Lieing Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lieing Civic

Well here's how this story went. I was making a u-turn and this civic follows me. It was lower...seemed pretty clean with EX rims on it. So I give it a go against him, he starts out before me and I couldn't gain on him...he didn't pull but I couldn't gain. Third time we go, I missed 3rd gear..my fault, oh and he gave me the hazards for that one lol...whatever. so we stop at a stop light and I ask what he has...I know he was bsing cause he said he had a completly stock SOHC. and the thing that got me was that he said he had some y series motor...has any one ever heard of that? anyways...he asked me and I told him I have an H22.....and he laughed lol....(also this is the last time I'm telling some one what I have under the hood, not because he laughed at me...but because of other reasons hehe)

anyways we go again and we were side by side....this time I pull on him until I shifted to 4th where he pulled for a sec and stoped from there...I got him by about a half a car length. I was thinking he had to have had atleast a b16...but whos knows. theres no stock d16 ( if he claims to have a SOHC in a civic ) out there that can beat me.

oh wells hehe

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

d16y8? y series motor whatever blah.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      d16y8? y series motor whatever blah.
      thats what I'm saying...he started saying crap I've never heard before. I'm just gonna assume he had a b16 in there. OR was spraying. I beat d16's all the time with the f22a1 in there.

Comment

b18c for the win. that or he boost the y8. Those civics think there so smart.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah..I raced my friends type r before I had vtec and I would pull on him until he hit vtec...I didn't so I got ass raped lol. I still need to race him now that I have vtec. Should be a good race

Comment

he could indeed have a d16y8 with nitrous. or some crazy all motor build. if its got a y in the engine code, it's a pretty stout little honda motor.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Akkord
              yeah..I raced my friends type r before I had vtec and I would pull on him until he hit vtec...I didn't so I got ass raped lol. I still need to race him now that I have vtec. Should be a good race
              v-tec..the great equalizer..

Comment

yeah my friend had the d16y8 in his crx. he also had the timing belt advanced a tooth which gave him a lot of low end power...but he put it up against his type r and it was no match. and I was able to keep up with the type r until his vtec kick in..sooo......

Comment

Originally posted by 93Akkord
                  yeah my friend had the d16y8 in his crx. he also had the timing belt advanced a tooth which gave him a lot of low end power...but he put it up against his type r and it was no match. and I was able to keep up with the type r until his vtec kick in..sooo......
                  mods on the crx...?
                  mods on the "lying civic"...?

exactly. bolt-ons and cams on that little d16 could make that sucker rip, especially if the guy knows how to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    mods on the crx...?

exactly. bolt-ons and cams on that little d16 could make that sucker rip, especially if the guy knows how to drive.
                    not to mention how light weight those civics are
                    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

mods on the crx...?

the crx just had the timing belt advances a tooth and the normal...i/h/e...oh and a short shifter.

the civic did have atleast a muffler....but thats all I know for a fact....he said it was a completly stock SOHC. which I find a lie if he was able to keep up with me like that.

and I don't think the weight should really matter when I have that much more power than a d16. I'm pretty sure he was lying...I should have done the same. oh well hehe.

Comment

Next time take note if someone starts before you and you know you cant catch up dont even bother jsut drive normal hell speed up all by himself to look stupid when its a fair one then run him. If its too soon to tell and you start evenly and he pulls on you then he has somethign under the hood. If someone asks you what you got in your hood telle m its stock and let em keep guessing. Most of the owners are cocky until someone unexpectedly hands them their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                          not to mention how light weight those civics are
                          its not that much, but if he had some medium lightening, and a few bolt-ons. meh, it'd be a pretty close race.
                          the SOHC v-tec isnt amazing, but its still capable of some power. the only thing it lacks on the f series motors is tq, but thats made up for in the lighter vehicle. also, the d16 has a CR of 9.2 i think, so that gives it some, but not much, better tuning options and such.
                          on another note, i think that a d16 with some high compression pistons, i/h/e, cams, cam gears, intake mani and head port and polish, and a bored-out throttle body should put down some serious streetable power for a NA 1.6 liter. but, hey, that's just me.

Comment

its not that much, but if he had some medium lightening, and a few bolt-ons. meh, it'd be a pretty close race.
                            the SOHC v-tec isnt amazing, but its still capable of some power. the only thing it lacks on the f series motors is tq, but thats made up for in the lighter vehicle. also, the d16 has a CR of 9.2 i think, so that gives it some, but not much, better tuning options and such.
                            on another note, i think that a d16 with some high compression pistons, i/h/e, cams, cam gears, intake mani and head port and polish, and a bored-out throttle body should put down some serious streetable power for a NA 1.6 liter. but, hey, that's just me.
                            I do have an JDM h22 btw, hehe That's why I think he had something.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              Most of the owners are cocky until someone unexpectedly hands them their ass.
                              i totally agree! imma quote this!
                              Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X