Time for h22 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for h22 swap

damn some dude beat me in his GSR today <im a hater>... man ill give props to the gsr..thing has mad acceleration!!! ..but i wanted to smack dude...lol

some saturn tried to catch me from a dig at a light.i left dude nothin..then dude in a GSR was tailing right behind me.....then he pulled up next to me<we were @ like 75 mph....and left me and waved..lol .. i just looked up the specs on the GSR and see it has 170 HP with like 120 lbs of torque... well he ate my f22a6 i/h/e..plus im disappointed with my slushbox's power...from a dig im nice tho..i think i could take him on the 1/4 mile tho .

i looked at h22 ... hmm... 190 hp at 156 torque ... hmm... h22 with gutted interior will eat up a b17a1

do you think the h22 cb7 5 speed will beat a gsr 5 speed if both drivers are equal?
    Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 06-27-2006, 09:35 PM.

i think i could have took him or came closer if i had a 5 speed... i dunno what do you think..i know the f22a6 has more torque than his but just doesnt have the high end HP or the gears <auto>

f22a6 i/h/e gutted interior 5 spd .... vs 94 gsr 5 spd... hmm...

oh well..maybe ill just save up for the auto /manual swap... i might have given up on the f22a6..who knows... yo wikked if your reading this...we gotta setup a time you can come for the tranny swap...

the only time i lose races is the fact i have slushbox potential...and no high end HP...

maybe it is time for an h22...
    Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 06-27-2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Do it and boost it. VTAK FTW!
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

DO IT!!! H22 BABY!! I just got mine in and even though its been hell the past couple of weeks due to rapidly decreasing funds it was so forth it. I would venture to say that the h22 feels like the a6 up until 5200-5500 then bam vtec kicks in and your laughing all the way best the stupid b series
        I look...You look
        I rev...You rev
        I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          i think i could have took him or came closer if i had a 5 speed... i dunno what do you think..i know the f22a6 has more torque than his but just doesnt have the high end HP or the gears <auto>

f22a6 i/h/e gutted interior 5 spd .... vs 94 gsr 5 spd... hmm...

oh well..maybe ill just save up for the auto /manual swap... i might have given up on the f22a6..who knows... yo wikked if your reading this...we gotta setup a time you can come for the tranny swap...

the only time i lose races is the fact i have slushbox potential...and no high end HP...

maybe it is time for an h22...
          Yes, it IS time for an H22. You've been in denial for the longest time. Face it, stock automatic is slow no matter what. Do the swap and the 5spd conversion, and for fucks sake PLEASE use the right trans (M2A/B4) NOT the F22 trans.

Comment

Which model GSR was it? The old ones had the B17. The newer ones have the B18C1. Both are potent motors.

Replace the slushbox with a 5 speed, be sure to get GOOD IHE, dump some weight, get a delta regrind and maybe some headwork, and you'll be able to hang even with the F22A6. The H22 IS nice though.

Comment

I think its high-time you see what the h22 can do for you
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49826just make sure its a 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                Yes, it IS time for an H22. You've been in denial for the longest time. Face it, stock automatic is slow no matter what. Do the swap and the 5spd conversion, and for fucks sake PLEASE use the right trans (M2A/B4) NOT the F22 trans.
                There is nothing wrong with the f22 tranny with the h22. Makes for a much better daily driver and still performs the same.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                  There is nothing wrong with the f22 tranny with the h22. Makes for a much better daily driver and still performs the same.
                  Actually there is only one difference between the two that I have noticed so far at woot shifting from first to second you fall out of vtec for a split second. Other then that I'm happy with the way the f tranny is performing with my H22
                  I look...You look
                  I rev...You rev
                  I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                    makes for a much less exciting daily driver. having been driving a JDM H22 w/ H tranny and I/H/E, i tried excalibur02's JDM H22 w/ F tranny and I/H/E and it lagged horribly and i couldnt believe thats the "fast" impression he was getting from an otherwise well-running H22. he swapped in an H22 tranny not much later, and the car has been quicker than ever.

tranny ratios have a huge affect on how it feels while being driven.

doctorcipher's stock F22 will beat any other stock F22, hes got an H23 tranny. has shorter gearing, but not quite as short as an H22 tranny.

sure an H22 w/ F tranny is faster than your old stock F22 with the same F tranny... but youre castrating the H22. with a properly matched tranny, the h22 always feels like its on edge, ready to lurch forward the moment you press the pedal more... with the F tranny, it just seemed... "lagged," is the only way i can put it.

only time id say keep the F22 tranny would be if youre planning a serious turbo setup, when youd benefit from having gears that last a little longer.
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-28-2006, 03:15 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
                      Actually there is only one difference between the two that I have noticed so far at woot shifting from first to second you fall out of vtec for a split second. Other then that I'm happy with the way the f tranny is performing with my H22
                      yeah I figured everyone knew that already. But even with the split second of no vtec the car is still much faster with the h22. I had a chipped p28 in my cb7 with the vtec point at 4,800 and never had a problem with falling out of vtec.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        makes for a much less exciting daily driver. having been driving a jdm h22 w/ H tranny and IHE, i tried excalibur02's jdm h22 w/ F tranny and IHE and it lagged and i couldnt believe thats the impression he was getting from an h22. he swapped in an h tranny not much later, and the car has been quicker than ever...

tranny ratios have a *HUGE* affect on how it feels while being driven.

doctorcipher's F22 will beat any other stock F22, hes got an H23 tranny, which has shorter gearing, but not quite as short as an H22 tranny.
                        It must just be me then. I've ran the same times down the quarter with all three trannies. The only thing thats different are the mph. How it feels and how it actually is running is two different things. My prelude "feels" much faster than my cb7 did but my cb7 always ran a faster time and would leave my lude on the street. Sure theres a little weight difference but still. Sorry for the double post. Oh and f22 I averaged 26-28 mpg. h22-h23 22-25 mpg.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          makes for a much less exciting daily driver. having been driving a JDM H22 w/ H tranny and I/H/E, i tried excalibur02's JDM H22 w/ F tranny and I/H/E and it lagged horribly and i couldnt believe thats the "fast" impression he was getting from an otherwise well-running H22. he swapped in an H22 tranny not much later, and the car has been quicker than ever.

tranny ratios have a huge affect on how it feels while being driven.

doctorcipher's stock F22 will beat any other stock F22, hes got an H23 tranny. has shorter gearing, but not quite as short as an H22 tranny.

sure an H22 w/ F tranny is faster than your old stock F22 with the same F tranny... but youre castrating the H22. with a properly matched tranny, the h22 always feels like its on edge, ready to lurch forward the moment you press the pedal more... with the F tranny, it just seemed... "lagged," is the only way i can put it.

only time id say keep the F22 tranny would be if youre planning a serious turbo setup, when youd benefit from having gears that last a little longer.
                          yeah thats true I strongly agree with you mike.

Comment

Well now I'm confused...
                            There are two very different opinions here. I got a type s sitting in my garage that I can swap for the 92-96 H tranny which is probably what I am gonna end up doing but I'm really interested in who is in the right here cause it sounds like there is a world of a difference between trannies then it sounds like its the same.
                            I look...You look
                            I rev...You rev
                            I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
                              Well now I'm confused...
                              There are two very different opinions here. I got a type s sitting in my garage that I can swap for the 92-96 H tranny which is probably what I am gonna end up doing but I'm really interested in who is in the right here cause it sounds like there is a world of a difference between trannies then it sounds like its the same.
                              well look its like this for the performance the h22 tranny is the way to go for the acceleration period. The f22 fo rit is gonna actually hinder the motor unless its boosted for its gearing. For N/A stick to the h22 most of the cats on here who have a f22 on the h22 doesnt even really know how the h22 feels in comparison. Excluding a few members.

Comment

Working...
                              X