Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kills?? y is my car so damn slow ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kills?? y is my car so damn slow ??

k. i got a 93 accord lx auto. i got a srintake and ive fucken gotten smoked by just about everything ive tried to race. i got smoked by a 01 civic lx with i/h/e. i got smoked by a 4th gen civic w/ dual dualtip exhaust and intake. ive gotten smoked by another accord too. a 90-92 accord lx 4d w/ im guessin intake. can u guys tell me what im doin wrong. i want to start winning.

90-92 accord,its either 90-91 or 92-93,and you should invest in a vtec and also a 5 speed tranny swap.your not gonna really keep up the cars you listed,your auto aint pushin much hp either.especially if those cars were manual .

Comment

yea do u know how much a vtec and a manual swap cost??? is it worth it to do it to my car of just to save up for a vtec accord (a later model)??

Comment

if ur going to swap id rather hit up the h22 route

but gosh some cars just have more power, im not sure about the 01 civics power rating but if u can beat a lancer lol..then ur in good hands =). i can hang with many things =)
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

do more than just an intake.. the intake is probably the first step... but don't start to think the car is fast just by adding a SRI, all it does is add probably 1-2 hp if any if it's just that alone.. save up and do more mods or swap

Comment

Having an auto isn't really the best option for speed. You can shift it manually (which will put wear on the transmission after a while) however, you won't run too fast. dj justice's best time in his semi-lightened LX auto (no back seat or spare tire) only ran mid-to low 17's in his best run. He was in the 18 second range before that. And I believe he's fairly competent with his car...

If you really want to go fast, then follow the advice of others and swap. However, be prepared to shell out a TON of money to get it done right (especially by someone else). Put it this way: I got my H22 swap for $2400 shipped to a shop... the shop charged me another $1750 to put it in... and I didn't have to convert from auto to manual, since my car was already a 5 speed! They overcharged me by about $750, but still... Expect to pay that much if you convert. Doing it yourself would save you money, but I'm guessing that you're probably not enough of a mechanic to attempt that...

You could also just swap out your auto for a 5 speed and boost your current engine... However, turbos can be just as expensive as swaps, and they must be done right (and maintained) or else you'll run into problems.

Comment

yea thats kinda pricey. well right now im looking for a job. and if i find a good one i will probley sell my cb7 and get an eg6 or a crx si. i heard the crx's are wicked fast for stock engine. is this true?

Comment

Hell fuckin NO! do a prelude swap instead and as for the eg6 yeah its fast with a swap in it but you know what else too they are stolen alot too be sure that if you get that car to keep your head on a swivvle. Please everyone excuse my french

Comment

Everybody wants an eg6. Those cars bore me fast or not.

Comment

The H22 is the most powerful 4cyl FWD Honda engine that is reasonably priced (and can swap into cars we, in general, can afford). After that, the B18C5 would be next. The H22 is a torquier engine, though.

A stock, or slightly modified EG6 is NOT that fast. Yes, it can be made fast (with a boosted B16 or B18) but in stock form it's not that impressive. A B18C5 swap into one would make it a good deal faster, but if you think the H22 swap is expensive, taka a look at B18C5 prices! You COUL Dput an H22 into an EG6 or a CRX, but your handling would go down the terlet.

As far as having a somewhat lightweight car that can handle the weight of the H22, the CB7 is the best choice you can make.

Dropping an H22 into your CB7 (or boosting your F22) would be cheaper in the long run than buying an EG6 and making it fast.

Comment

Insurance is cheaper on it aswell. Ontop of that that steerin thing is perhaps a rumor cause the handling on my boys car suspension is setup so where it wont effect the cars dynamics. Its about the right suspension to handle the weight most people forget that too.

Comment

Actually, I know of plenty of 4th gen accords, auto who have i/h/e, pulleys, runnin 16's.
                        so iono what u talkin about.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Steve (atx) ran a 16.3 as his best time, I think... Auto, and only I/H/E. Autos aren't the best platform for racing, but yes, they CAN be made to go fairly fast.

As for the handling of an EG6, if you have a nice suspension, you can handle the H22. Still, a stock suspension in an EG6 wouldn't handle the weight nearly as well as the stock CB7 suspension (Which I currently have... for the time being... BUY MY STUFF )
                          Last edited by deevergote; 04-12-2004, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I PULLED A HIGH 16.899 WITH INTAKE AONLY

Comment

and your point is? That's not very fast...
                              91 accord lx, ebay intake, koni rsk kit, 17's, clear corners, red clear tails, and a type r lip when I'm not in Pullman

Comment

Working...
                              X