Went to the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the track

I finally got a chacne to take my car to a track last night and get some times. It was really hot with temps in the mid 90's. I was able to get three runs in and was higly disappointed. But than again it was my ver first time and it was fun.

R/T ... .543
    60ftr... 2.574
    330 ... 6.970
    1/8 ... 10.499
    MPH ... 69.59
    1000 ... 13.517
    1/4 ... 16.436
    MPH ... 70.03

R/T ... .630
    60ftr ... 2.467
    330 ... 6.803
    1/8 ... 10.316
    MPH ... 70.01
    1/4 ... 16.163
    MPH ... 69.73

R/T ... .267
    60ftr ... 2.750
    330 ... 7.106
    1/8 ... 10.610
    MPH ... 70.28
    1/4 ... 16.315
    MPH ... 77.90

Everything done to my car so far is just a stage three XTD clutch, 8lb fidanza flywheel and an intake (all on an H22). I knew I wasn't gonna come close to running 14's just yet but is this reasonable to be that far off with all the work done and that motor ? But now that I look at it I think thier is something wrong. Is it normal to have a faster 1/8 mile speed than a quarter(second run)? Well any suggestions as to what happened or if anybody else has has this and your solutions would be very helpful. Thanks for looking and let me know what ya think.

wow wierd! my automatic F22 sean ran a 17.1 consistent yet i trapped average of 10MPH more than you haha wierd!
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Well at least that gives me hope than that either i'm a horrible driver or thiers something going on with this motor of mine. This is all on a 5-speed too.

Comment

Something might have been wrong w/the machines at the track, you had the pedal to the floor the whole time right?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Something might have been wrong w/the machines at the track, you had the pedal to the floor the whole time right?
          Whole time, let off it between shifts but thats it. one of my co workers also told me that that track is some shit too. Any other thoughts on my bad times?

Comment

looks like driver error to me. Get your 60ft times down under 2.2 and youll be in the low 15s, high 14s.

Plus there must be something wrong with something, the first to runs your mph is the same at 1/8th mile compared to the 1/4 mile finish line. The last run, last 1/8th mile you went from 70mph-77..... what is up with that?
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

the heat is a factor too ive seen cars that should have been doin 14
              doin 15's and cars that was supposed to be doin 12' do 13's

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                looks like driver error to me. Get your 60ft times down under 2.2 and youll be in the low 15s, high 14s.

Plus there must be something wrong with something, the first to runs your mph is the same at 1/8th mile compared to the 1/4 mile finish line. The last run, last 1/8th mile you went from 70mph-77..... what is up with that?

I was hoping you would post. Watching your times was what got my hopes up and thinking I could at least run mid 15's. I was thinking about the 60ftr's too. I'm hoping there was something wrong with the machines that day though and try it out at another track at night. But is that normal for the 1/8 and 1/4 speeds be that close?

Comment

Speeds dont look normal. I was trappin around 90 or so when i finished the quarter like 89-95. Your speeds are way too cloose together looks like your car stopped pullin after the 8th or somethin.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                    I was hoping you would post. Watching your times was what got my hopes up and thinking I could at least run mid 15's. I was thinking about the 60ftr's too. I'm hoping there was something wrong with the machines that day though and try it out at another track at night. But is that normal for the 1/8 and 1/4 speeds be that close?
                    no its not, its like after you went the 1/8th mile you held it 2nd gear the whole way down or something.

There is alot to do with getting your 60fts below 2.3, i believe 2.3 is avg. Motor mounts/lsd/tires/suspesion is also really big. That is also where a 2 step comes in handy, it gets your more consistant runs back to back, dont have to keep holding the gas. And some like mine(uberdata) are programed to disengage after 10mph so you get less spin off the line.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

you prolly didnt hold down the gas until the very very end.. i did that twice my first time
                      You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                        you prolly didnt hold down the gas until the very very end.. i did that twice my first time
                        Is that possible? I was holding down the gas the whole time though. I'm just starting to think there is something wrong with my car or the track I went to, more my car though. i'm hoping bringing down my 60ftr's will help with the time. phatdoughnut, whats a 2 step? Thanks for the help so far guys. I also do have a CEL right now but its code 12 (EGR) and I thought that was one of the few if any that don't affect the ECU.

Comment

looks like theres something seriously wrong with the track or your car. between the 1/8th mile and quarter mile you should pick up at least 15-20 mph. Even with my f22 I picked up 18 mph between the 1/8th and quarter. Ran consistent 16.0-16.2 depending on my launch. My h22 ran consistent 15 flats and now I run pretty consistent 14.0-14.4 depend on how much the clutch slips and pick up anywhere between 22mph and 24mph between the points.
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

I'm starting to think its my car thats having the problems. After looking at my time slips the cars I ran would have normal increases b/t the 1/8 and 1/4(my buddies sr20 powered 240 and an STI) my buddy was having problems all day because even I beat him. But yet he still went from 66 MPH to 81 MPH. The STI went from 76MPH to 95 MPH. I just wish I knew what was the problem. I wish I could ride in somebodies 14 second CB7 cause I thought my car was quick but those 16's seriously proved me wrong. Anybody got any suggestions as to whats going on because i'm stumped . The motor has felt good to me ever since I got it back in March.

Comment

ya with my car which is ex seadn 91 with only a catback exhaust and a sri i was running 16.4s and my best was a 16.2 but i was winter when i went so maybe heat was fucking you plus it was your first time right you probably launched like crap i know i did my first time
                              http://www.2kracing.com/index.php/cPath/4_60?osCsid=9dfebfe0d4f332b5c7b3498b65c09864

http://www.naganojapanese.com/jdm_f22b.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X