Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost to an SRT-4... nearly blew my motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yeah, all the guys that grew up with muscle cars see our cars as crap. We see the older boxy imports as treasures... kids growing up todaysee our cars as crap, and the 300hp turbo beasts as the thing to have (the line fuzzed by the flood of Japanese, Euro, and now domestic cars in this category).

It's all good though. As long as it meets your priorities.

I am not as fond of the newer EVO's and stuff, because they make everything so easy. Reduced driver involvement if you will...

Pretty soon you will be looking in the direction you want to turn and the computers will do the rest... Overcook a corner, no big deal. Launching? Mash and go baby...

Plus, god forbid if they break...

Oh god! I am getting old too! Why can't things just go back to the way they were!
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Our cars are complicated enough to have some luxury, but not so much that they're self-aware. IMO, perfect for the amateur builder that doesn't strictly want a project car.

Comment

Our cars are complicated enough to have some luxury, but not so much that they're self-aware. IMO, perfect for the amateur builder that doesn't strictly want a project car.

Exactly! They got the blend of driving dynamics/luxury just about perfect with this one IMO. That is why I am still here.

I have driven a lot of cars since I bought my CB 8 years ago, and I have yet to be willing to give it up.

The prospect of the car payment is always a turn off, but I am not totally unrealistic in that respect either. I have just in most cases liked my CB7 too much to let it go. From a reliability/condition/feature/payment standpoint, I just can't replace it for what it is worth. Now that it has been paid off for 4 years, I won't replace it.

The closest I came to giving it up was for a Certified used 2000 GS-R back in 2001, and I just couldn't do it. I have mulled giving it to my sisters too, at the urge of my parents, but that wasn't going to happen either...

Every Accord newer than the CB just seem more biased toward luxury, with a disproportionate decrease in response. My moms '02 CG for example... it is a very nice car. It rides well, it is comfortable, it does have noticably more interior space, and is quieter, but it isn't nearly as responsive. It is a nice car to drive, especially on the highway, but I don't feel like taking a mountain cruise in it...

The biggest downfall is power, but realistically, an H22 swap cures that. It might not be the fastest thing in a straight line, but realistically, a mid to low (even high) 14 second car is a blast on the street.

My current plan is to keep the CB as a toy, because I have always wanted one, and I LOVE that car, and then get something like a 4 door 06 EX V6 6speed. They actually handle really well for their size, and since I will have the CB to play with, I am a little more willing to take the sacrifice. Honda seemed to get more aggressive with the tuning on the new Accord chassis too...because I think it would outhandle my moms CG.

And for the price, I haven't been in anything between 30-50K yet, that really makes the Accord feel underwhelming from a quality standpoint.
        Last edited by owequitit; 06-09-2006, 06:15 PM.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ive test driven the '06 V6 accord, but the automatic though. The car does pack some power, and is pretty responsive. But the car is just too boring, theres nothing really special going for it. Guess it would be a good car if youre in the 30's or 40's, but definitely not for young people.
          RICE COOKA!!

Comment

wow man running with srt4..hmm you guys know how to pick em..sorry you lost though
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

hey mike i hope ur engine will be ok, remember my friend with the sr20 infiniti g20 ....well he blew his first sr20det just like that.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

The H22 is a beast So far, so good. I DO think I threw the valves out of spec, however.

We gotta meet up again sometime, Mark!

Comment

are u boosting the h now mike?
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

No, never Trying to sell my turbo kit so I can buy some good cams, actually. The goal is to make 250whp and still retain reasonable drivability.

If you still own your shop, I should probably talk to you about stuff... Empera is also looking for a Philly speed shop. I dropped your name.

Comment

No, never Trying to sell my turbo kit so I can buy some good cams, actually. The goal is to make 250whp and still retain reasonable drivability.

If you still own your shop, I should probably talk to you about stuff... Empera is also looking for a Philly speed shop. I dropped your name.
                      yeah im still here 8-6 m..f what do u need done?
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

250whp???? How do you plan on getting there, and do you plan on not going custom (i.e. ripping up and rebuilding the whole motor)? An F22 crank with specialized rods and Type-S pistons and some crazy cams would probably push you over 200-220whp...beyond that is all that labor intensive stuff. Good luck!

And thanks for the lights, I'm blackhousing them as we speak!

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i think 220-230 is more reasonable but ya mikes h takes all kinds of beatings and still get better gas mileage then my F

-sean
                          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I plan on contacting Collective Racing... with cash in hand 2point6 claimed 248whp and 28mpg at one point. I know my motor may never be quite as efficient or potent, but I'm hoping they can build something similar for me! And yes, I plan on rebuilding the entire thing.

Mark, I'm looking for a good header, cams, an electric water pump... not sure exactly what I can afford at the moment (I'm about to shell out $650 for some necessary work ) I'll have to get together with you sometime and discuss!

Comment

Working...
                            X