bad clutch, weak tires, shifting at the wrong points, running rich (which you most likely are with a P13)... all negatives.
              how do you shift at the wrong points?
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                how do you shift at the wrong points?

shifting too early...

Comment

cj you still have cels when you drive. so those are factors on your time also

Comment

the front of your car is so low... I don't know why, that just stood out to me lol.

Comment

i think i was shiftin around 7200rpm and my tire's were at 20psi. OH yea plus i'm running a chipped P28 ecu. i know if i had better tires and more practice lauchin i can get that Et down. This was only my 2nd time runnin at a track so i was sleep at the tree alittle
                      Last edited by 93Lx; 10-01-2006, 06:32 PM.
                      "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                        cj you still have cels when you drive. so those are factors on your time also
                        na i don't have the check light no more
                        "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Originally posted by 93Lx
                          i think i was shiftin around 7200rpm and my tire's were at 20psi. OH yea plus i'm running a chipped P28 ecu. i know if i had better tires and more practice lauchin i can get that Et down. This was only my 2nd time runnin at a track so i was sleep at the tree alittle
                          being a sleep at the tree doesnt matter, you could be there for 3 minutes and it will still show the same 1/4 mile time.

I had shitty tires t00 and shitty suspension. Sometimes its just the driver.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

what did that lude run?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                              what did that lude run?
                              he ran a 15.8 to my 15.2 when we got back to the staging lanes he came up to me and asked when i was running under the hood and i told him i had a single cam i never tell whats in there unless i know you or apart of the CB7 famliy
                              "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Working...
                              X