Lieing Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93Akkord
    I do have an JDM h22 btw, hehe That's why I think he had something.
    i know this. im just saying, stock on stock, i believe a y8 with a good driver can beat a f-series accord. or at least it would bo a close race. now, add a few mods to that y8 and run it on an h22. sure, you have v-tec now, and like i said earlier..pretty much everyone thinks that v-tec is the great equalizer. pfft..v-tec is overrated. the thing is, sure you're making 200hp, and the most tq of any honda 4 cylinder, but that little motor is capable of some serious power. even modded h22's dont make that great of power, unless boost and bottom end building is involved. much more R&D has gone into those little honda motors. companies make a much wider range of parts. sure, he was lying about being stock, but he might not have been swapped. it really comes down to you. was v-tec just noticeable, or was it downright lethal sounding when it XO'd? if the v-tec crossover sounded loud and vicious, might be swapped, but if it sounded subdued and subtle, prolly just modded.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
      i know this. im just saying, stock on stock, i believe a y8 with a good driver can beat a f-series accord. or at least it would bo a close race. now, add a few mods to that y8 and run it on an h22. sure, you have v-tec now, and like i said earlier..pretty much everyone thinks that v-tec is the great equalizer. pfft..v-tec is overrated. the thing is, sure you're making 200hp, and the most tq of any honda 4 cylinder, but that little motor is capable of some serious power. even modded h22's dont make that great of power, unless boost and bottom end building is involved. much more R&D has gone into those little honda motors. companies make a much wider range of parts. sure, he was lying about being stock, but he might not have been swapped. it really comes down to you. was v-tec just noticeable, or was it downright lethal sounding when it XO'd? if the v-tec crossover sounded loud and vicious, might be swapped, but if it sounded subdued and subtle, prolly just modded.
      ehh the vtec can be true and not true...cause he didnt even notice me switch to vtec...and my friends gsr doesnt hit any harder than my h22. the only vtec I know of that hits really hard is the type r

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
      .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
      .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

ehh the vtec can be true and not true...cause he didnt even notice me switch to vtec...and my friends gsr doesnt hit any harder than my h22. the only vtec I know of that hits really hard is the type r
        *sigh* there's a big difference in DOHC v-tec and SOHC v-tec going by sound.

but, back on topic. i thought you might enjoy this video..
        H22 Accord vs. D16Z6 Civic Hatch

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
          *sigh* there's a big difference in DOHC v-tec and SOHC v-tec going by sound.

but, back on topic. i thought you might enjoy this video..
          H22 Accord vs. D16Z6 Civic Hatch
          lol thats horrible...I still beat my guy...this guy just got raped

Comment

He could have done the mini v-tec build. A reason that comes to mind of an owner/driver lying about his/her mods are probably because of theft reasons. Being an Integra owner (most stolen car in American blah blah blah) if I went all out on my build and outraced a car I would lie about my mods not because I want to be an ass but because I just wouldn't want to reveal too much to a "potential theif"

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
              He could have done the mini v-tec build. A reason that comes to mind of an owner/driver lying about his/her mods are probably because of theft reasons. Being an Integra owner (most stolen car in American blah blah blah) if I went all out on my build and outraced a car I would lie about my mods not because I want to be an ass but because I just wouldn't want to reveal too much to a "potential theif"
              A mini me swap doesnt do shit for a d series other than give you "vtec" 99% of the people that see that say its pointless. They would rather boost the motor itself. Plus the Mini Me doesnt give you that much gain for all the work you do.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol thats horrible...I still beat my guy...this guy just got raped
                right. prolly not the best driver, but still h22 accord just got beat my a pretty much stock z6.

Comment

ive beat every kind of D there is out there(NA). dohc and sohc zc, mini me's galore, and all the other stock d's.

you're probably a hair slower than me if not just as slow as me( I say slow because we are not even fast to begin with, lol.)

ive also beat b16's and b18c1s, the closest was the b18c1 because of its tq. the only one that has beat me is a fucking lsvtec(but in an HF crx that ran mid to low 13's). tq does pwn, majorly. having hp just helps even more.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    ive beat every kind of D there is out there(NA). dohc and sohc zc, mini me's galore, and all the other stock d's.

you're probably a hair slower than me if not just as slow as me( I say slow because we are not even fast to begin with, lol.)

ive also beat b16's and b18c1s, the closest was the b18c1 because of its tq. the only one that has beat me is a fucking lsvtec(but in an HF crx that ran mid to low 13's). tq does pwn, majorly. having hp just helps even more.
                    yeah I need a lot of things done....I need exhaust, a good tune, and to fix my o2 sensor...still only being able to rev to 6500 not 7200

Comment

(SORRY FOR OFF TOPIC)i had a 95 dx coupe that i sold before my lude. it was kind of a freak for whatever reason. d16 non vtec head, d15 block, d16 stock im, shortram, and muffler. it is now owned by my friend ryan, and still amazes the hell outa me. kills: 2005 rx8 till 110mph (wouldn't race again!), four door gsr with intake, catback exhaust(i think all four doors were missing from it after that. lol). not a whole lot of people wanted to run this car for whatever reason. the future kill list for this car was lined up but nobody on it wanted to race. he did infact race a 01 type-s lude with full exhaust header back and cold air. and only lost by half a car! explain that! that car didn't have one name brand aftermarket part! the product of almost beating a 01 type-s= get your drivers door and rear quarter kicked in broad daylight ... some people! but that's how i got the little bastard! fun car!
                      Last edited by cb7rolln; 10-13-2006, 11:00 AM.
                      hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X