1/4 mile CB7 average times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 mile CB7 average times

I figure this might come in handy... So many people say "can my car beat xxxx?" Hypothetical threads are completely worthless here, and they get locked/deleted whenever I find one. If you want to know if you can beat your buddy, race him and find out.

However, I feel having a quick reference can't hurt. We can't estimate the times of other cars, but we know our own enough to do so!

So here's a list ranging from stock to modified. I may be wrong on some of these (it's all from memory or experience) so correct me if you think I missed the mark. Turbo is VERY hard to estimate, since the power is so reliant on tuning, turbo size, etc... therefore, I am not including turbo. Plus, if you're serious about adding a turbo to your car, you should already know enough to be able to come up with these estimates on your own!

These are very rough estimates. I expect to adjust these times based on input I recieve from members here. DO NOT take these to be rock solid fact. You may run faster or slower, based on your mods, engine health, and driving ability (not to mention atmospheric conditions). This will give newcomers an idea of what they're looking for, however.

All times are assuming 5 speed. Automatics may be slower.

Stock, full interior.
    F22A1/4 - 17.2-16.8
    F22A6 - 17.0-16.6

Stock, simple weight reduction (seats, trunk contents)
    F22A1/4 - 16.7-16.5
    F22A6 - 16.6-16.4

I/H/E (inexpensive to moderately priced) full interior
    F22A1/4 - 16.4-16.1
    F22A6 - 16.4-16.0

I/H/E, simple weight reduction
    F22A1/4 -16.2-15.9
    F22A6 - 16.2-15.9

Swaps, I/E
    F22B DOHC - 15.6-15.3
    H23 - 15.6-15.3
    H22A - 15.1-14.8
    H22A Type S - 14.9-14.5
    H22A Eurp R - 14.9-14.5
    F20A DOHC - ?

nice way to sum it up but for everyone who reads it theses times are with a descent driver. so practice, practice, practice ... I know i am

Comment

nice info

hey deev what about turbo and nitrous setups ?????????

Comment

Maybe lower the h23 times a bit?
        I ran several 15.2's and consistant 15.3's in my full interior a/c, power steering all options ex through shitty exhaust and accord cai on kuhmo ecsta tires. I also know of other guys running 15.1's and one guy with mild head work running in the 14,s regularly.

Gutted, I ran a 14.98 with it.

Maybe just bump it down to 15.2? Just a thought, and I like this thread alot, keeps the pointless thread down as well. L8r
        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
        01-01-2019

Comment

Wow... my clutch was shot, my ecu was insanely rich, and my tires were crap, but I haven't broken into the 14s yet with my h22! Since then I've gotten slicks, a 6 puck, and an MRX tune... so I should be good to go now.

Comment

I'll bet money that with an exhaust, CAI and ACT HDSS my car will kiss high 15s...this is a stock 5spd 93 EX btw...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

My car will run just under 20, stock, auto f22a4 open airbox. I own all of you.

Comment

i ran a 16.6 with my stock lx, stock ecu, stock weight. it was my first time ever too.

im gona go back tomorow and run again, but this time with a tuned p06, hopefully i can break into 16.5's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah i ran 14.9 flat on f22b and i am no way a perfect driver. And thats with good tires, tuned and cai.
                  but overall those are the times i shoot for and expect. Aslso some jdm engines are just freeks in themselfs, and are capable of the unexpected.
                  Last edited by CBL; 06-28-2006, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                    yeah i ran 14.9 flat on f22b and i am no way a perfect driver. And thats with good tires, tuned and cai.
                    but overall those are the times i shoot for and expect. Aslso some jdm engines are just freeks in themselfs, and are capable of the unexpected.
                    Very true. Getting H22 numbers from F22Bs and H23s is interesting...

Of course, good tires and tuning are key. A CAI will actually cause you to LOSE power due to the stock computer adding too much fuel (everyone I know with bolt ons is running rich...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Very true. Getting H22 numbers from F22Bs and H23s is interesting...

Of course, good tires and tuning are key. A CAI will actually cause you to LOSE power due to the stock computer adding too much fuel (everyone I know with bolt ons is running rich...)
                      it will?

Comment

it did for me. I know because I tested it with my wb.

Comment

I'd say lower the times for the h23 to about the same as the h22... Maybe cause mine was ported and polished but right before it blew up on me I ran a 14.8 at 90+.

And my all stock f22a1 with a massive oil and exhaust leak ran a 16.0 flat with crappy tires.
                          Last edited by koolkoreanked; 06-28-2006, 08:59 PM.
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                            I'd say lower the times for the h23 to about the same as the h22... Maybe cause mine was ported and polished but right before it blew up on me I ran a 14.8 at 90+.

And my all stock f22a1 with a massive oil and exhaust leak ran a 16.0 flat with crappy tires.
                            damn, you serious on the f22a1? were you gutted? that engine must have been a freak engine, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              damn, you serious on the f22a1? were you gutted? that engine must have been a freak engine, lol.
                              Full interior... Just minus spare tire and thats about it. The first time I ran at the track I ran a 17.2... then I got it down to 16.8. 50 or so passes later I got it down to 16.1-16.2 were it stayed... the 16.0 was a one run freak. On the street I could keep up with b16 civic all the way up till about 70.
                              Last edited by koolkoreanked; 06-28-2006, 09:19 PM.
                              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                              registration is free

Comment

Working...
                              X