Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highway Fun ... I40 from nashville to Memphis and back ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway Fun ... I40 from nashville to Memphis and back ...

alright so i wasnt planning on doing any racing on this trip ... but ... I have a really bad case of road rage soooo i hate people riding my ass on the interstate which leads to these fun runs one of which my wife is still pissed at me about ...

1st case ... blue 01 + cavalier ... so yeah im rolling along at 80 on I40 headed for memphis to visit my dad for the weekend when this blue calvalier rolls up on my ass and starts tailgating me now at the time i have nowhere to go im boxed in so i just ride it out till it opens up and i move over for the car to pass, but do they pass? no they move over and stay right on my ass so this pisses me off and i drop from 5th to 3rd and floor it and run it up to 95 real quick and skip 4th and go right to 5th and let off because by then the calvalier was 3 to 4 cars back ... so i resume my 80 mph cruise ...

2nd case ... 99 acura integra (I dont think it was a GSR) and 01 corolla type S...
    well i guess when i blew the calvalier away the teg was watching cause he rolled right up on my ass worst than the calvalier and once again i was boxed in with a 01 corolla type S in front of me so the right lane opens up and the teg jumps over and guns it but the corolla also jumped and blocked him and the corolla ends up back in front of me and the teg right back on my ass so now im pissed cause they are just keeping me boxed in so as soon as the right lane opens up again i drop my car into 3rd and jump over im automatically right beside the corolla and 2 cars in front of the teg so i run it up to 95 MPH drop into 4th and keep going till i hit 115 MPH and look back they both quit trying after i pulled away so quick because they were a good 8 to 10 cars back so i dropped back down to cruising speed and they eventually passed me and kept on running but that was all the fun going to Memphis

coming home ...

only case ... 04 G35 ... ok so im running out in the open by myself at about 80MPH when a red G35 starts rolling up from a distance so i wait for him to get up around me and go to 4th gear and he starts pulling so drop to 3rd and start pulling back up on him until we are riding side by side when i shift to 4th we stay like that till we hit 110 and he drops back so i drop back and he ends up following me all the way to nashville cruising i just wonder if it was because he was auto or if they have speed limiters from the factory or what but i thought they were alot faster (mind you he was completely stock)

and that was my fun on I40

sounds familiar.....sounds like my trips back and forth from detroit to akron.

Comment

Keep Right Except to Pass, and Nobody'll Ride Your Ass.

This is a pretty basic driving skill...
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
        Keep Right Except to Pass, and Nobody'll Ride Your Ass.

This is a pretty basic driving skill...

yeah i do keep right except when i am passing slower people hence me being boxed in when people were riding my ass ...

Comment

lol... to be honest i dont think the g35 was trying its hardest...i think they are limited to 150 mph like the 350z

maybe im wrong do you have an h22?

Comment

btw.. i love racing down those mountains when im leaving nashville and heading towards atlanta..they are the greatest! .. i raced a bmw down and he couldnt keep or didnt have the balls.. / or a combination of both...

Comment

He has an F22B. G35 are heavier than the 350 but they are still decently quick cars.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah even though the g35 sounded like it was trying i dont think he was flooring it but who knows as for the other kills the only one i was really happy about was the teg. the cavaliers are known to be slow, dont get me wrong i got eaten by a supercharged one when i first got my CB7 but i was beating them without SCers left and right before my swap. the corrola type s is slow as well unless you get into the brand spanking new ones with like 235 HP. but its always nice running another DOHC honda engine with my accord and seeing the looks on their faces (even though i couldnt see through his tint i can imagine lol)

for everyone who doesnt know im running

f22b dohc
                intake
                header
                hi flow cat
                2.5 catback exhaust
                excedy stage2 clutch
                8.5 Ib lightened flywheel
                DIY short shifter

future plans include
                boost (prolly a DSM setup to start with)
                NOS
                LSD tranny (catching traction is a pain from a dig)
                and im gonna attempt to make my own quick release seat brackets for all those times i wish i could strip my interior for the track or race nights. im surprised no one else has come up with them yet or if anyone knows of some let me know lol

Comment

wassup trick... you gotta be careful mang but that shit sounds like fun...
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                    wassup trick... you gotta be careful mang but that shit sounds like fun...
                    sorry for the late reply i have been without internet for the last week or so but anyways good to hear from ya. how are things down in o-town? im hooked up around here alot of racing and fun around here.

Comment

damn son thats the shit. Just be careful....
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

cops dont mess with us much in this area its sweet but the highway patrol is a b!tch lol so far so good up here though no tickets for me

Comment

Working...
                        X