Playing with an RSX Type S...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with an RSX Type S...

I was on 66E toward D.C. from Manassas this morning where it's four plus lanes and scattered commuters. My eye was caught by a brand new jet black RSX TypeS, it had the new crystal red tails, don't know what year. He was minding his own business and I was just making my way thru traffic, I gave him the nod of appreciation as I passed and went on my way by. I try not to start shit and be a dick to people who I want to race with but don't want to race. It's way more fun when everybody's cool. A moment later he cruised up beside me, it was a dude by himself, maybe 20 or so, we both looked over with the same grin, and I slowly shifted into 3rd. We were already going 60 or so, which is right at the H22's VTEC point. We both got on it at about the same time and same speed and were pretty even through most of third, then he shifted into who knows what gear (4th?) when I was just getting near 7k in 3rd. I revved 3rd out and looked back over to see if dude wanted to keep going, he did and I certainly was trying to run 'em out, but we were both coming up quick on semi tractor-trailers in our lanes. We were in the center two lanes with me on the right, so I went right (shifting into 4th) and he went left. It was cool because I could still see him on the other side of the trucks from underneath. Revving through fourth was beautiful. As always, that's inevitably where the 1.6's, 1.8's and even the 2.0 wish they had more torque. I had only pulled maybe 1/2 a car in third, but I got two or three car lengths in fourth. I moved right again and went for 5th, but dude got stuck in traffic. We slowed back down, and gunned it on and off, but traffic was getting thick and I was actually trying to get him to go from in front (because it's more fun to catch up). We (at least I)had gone well into the 120mph range closed in here on the beltway, so it was time for me to chill. I moved over and gave him the nod of approval as he passed. It's cool when everybody's having fun and people don't act like asses. Oh yeah, the H23 in my black '92 sedan turned out to be less rebuilt than previously claimed, so I was driving my black '93 Prelude Si VTEC (USDM H22A1). It has 148k mi., no cat, aftermarket mid-pipe, stock muffler (f'n VA laws ), AEM pulleys & intake, DC Sports header....that's it. I've got a VIS CF hood and I removed all sound-deadening from under trunk and cabin carpet, as well as removing the entire (dual) airbag system, wires and everything. I burn Mobil 1 like a bitch, but that car hauls ass for a basically stock vehicle I pulled (running, no int/exh) from a junkyard for $1600. I love my hondas, I wonder what that guy paid for the RSX and how many cars I could buy and beat him with for the same cash? It sure looked sweet for a newer car, though!

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
    PM me and get it done right!

ah, This story just makes me smile...

I spent maybe $5,000 on everything and they bought the car for $20,000+.

I beat him in a race and its all worth it...

-Lam

Comment

I like it too when people are cool after a subtle, "sprint" on the highway.

The best is after the race, whomever won or lost gives a and a nod, or a smile to let each other know it was all good and it was all in fun.

Most other ehem, Civic drivers have to prove something and do something stupid like ricer-fly-bys. I just cant understand their ego I used to own a Civic coupe back in the day... it's true what they say, it's the car, not the driver.

Nevertheless, those new RSX type-S's are sweet. I wish Acura would bring back the type R for one last go-around before the axe falls.

...Prelude, not ACClude for teh win!!

Last edited by Accord13&BA4; 07-17-2006, 05:34 PM.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
      1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

I wouldn't want to be 20 and paying for insurance on that...ouch. It's probably less for all 3 of these, even with my driving record . Thanks ST .

Comment

I give these out to people who aren't cool after they get beat (you have to do it from in front).

Comment

It happens we all go through it nice kill . Please next time put the next story in paragraphs dont forget to indent i almost got lost and red the same line 4 times towards the end lol. Other than that good story i always wanted to ride in a prelude i even got beat by 1 from a bad launch i kept on spining this was when i was on steelies. After that I raped him. The rsx sure it looks nice but not hyped up to be the only reason why its hyped because its running a k-series motor. People are on the k's cock no way in hell im payin that much for an engine unless it was fully built sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              i almost got lost and red the same line 4 times towards the end lol.
              that is becuase you are an idiot. you tell him to indent and make paragraphs, and you don't even bother with spelling and punctuation, BOTH of which make reading more difficult than proper indentation.

Comment

Working...
              X