4am rolling on hwy w/3.5 altima over 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4am rolling on hwy w/3.5 altima over 140

I'm heading in early to work this week to open up the fedex station where I work at... just a bit from home at a light and this newer altima pulls up and something tells me he's gonna gun it and sure enough he does... and keeps on going around the next light onto the highway so I follow and he never lets off. So of course He's ahead because it turns out to be a 3.5 (NOT the R) and with a good run I get up to about 134-135 on the speedo (not sure if it stops turning there so may have been higher) but get this: my tire's are smaller so my speedometer is running slower than I'm actually going. At the track just last saturday I crossed the 1/4 mark at about 85-86mph on my speedometer and yet only registered at just below 80. So I figured at about 135 I'm actually doing a good 145. IN MY AUTOMATIC!!!

145mph IN MY AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*disclaimer: not responsible for you trying to recreat my adrenaline pumping scenario and getting caught by the popo or jacking up your car cause you ain't got good tires.*
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Actually, when you run smaller tires your speedometer reads higher than how fast you're really going. It's simply because the tires cover less distance than the speedometer thinks they do. Plus, the speedometer gets less accurate as you get to higher speeds.

In any case, be careful. I took my car to 130 once just for kicks...you only get so much luck.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      Actually, when you run smaller tires your speedometer reads higher than how fast you're really going. It's simply because the tires cover less distance than the speedometer thinks they do. Plus, the speedometer gets less accurate as you get to higher speeds.

In any case, be careful. I took my car to 130 once just for kicks...you only get so much luck.
      YEah I know I was thinking about it and I was like wait.. oh snap lol oh well yeah I know 4 am and I really know that stretch as I do it a couple times a day.

Comment

yea i did 130 in my wagon... that was moving...

SOLD!

Comment

YOu sure you didnt swap the indiglos that change the 130 to the 140 mark? Cuz if the previous gauges said 130 and you change to140 your basically still going 130 but yea sounds fun.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
            YEah I know I was thinking about it and I was like wait.. oh snap lol oh well yeah I know 4 am and I really know that stretch as I do it a couple times a day.
            Car stock? If so, that must have taken forever.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

He has a chipped p06, intake, exhaust i think thats it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                Car stock? If so, that must have taken forever.
                haha

Comment

HAters no the pos uh, po6 isn't in right now. Took a little while not too long and no dash is stock it was about 5mph beyond 130 which is where it stops so don't know if I passed that or not but I was actually going a bit slower than what it said not faster I miscalculated lol. Still up there tho. IF it wasn't for turn and highway merge could have opened up a bit more heh just not trying too

Comment

Working...
                  X