Stock + I/H/E Dyno Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock + I/H/E Dyno Run

I finally got my accord on the dyno today, even though my nitrous is empty. but i got a decent baseline run.
    127HP @ 5200 RPM
    137Tq

all on 17" rims

Simulated quarter mile...
    15.19 1/4 mile @ 93mph
    1.07 reaction time

not bad for mostly stock with i/h/e
    next we'll see how she runs with a 75 shot on the dyno...
    Last edited by 92accordexpower; 05-11-2006, 03:17 PM.
    The CB7 Timeline

Originally posted by 92accordexpower
    I finally got my accord on the dyno today, even though my nitrous is empty. but i got a decent baseline run.
    127HP @ 5200 RPM
    137Tq

all on 17" rims

Simulated quarter mile...
    15.19 1/4 mile @ 93mph
    1.07 reaction time

not bad for mostly stock with i/h/e
    next we'll see how she runs with a 75 shot on the dyno...
    Good stuff.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

keep in mind this is on a mustang dyno
      quarter mile seems a little on the quick side to me, but it can't be that accurate on a dyno i guess

anyone think this hp is reading too high for my mods on a mustang dyno?
      check my members ride thread for the full list of mods
      The CB7 Timeline

Comment

As far as I know, Mustang dynos are known for reading a bit higher than Dynojets, but they don't seem that far off.

There are too many variables that go into an engine making power, that it is hard to say.

1) Temperature/Humidity

2) Altitude

3) Health of the engine

4) Tuning, valve adjustment etc etc etc.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

That quarter mile is definately off but the whp and wtq seem decent maybe a tad bit high but nothin to call b.s. on.
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

1/4 times on dyno's always seem to be faster than what you will actually do. My friends lightning pulled a 12.8 on the mustang dyno, and ran 13.3-13.6's consistently, never once hitting 12's. Those are good numbers though, and 15's should be attainable with good driving and good weather. L8r
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

surely the dyno equates for aero drag?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                surely the dyno equates for aero drag?
                I'm sure it does, however the bulk of the time really comes from the launch and there's no way for the dyno to accurately simulate that.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yea it does equate for drag, launch is tricky though, and i definitely spun

load on the dyno is weird too, i think i spun the clutch shifting a couple times, when i never ever do on the road. so yea 1/4 mile times are definitely skewed, but they are consistent, so they're good for tuning. i'll get some pics up of the dyno chart soon for u guys
                  The CB7 Timeline

Comment

my concern was that it said u were trapping 93mph on a stock f22 lol. Thats around the same trap speed as most h22's
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Exactly, I was traping 85-89 with my h23a1 back in the day, and an f22 needs decent mods to equal the h23 (not that its all that great, but 30+hp more stock) I wish you best of luck racing, and look forward to seeing your times, as I never dyno'd mine and would like to know aproximate numbers of what I had. L8r
                      01-01-2019

Comment

i'll get it out to the track soon and get a real ET. new NHRA rules say i need a safety jacket to run nitrous though, so it may be delayed
                        in the mean time i'll run the streets and keep u guys informed
                        The CB7 Timeline

Comment

I hadn't heard about the new jacket rule, thats kinda shitty. It's for safety though so o'well. L8r
                          01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                          X