my cb7's first time at a track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb7's first time at a track

last night i went to the track in Muncie, IN. i got about 6 or 7 runs in. my best of the night was a 16.620 at 83.57 mph.

that run was also with a reaction time of .509! thats a better r.t. than any of my friends got last night, so i was excited.

that run was also against a 94' integra gsr that only had intake an exhaust as well as i do, and it was a good race. i doubt he was a very good driver, but anyways, i got my really good launch and just pulled away from him instantly, he had a bad launch and he had a bad r.t. , anyways, i kept pulling on him too, so im like wtf?? this shouldn't be happening, but ok, haha. so im going through the gears and i see him starting to creep back up a little(vtec)and at the end he goes by just inn time to take me. but man it was close, and an exciting run.

however, an integra gsr i would think with a decent driver would have left me sitting, so no, im not claiming i have a car that keeps up with gsr's all day, just that one run, haha.

so yea, thats my best e.t. 16.62 at 83.57. im hoping that i can take that down to 15.99 without too much work. gotta do a few things tho, wish me luck
    92 lx
    automatic
    slow

but its clean!..kinda

wow not bad for the mods you have! GSRs are over rated lol. And they are mostly driven by pricks who just think they are cool and cant drive for shit. thats how it is around here anyway.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

punkrock, are you a/t or manual? thankz bro.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

and what all do you have done?

Comment

my car is a 90 ex manual. it has a short ram intake, and also has 2.25 inch piping ran from the catalytic back to a carbon fiber 3a racing muffler. im going to be trying to find a header soon from somewhere to put on, ti free that exhaust up a little. id also like to get into the internals a lot.
          92 lx
          automatic
          slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

nice.. with some minor mods.. such as
            lower tire psi
            run on 1/4 tank
            more practicing
            and ur times will keep dropping
            nycx.. i think u should convert to manual man.. autos drain a pretty good amount of the power outta the motor.. i dunno if its that u dont know how to drive 5spd or dont wanna convert.. but bleh.. i think ur car would be pretty fast 5spd

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
              nice.. with some minor mods.. such as
              lower tire psi
              run on 1/4 tank
              more practicing
              and ur times will keep dropping
              nycx.. i think u should convert to manual man.. autos drain a pretty good amount of the power outta the motor.. i dunno if its that u dont know how to drive 5spd or dont wanna convert.. but bleh.. i think ur car would be pretty fast 5spd
              I agree my friend, I know how to drive manual. It's just converting to manual is something I have no clue how to do. As far as installing bolt-ons. minor car maintenence, im Golden. But Im not a mechanic or claim to be one, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I mean yah, a lot of people posted things on it, but I couldn't find a comprehensive guide on what you need exactly to do it. well thanks for the advice though. peaCe...
              My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

It's quite a task from the write ups I've read. It will require cutting too for the clutch pedal. If you have a shop do it they will charge out the ass too because there is so much work involved.

Comment

B.S. No cutting neccessary. Mine's been converted. Petal assembly, shifter, linkage and cables, master and slave cylinder, ECU. Bada-bing you're done. Parts can come from 90-97 Accords.

Comment

I thought you had to do some cutting or something for the clutch pedal? It's been a long time since I read a write up for it, and the one I read was for a 240. Looks like you still left some stuff out in what you listed too...

Comment

Working...
                    X